InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out it was true.

EuT9TBxXIAMK1bE

I know some ppl say that TW is good for In Stock items just not POs but that’s not always safe either. For one example, one member PO’d the exclusive Captain America stealth suit figure from TW within hours of it going up for PO if I remember correctly, yet never got their order. Then, TW marked that figure as in stock and at a higher price, but yet TW still didn’t send them their order. And that’s just one example of them not sending items even if they list them as in-stock

Yeah I had the same issue with a PO that was delayed for ages. They kept kicking the release date out even when the item came into stock and they were selling it at a higher price. However, the difference in my case is I eventually got my PO and it was what I paid for. But I consider my experience and that example as PO problems rather than in stock problems.

I personally haven't had an in stock problem with TW i.e. purchasing from their in stock listing. But I'm sure others have and I'm not dismissing those experiences. Its a risk, I've just perhaps been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had a bad experience so far with their in stock listings.

As far as TW goes I personally had a good experience with two orders from them. Both Hot toys figures that where day one releases, now with that said I never used them again as I started to see post about their practices and then sure enough how they screw people over.

Last edited:
I'm amazed no one wants the standard version still available at OSK. Not saying no one thinks it's as amazing but I find it funny it's now when the premium is sold out that people want one. Best to wait on Kit he most likely will reopen orders like how he has for the other figures from InArt.

Yeah.. I was actually surprised as I remember he said they are going deep with LOTR or I may be mistaken. I tried to ignore the time it would take for the fellowship to be released but god damn, just Legolas alone may be a year away from now or more? If they do decide not to complete the fellowship at least give us Gimli and I personally would be happy but I doubt they wont finish it cause as soon as they show that immaculate likeness and quality people will buy them, I hope many.

Honestly pisses me off, I can't have Legolas without Gimli period. What are they even thinking? Those talented.. amazing figure making.. BASTARDS

Yeah.. I was actually surprised as I remember he said they are going deep with LOTR

You're correct. John, in the last interview I watched, was clear that they were working on more LOTR figures. I believe he even said Frodo. I remember this because in an older video he said they would not make Frodo.

I have no idea what to believe from these "interviews" anymore.

Yeah.. I was actually surprised as I remember he said they are going deep with LOTR or I may be mistaken. I tried to ignore the time it would take for the fellowship to be released but god damn, just Legolas alone may be a year away from now or more? If they do decide not to complete the fellowship at least give us Gimli and I personally would be happy but I doubt they wont finish it cause as soon as they show that immaculate likeness and quality people will buy them, I hope many.

Honestly pisses me off, I can't have Legolas without Gimli period. What are they even thinking? Those talented.. amazing figure making.. BASTARDS
I think we will get them all, but it's definitely going to take some time unfortunately. :impatient:

From the latest InArt video:

Current plan for LOTR is only Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Nazgul. They'll consider the whole Fellowship but depends on sales. Could take time

https://www.youtube.com/live/Kn1NFFXfyIY?feature=share

It actually sounds very promising to me. John said at 36:25 " we will develop almost all the Fellowship over the next couple of years... I've not seen Boromir on the line list but I'm sure that if we get close and there's the demand we can make Boromir... I don't know about how many hobbits but we've got more characters from the Lord of the Rings on the way for sure"

Of course its based on demand and John makes it clear that those 4 are the only definites but he says that "the Aragorn sales were amazing" so that's a strong indicator that the demand is there and the line will probably continue.

Did he say that? That is good news.
Yup at 38:20

If they can deliver something that's 90% of the Aragorn prototype then they definitely deserve those amazing sales. Tbh the demand is largely within their control IMO. If their Legolas is of a similar standard then they'll see more amazing sales which will justify continuing the line. I really hope they can keep nailing it and ppl keep buying so we eventually do get that Boromir after Asmus dropped the ball.

I'm not a completist but I would like Gimli and Frodo to round out my LOTR hero display.

Earlier reports on this review seem to indicate some slowing down on LOTR. Either way, its not looking like we'll see a Gimli or whomever until at earliest late 2024/early 2025.
Yeah and it is a bit odd given John's repeated point that the depth of a line will be determined almost entirely by demand that IA gave the Nazgul a slot when they could have given it to Gimli or Frodo.

I'm pretty sure that if you ask anyone which four FOTR figures they want the most in their collection they'd say Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf and then either Gimli or Frodo. A few might say Boromir but almost no one would say a Nazgul. But then they released a Pennywise too so they're obviously not entirely consistent in the demand dictating supply approach.

It actually sounds very promising to me. John said at 36:25 " we will develop almost all the Fellowship over the next couple of years... I've not seen Boromir on the line list but I'm sure that if we get close and there's the demand we can make Boromir... I don't know about how many hobbits but we've got more characters from the Lord of the Rings on the way for sure"

Of course its based on demand and John makes it clear that those 4 are the only definites but he says that "the Aragorn sales were amazing" so that's a strong indicator that the demand is there and the line will probably continue.
That's the way I thought I had heard it too about LOTR. I was going to listen to it again on Friday while stuck on a plane to make sure I heard it right.

Sounds like one Michael Jackson figure will be shown in July and go up for preorder shortly after. Paul from Dune will be right after that.

Back