InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure. When the InArt deluxe Joker was revealed it finally gave me the motivation I needed to stopped dragging my feet on the tons of stuff I wanted to sell. That's how I paid for it. None of my Joker money was really "out of pocket".

The smart way to fund an upgrade to the collection.

For sure. When the InArt deluxe Joker was revealed it finally gave me the motivation I needed to stopped dragging my feet on the tons of stuff I wanted to sell. That's how I paid for it. None of my Joker money was really "out of pocket".

I did more or less this as well - I used to have a bunch of lower-end collectibles like figma, SHFs, Play Arts etc, but after seeing the very impressive Gametoys AC Cloud set, I sold off the majority of it and re-evaluated my perspective on collectibles in general. I'd far rather have, for example, 10 larger and more impressive pieces that can be displayed than loads of smaller things that end up just looking cluttered in a detolf.

Last edited:
I did more or less this as well - I used to have a bunch of lower-end collectibles like figma, SHFs, Play Arts etc, but after seeing the very impressive Gametoys AC Cloud set, I sold off the majority of it and re-evaluated my perspective on collectibles in general. I'd far rather have, for example, 10 larger and more impressive pieces that can be displayed than loads of smaller things that end up just looking cluttered in a detolf.
At this point in life, I feel less guilty about the hobby relative to real life stuff when I’m just cannibalizing the collection.

As for my ACI, I’m still keeping him - for now. It’s a good project base. Other than the boots, I think the quality is still there. Who knows? My hope is that InArt will blow my mind when I get it and then I can part with ACI Aragorn, too. We’ll see.

It's just I've never sold my collections, and I have 1 character -1 figure policy.
ACI Aragorn was one of my grail piece for many years. I kinda feel like a divorcing husband replacing for better looking partner :lol
Don’t worry. Once you get that more attractive model in your hands, you won’t think twice about ditching your tired, old, obsolete former love.

Not sure what to do with my ACI Aragorn when I receive this... I'd feel bad if I decide to sell it. :(

The ACI Aragorn still has a lot of great parts, other than the head sculpt, if you want to kit bash some version of the character.

I saw one sell on Ebay last week for over $400, so there's still some demand out there. Maybe it's those who couldn't get the InArt, but I don't see why anyone would spend more on the ACI than the retail price of the regular InArt version. Whatever, the ACI still sold for much more than I expected.

Maybe this was answered already (is there a search within a thread feature?) but is the coat going to be made of real leather?

Maybe this was answered already (is there a search within a thread feature?) but is the coat going to be made of real leather?
yes, the search feature is pretty good and you can choose a few ways to search the forum. When you select the search function at the top right, change the "everywhere" to the location where you want to search.

1675663299323.png

The "Brave Little Toaster" (and "Toy Story") messed up so many people... but in fact, your ACI Aragorn won't even care when you sell him at a loss to get rid of him.

It will be easier with new shiney guy in hand, but the demand will also be lower then (there still may be a fair number of people not realizing a new figure is on the way), so take your pick.

The "Brave Little Toaster" (and "Toy Story") messed up so many people... but in fact, your ACI Aragorn won't even care when you sell him at a loss to get rid of him.

It will be easier with new shiney guy in hand, but the demand will also be lower then (there still may be a fair number of people not realizing a new figure is on the way), so take your pick.
You Joke but Toy Story dominated my early childhood and to this day a part of me feels bad when I sell or get rid of anything even remotely toy-like or collectible the worst part is my family sort of piles on if they notice "oh, are you really getting rid of X! but you used to love X!".
I usually push through and sell the thing (wither for funds or for fear of becoming a hoarder) but sometimes I cave to the guilt and keep the thing I was going to retire....

:ROFLMAO:

You Joke but Toy Story dominated my early childhood and to this day a part of me feels bad when I sell or get rid of anything even remotely toy-like or collectible the worst part is my family sort of piles on if they notice "oh, are you really getting rid of X! but you used to love X!".
I usually push through and sell the thing (wither for funds or for fear of becoming a hoarder) but sometimes I cave to the guilt and keep the thing I was going to retire....

:ROFLMAO:

As a 1/6 figure hoarder, I totally understand...

Back