InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the already available first "silly" Kang? I posted it for you somewhere.
I saw it on Kit's site. I didn't get any notifications if you tagged me anywhere. But God, do I hate this casting unlike anything else. HE'S LITERALLY SPACE ALEXANDER WITH AURELIAN'S HELMET, WHY THE F-

No. I'm good. I'm barely watching the flicks anyhow. I'll swap the heads and it'll be fine. This is the Aragorn thread, I'm not going to go off the rails. I'm good.

I really do hope they knock him out of the park, as Viggo's difficult to capture. And when they get around to the RotK version, I'd rather the battle version, not the coronation one. The extra armour makes him look silly there, whereas the previous look is ace.

EJWhiddWoAEyCS9.jpg:large

Imagine the chainmail and everything.

The anticipation for this one is killing me, I thought we’d have had a small tease by now. Still, if they perfect it then it’s worth waiting for.

Really hope they put the Nazgul up at the same time. I don’t see any reason they’d need to delay that unless it comes with an amazing diorama piece (eg a horse).

I saw it on Kit's site. I didn't get any notifications if you tagged me anywhere. But God, do I hate this casting unlike anything else. HE'S LITERALLY SPACE ALEXANDER WITH AURELIAN'S HELMET, WHY THE F-

No. I'm good. I'm barely watching the flicks anyhow. I'll swap the heads and it'll be fine. This is the Aragorn thread, I'm not going to go off the rails. I'm good.

I really do hope they knock him out of the park, as Viggo's difficult to capture. And when they get around to the RotK version, I'd rather the battle version, not the coronation one. The extra armour makes him look silly there, whereas the previous look is ace.

EJWhiddWoAEyCS9.jpg:large

Imagine the chainmail and everything.
Probably my least favourite look for Aragorn. Strider and Helms Deep are the best ones.

In this case, I say

81XytE4eaAL.jpg

tumblr_mrwp2uMCIU1sx2peuo1_500.gif

I think I'd rather a Sauron over an Aragorn, dolly wise. Come to think of it, even in-universe, who was better? Aragorn had no tax policy, how could he have been a good king? All he had was a "rightful claim", which sounds like hogwash to me. All Sauron wanted was to bring order and advance Middle-Earth. That doesn't sound like such a bad guy to me. Victim of propaganda more like. "But what of the Orcs and destruction" you might ask. Eh, desperate times and all, you can't blame a man for getting his hands a bit dirty for the greater good. Also, Sauron had aesthetics on his side. What did Aragorn have? Bah, some Ranger from the North is not muh king. I'm Team Sauron all the way.

tumblr_mfy97z8zpd1r9sav2o1_r3_640.jpg

I'm not really joking. LotR's always rubbed me off the wrong way a tad and I only got a tiny bit into it because I like manipulative villains who own it.

Exactly! It’s like upgrading from Sideshow to Hot Toys, why should they care what came before, this is a whole different level. The only thing in common is the scale.
You’re showing a lot of faith in a company that hasn’t released a finished 1:6 LOTR figure yet.
All I’m saying is, there are already options for both the Strider and Helm’s Deep looks.
I’d love to see InArt tackle the Black Gate Aragorn look for some variety. Their reputed skill should have an opportunity to shine with that look.

Back