InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One figure to rule them all.

It wasn't easy to pass on their faux haired Joker, as I have just about all of the "TDK" line from Hot Toys but I just couldn't bring myself to pay a grand.

LOTR is one of my other "completist" type of lines and a well sculpted/painted Aragorn is a grail. I still have my repainted Sideshow version as my main Aragorn on display.

It wasn't easy to pass on their faux haired Joker, as I have just about all of the "TDK" line from Hot Toys but I just couldn't bring myself to pay a grand.

LOTR is one of my other "completist" type of lines and a well sculpted/painted Aragorn is a grail. I still have my repainted Sideshow version as my main Aragorn on display.
Yep I think it'll also be hard for me to pass on Aragorn, so long as the sculpt is excellent. None have come close to date.

He can go with my Asmus rooted Gandalf and if someone did a decent Frodo then that would be enough for me as a core triple display.

1665152286349.png

Beautiful base. Could be Rivendell or Amon Hen inspired but it’s a safe bet that we’ll at least get his Ranger look with a strong likelihood of the Elven cloak, dagger, Evenstar and Boromir’s vambraces as accessories to cover the entirety of his Fellowship looks.

There is a problem though; IA have made the sword handle definitively black…
668C592A-7F11-4524-9A8E-A19FD44EFA6F.jpeg

It’s dark olive green, bro! To match his scabbard. The fuller on IA’s also stops a fair bit away from the cross guard so that’s two fails.
D90670AE-ACE1-48F9-8252-3554DF9111B3.jpeg

If they can’t get the sword right, I don’t know how we can expect them to sculpt Viggo’s impossible to capture features accurately.
Bad start imo.

Last edited:
Something funny I noticed is if you Google "Aragorn's sword", a lot of the results come back with cheap stainless steel versions that look exactly like InArt's LOL. Did they really use knockoff references or what?

s-l500.jpg

aragorn-ranger-sword-dark-edition.png

Beautiful base. Could be Rivendell or Amon Hen inspired but it’s a safe bet that we’ll at least get his Ranger look with a strong likelihood of the Elven cloak, dagger, Evenstar and Boromir’s vambraces as accessories to cover the entirety of his Fellowship looks.

There is a problem though; IA have made the sword handle definitively black…
View attachment 601894
It’s dark olive green, bro! To match his scabbard. The fuller on IA’s also stops a fair bit away from the cross guard so that’s two fails.
View attachment 601895

If they can’t get the sword right, I don’t know how we can expect them to sculpt Viggo’s impossible to capture features accurately.
Bad start imo.
Comment this on their Facebook then. They do listen to feedback.

Exciting! I'll buy the one with a sculpted hair, as good as rooted hair looks I don't have a nerve for it, once dust gets in u can't do anything.

Just keep it on a showcase. Rooted hair is million times better. You'll regret.

Rooted all the way for this one. Especially with Viggo's messy damp looking hair that he had throughout all the movies. It'll probably look great with the way Inart does their rooted hair. It's gonna look a bit too perfect and plasticky when done sculpted.

8AXX3R8wuU6ayYrVpbX7VH-1200-80.jpg

Back