InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope InArt will provide a few more pictures of the faces. They gloriously showed off their Gandalf, but this one seems relatively hidden by comparison.
It makes me wonder if they’re not still working on it/not 100% happy with it, but wanted to honor their pre-order date window without delaying it, yet again.

Looks great, I like that they basically him every accessory he handled in the movie outside of the carpet flooring thing I think, but I'm still going with the HT. I don't need a Bruce figure so the rooted hair isn't a big bonus for me. I'd like to get the computer though if someone parts it out.

We always ship according to order sequence

For hot toys there maybe 1st batch if you send anuties to queue on the 1st day in secret base Hong Kong

For Queen, they only offer dealer batch in China, maybe you get it earlier if you order one at Queen's official china store but they ship within China only

So if you ask Queen Studio/ In art, they will tell you this is all ********, there's no 1st batch or 2nd batch

You know what?

If the figure value dropped, they will upgrade you to the 1st batch

If the figure value up, your 2nd batch will take forever to despatch or ends up they will tell you "sorry we cannot full fulfill your order because the courier/warehouse damaged the figure"

We pay for toy, not play by toy, don't be fooled by those ahole with zero moral standard
Appreciate the reply. I did find it odd TW were offering first and second options on a non Hot Toys figure.

I'll place my order with you, as I did Joker, once I decide which version to get.

So am I the only one concerned about poseability on The Batman? With Joker and Gandalf, InArt released pictures that showed each of them in some dynamic positions, at least hinting at the range of articulation. These are all vanilla poses that don't really show if the suit will hinder articulation. It looks great either way, but I'll keep my HT on preorder.
The suit looking this good may mean this is practically a statue when it comes to articulation

So am I the only one concerned about poseability on The Batman? With Joker and Gandalf, InArt released pictures that showed each of them in some dynamic positions, at least hinting at the range of articulation. These are all vanilla poses that don't really show if the suit will hinder articulation. It looks great either way, but I'll keep my HT on preorder.
My biggest concern is ankle articulation. As it's hard to tell if there's really a split cut boot in those pics or a regular combat boot that extends up and prevents any kind of movement at all.

Going all in, the 1:6 cashmere coat sold it for me.

For me, that's another questionable decision from Inart. I'm not gonna get into fabric quality but cashmere's softness and warmth feels nice and worth it when used and worn as an actual piece of clothing. On a toy? Hmmmmmm. Also depending on your display, storage set up, and location, best pray the moths don't eat that up. They could have just stuck with a synthetic fabric with similar texture.

I think osk has the images for Bruce wayne swapped
Sculpted pics showing rooted version and vice versa

Well - I've had a think and I think I am happy with my Hot Toys order.

To me the likeness to Pattinson is better on HT: likeness is for me one of, if not the, most important factors that makes these figures into desirable collectibles for me and my collection, its probably one of the bigger metrics on which I decide whats worth purchasing or not and on this updated head sculpt HT edges Inart out (from both of their prototypes - who knows what will happen with production to either of them)

You also get the much better base with the HT - like @Victοr said the base on the Pennywise (or the diorama with the Ledger) really helped elevate those figures to that next level and without it this Batman feels like it is merely stiff competition for Hot Toys rather than being "art" vs an expensive figure, like some of the past prototypes.
The diorama's stone baroque façade and the USB light-up feature are really impressive to me and suit the character perfectly while also being quite versatile.

The accessories between the two are nearly identical with the same magnetic and diecast features - the Inart premium edition has the computer and empty cowl which I prefer to the "wingsuit" of the deluxe HT, as well as all of the Riddler cards (though those could easily be printed yourself or from Etsy or the like) - but for the same price as the Premium Inart you can get the deluxe Hot Toys with the Bat Signal..... and I would rather have the diorama light-up base + the Batsignal rather than a computer I probably won't use and an empty cowl (though I do wish HT would add this, it makes sense).

As for the figure itself - the more I look at better pictures and videos of the Hot Toys - I'l admit that.... I'm not seeing a huge difference between the two?
I Know, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when other people say the difference is night and day because I literally can't see it.
The only real difference I see is the chest section, which is bigger on the Inart, but when I compare it to screenshots I think the Inart is too big and to my eye the HT is the more accurate of the two.

BUT - I am going to purchase the Inart Premium Bruce Wayne on its own to go with my Hot Toys Batman.
The Rooted Wayne sculpt looks miles better than the sculpted hair, and to my eye, nails the Pattinson likeness in that scene.
Pattinson's Bruce is perhaps the Bruce I like the most (with Keaton a close second) he feels like a real person in pain as opposed to the playboy disguise of Bale and Affleck - I never feel like I meet the real versions of those people, they always oscillate between being the "symbol" of Batman and the "persona" of Billionaire-Playboy Bruce Wayne that I don't feel a connection to the REAL Bruce beneath the cowl. I do however feel that connection with Pattinson's portrayal of the character.
So, for that reason, I am happy for this to be my first and quite possibly only "Bruce Wayne" figure (though the Mars Toys Keaton might well tempt me).
Plus I love the base - the aged marble look is executed really well and will go great with the baroque façade of the Hot Toys diorama. I love the subtle but meaningful inclusion of the Wayne insignia cufflink in the base and overall I think it looks like a luxury figure.
the 1:6 cashmere coat sold it for me.
Okay that also had something to do with it.... :ROFLMAO:

Though they are not an irreplaceable accessory, by getting this Bruce I will also have all the Riddler cards as well. So that is one less "missing" accessory from not ordering the Inart accounted for - heres hoping a lot of people feel like parting out the cowl and computer (though I doubt it). But as I said before its not like not having these 2 accessories is a tragedy

The placards I won't display with either Bruce or Batman - but I will happily display them with a 1/6 Riddler once I settle on which one I will order - along with all the cards.
Also is it just me but when you look at the very high res pics of the placards - do they look 3D - like they are not printed on paper or card but are some sort of rigid material? Like resin or something? Reminds me a little of the "Everything must go!" sign that came with the Prime 1 Phoenix Joker.

Sooooooo - am I the only one on the entire forum who is only thinking of buying a Bruce Wayne?:cuckoo::rotfl

I hope InArt will provide a few more pictures of the faces. They gloriously showed off their Gandalf, but this one seems relatively hidden by comparison.
I just messaged Queen Studios on Instagram about both these things, so, hopefully, they get back to me with a straight answer shortly.

Fabric texture on Inart is definitely better. It looks similar to the actual costume. Hot Toys looks like, uhm, similar to felt?

Damn, I really thought I'd be content with the HT figure but the more I compare with the Inart the better this new one seems. The suit and proportions are right out of the movie while the HT just seems too padded and toyish and has those short looking arms.

And while I might give a slight edge to the HT Pattinson sculpt, when it comes to the masked head I still see a lot more of Pattinson in the Inart version. Plus the Inart skin tone is appropriately pale while the HT heads are far too tanned.

View attachment 594478
I think it's difficult to tell how the skin tone will be in the final product--or any other colour on the piece, for that matter--from HT's photos. These days they are over-staging their photos so much that the lighting basically obfuscates the true nature of the product. For example, they are using all sorts of warm lighting in those photos, which naturally makes the skin tone appear warmer as well.

I'd also guess that they are using a lot of post-processing in their photos to make everything pop. Makes for very flashy images but doesn't really help evaluate the piece, in my opinion.

Now what I need is an Inart two-pack of the Riddler with Paul Dano in his Arkham gear and the little interrogation cell diorama alongside him in his full on Riddler gear complete with sniper, duct-tape, carpet tucker, thumb-drive, collar-bomb, rat-helmet, bat in a cage, espresso with question mark, Se7en-esque apartment base/diorama piece and other assorted serial killer paraphernalia.

Imagine this as the backdrop/diorama piece

sanctuary-1.jpg

and this as the base...
tmcmr99gc2f81.jpg

I think it's difficult to tell how the skin tone will be in the final product--or any other colour on the piece, for that matter--from HT's photos. These days they are over-staging their photos so much that the lighting basically obfuscates the true nature of the product. For example, they are using all sorts of warm lighting in those photos, which naturally makes the skin tone appear warmer as well.

I'd also guess that they are using a lot of post-processing in their photos to make everything pop. Makes for very flashy images but doesn't really help evaluate the piece, in my opinion.
Agreed. Even thinking more recently-the Stealth Cap 2.0 official pics had the suit looking almost turquoise in about half the official pics instead of the darker navy color that it actually is and the sculpt details looked pretty washed out. It's like the want to light it so you can see every little thing rather than capturing the mood of the character and movie which is something InArt does very well in their official proto pics.

Perhaps, but HT doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to pale skin tones in their final product.

This looks pretty sweet... But so hard to tell from Prototype pictures now a days. Interested in seeing comparison photos of the production pieces to the Hot Toys figures after they are both released. Wouldn't want to be a fan of this version of Batman and have to choose between this or the Hot Toys. Both look good.

Glad I could care less about this or any other character InArt has listed so far... :yess: .. :lol

Perhaps, but HT doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to pale skin tones in their final product.
They didn’t even make the recent Harley Quinn figures as pale as she was in the film—you know, one of the defining characteristics of her look—so I also would forget about this Batman being close to the right complexion.

Back