InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demand is obviously there, Gandalf got about 5000 preorders.
Aragorn by the looks of it at least that much maybe even more.
Legolas will sell in the same amount as lots of people love the elf princeling.

Nazgul in itself is not that amazing or incredible release as its a hooded figure without face, so they need to find a good price for that as I dont think lot of people would gladly pay 400-500 bucks for it.

Gimli and Frodo could pull in the range or close to the amount of POs Aragorn/Gandalf/Legolas imo. But we wont see them at least until 2025/26 I guess. I hope I am wrong...

Production photo updates of Gandalf are up.

Nazgul in itself is not that amazing or incredible release as its a hooded figure without face, so they need to find a good price for that as I dont think lot of people would oay 400-500 bucks for it.

Sounds like a mandatory horse or diorama purchase is bound to be included with the Nazgûl at this point :lol

Yeah and it is a bit odd given John's repeated point that the depth of a line will be determined almost entirely by demand that IA gave the Nazgul a slot when they could have given it to Gimli or Frodo.

I'm pretty sure that if you ask anyone which four FOTR figures they want the most in their collection they'd say Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf and then either Gimli or Frodo. A few might say Boromir but almost no one would say a Nazgul. But then they released a Pennywise too so they're obviously not entirely consistent in the demand dictating supply approach.
To tell the truth, Nazgûl is my favourite design, and if I have to choose, I would rather have it than other character.

I don't mind a Nazgul only because Asmus continues to fail in even making that figure properly after trying to do a 2.0 recently. A properly tailored black outfitted Nazgul is something I would like to see. I want Legolas and other Fellowship members first but them doing a Nazgul as an easier filler figure isn't bad since it would have no sculpt.

Aragorn is my most anticipated figure probably ever.

Oh, and...

Get this Nazgul talk out of here!

aragorn fighting nazgul GIF.gif

Aragorn will be a real test. Can they get that proto sculpt looking like that on production?
giphy.gif

I think they will. Gandalf's production sculpt looks incredible so far. I see them treating Aragorn the same way. I also just realized that this is the first we're seeing them tackle basic human skin painting in production since Joker had a ton of make up. They're doing a damn good job so far. :yess:

A6EDVxY.jpg

Aragorn is my most anticipated figure probably ever.

Oh, and...

Get this Nazgul talk out of here!

View attachment 642125
Yep I think I can agree with that...and it makes me want to curb my expectations to because I've been in this situation before as I'm sure you have to. It's almost too good to be true..

You're correct. John, in the last interview I watched, was clear that they were working on more LOTR figures. I believe he even said Frodo. I remember this because in an older video he said they would not make Frodo.

I have no idea what to believe from these "interviews" anymore.
Well at least they have the Harry Potter child body for Frodo. So there's that. Still have my fingers crossed.

Rooted feet hair would be a new challenge for them !

Luckily, the InArt team already has a simple solution to shrink it down a bit
View attachment 642249

I hope they don't resort to the HT way of doing things, and just Frankenstein an inaccurate body.

The whole size needs to be reduced. Hobbits didn't look like long-armed, short-legged critters to me. They were properly proportioned but reduced overall in size, except maybe their feet.

Back