InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what all the international retailers had him at. KGHobby had him at the cheapest since they surprisingly offered free shipping with this. $448 shipped for rooted Aragorn.
  1. OSK Standard Aragorn ($335 USD Free Shipping): https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4221
  2. OSK Premium Aragorn ($480 USD Free Shipping): https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4222
  3. GianToy Standard Aragorn ($330 USD Free Shipping): 1/6 INART Aragorn Ag-A005S1 Standard Ver (Please Read Policy) — GIANTOY action figures
  4. GianToy Premium Aragorn ($470 USD Free Shipping): 1/6 INART Aragorn Ag-A005P1 Premium Ver (Please Read Policy) — GIANTOY action figures
  5. KGHobby Standard Aragorn ($307 USD Free Shipping): InArt Aragorn 1/6th Scale Figure (Standard Version Sculpted Hair) The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring
  6. KGHobby Premium Aragorn ($448 USD Free Shipping): InArt Aragorn 1/6th Scale Figure (Premium Version Rooted Hair) The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring
That simply means KG will get them the last from InArt and use the slowest/worst shipping possible.
I'm still waiting for the item that came out last October for every other shop and still waiting for AS replacement parts for 7 months.
Go ahead if you want to join me in the waiting LOL

That simply means KG will get them the last from InArt and use the slowest/worst shipping possible.
I'm still waiting for the item that came out last October for every other shop and still waiting for AS replacement parts for 7 months.
Yup, and it'll probably arrive with an entire stamp collection and a dinged up box. (y)
But they do have the best prices...usually.
20230122_005457.jpg

Damn, I'm worried about my Aragorn now, that's exactly where I ordered from, is it just bad experiences with the shop or are there also more satisfied customers?

No. Hot Toys will never do what Inart is doing. Hot Toys produces like 30 figures a year. They very clearly put extra time and attention to select few figures while a bunch of others get the short ugly stick (Batman Begins, BTTF Doc, etc). Inart does the opposite where they very cleary put extra time and effort in each and every figure to reach a higher level of realism, albeit with a lower output quantity of figures per year.

Hot Toys doesn't care to do high quality rooted hair either. As a matter of fact, I think they just gave up on doing rooted hair entirely and have switched to doing sculpted hair only, just look at the recent Black Widow and WW89 release. Hot Toys will stick to the 280-350 price range (for now) while Inart will offer a range from $300-$1000.

In the end, it's just more options for us collectors and competition between the companies to put out better figures. There's no denying that Inart has brought a change in Hot Toys in the past year. WAY more rolling eye system, The Batman figure receiving multiple updates, the latest Bane figure being completely remade from scratch, them trying seamless wrist arms with a Wolverine + real leather jacket.
Agreed. Hot Toys will feel some pressure to lift their game (as you mentioned) but they will want to keep in their lower price range to ensure they maintain the larger volumes and decent profit margins.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share all those links and info, Hologram! For whatever reason I don't feel as pressed to get the rooted sculpt like I did with Joker. And I don't feel like I need Andúril. Also, it's roughly $140 cheaper. :lol
If you haven't ordered yet, use code INARTWILL for $10 off at OSK.

You all think they would do another round of the main characters? At least Aragorn and GtW?
I asked them just that, I think they misunderstood my question and they said they release their figures in batches until all orders are completed :lol that's about it, really curious as well, would love a second Aragorn in the future.

This is why I’m never using Kg again, still waiting for Echo and Black Widow. Although to be fair, I’ve never had slow shipping from them. Just slow to get them in stock.

Damn, I'm worried about my Aragorn now, that's exactly where I ordered from, is it just bad experiences with the shop or are there also more satisfied customers?
I got that third party Darkseid from KG. The shipper box came exactly as someone else has shown, covered in stamps and a little bit dinged but the figure box and figure itself are fine, the shipping was actually reasonably quick and it was the best price. I have no complaints personally but if you want a better chance of getting a pristine box then I'd order from somewhere else that packs items better.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share all those links and info, Hologram! For whatever reason I don't feel as pressed to get the rooted sculpt like I did with Joker. And I don't feel like I need Andúril. Also, it's roughly $140 cheaper. :lol
1674423122157.gif

This figure comes with the shards of Narsil which doesn’t become Anduril until it’s reforged.
Their cheapest and slowest shipping is by boat but KG have confirmed they are using airmail for Aragorn on Facebook.
Their InArt Joker stock is coming in March which seems to be in line with other stores. It’s only Hot Toys that they’re absolutely last to receive every time- but you probably shouldn’t expect to ever receive those replacement parts…
Yup, and it'll probably arrive with an entire stamp collection and a dinged up box. (y)
View attachment 619548
Post men love those boxes. It’s a nice colourful treat from all the Amazon packages they’re used to delivering.

I asked them just that, I think they misunderstood my question and they said they release their figures in batches until all orders are completed :lol that's about it, really curious as well, would love a second Aragorn in the future.
Haha well I appreciate you asking at least even if it wasn’t answered. I’m sure they haven’t thought that far quite yet and are more focused on meeting current standards.

I don’t intend to collect the fellowship or any others from LotR but I would seriously be tempted to pick up another Aragorn if it were to be a Black Gate variant with Anduril and I’m not ashamed to say that 80% solely to get the sword at that quality level.

I wouldn't really say I've had a bad experience with KGH, just some odd ones. lol
To be fair though, only the shipper box was a bit dinged, not a big deal. And the inner/main box was wrapped in bubble wrap. I have seen a few bad ones come from them, however that would normally fall on the shipping company due to not giving a crap on how it's handled.
Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my $376 Damtoys Claire makes the trip in one piece when KGH finally ships her...sometime next year. 😬
This is why I’m never using Kg again, still waiting for Echo and Black Widow. Although to be fair, I’ve never had slow shipping from them. Just slow to get them in stock.
Yeah thats about how it's gone for me a couple times as well. It takes longer for them ship out stuff, but their prices are darn tempting. Sugo takes the cake as far as stocking times go. Literally end up getting your figure two months after everyone else. lol Their shipping is top notch though.
Post men love those boxes. It’s a nice colourful treat from all the Amazon packages they’re used to delivering.
Very true. Lol Maybe all those Autumn coloured stamps can make them forget it's still winter for a delivery or two! :lol

Word on the street is that the Gandalf companion piece from InArt will have a light up Moria staff. I wonder what additions this figure might get as it moves closer to production.

Word on the street is that the Gandalf companion piece from InArt will have a light up Moria staff. I wonder what additions this figure might get as it moves closer to production.
Hopefully his dark green ranger poncho that he wears for most of the movie yet annoyingly missing so far from this release...

Attachments

• viggo-mortensen-lord-rings-fellowship-ps-02-2236x1440.jpg
    viggo-mortensen-lord-rings-fellowship-ps-02-2236x1440.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 263c2ed56eee8c7aa2531a5565910538.jpg
    263c2ed56eee8c7aa2531a5565910538.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 619548
I made my first purchase with KGH over the holiday season and was shocked when I saw all the stamps they put on the box :lol That's gotta suck for the person who actually has to count out and apply all those stamps.

Last edited:
I made my first purchase with KGH over the holiday season and was shocked when I saw all the stamps they put on the box :lol That's gotta suck for the person who actually has to count out and apply all those stamps.
I was thinking that too. I feel sorry for whoever gets stuck with that job. lol

Back