InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know but somehow the chest plate material on the inArt one looks off to me, it looks too "fluffy" and canvas fabric style. I cannot remember it looking like that in the movie.
For me it’s already accurate I’d rather have this to a glossy plate. This reference gives it away for me, if check closely on other references the only time it looks shiny is when it’s wet. But still Still though having some yellow dirt on it would be nice.. might just do those myself lol.

Attachments

• 84BF2877-97C7-4DD3-BEE9-25BDDD950CBB.png
    84BF2877-97C7-4DD3-BEE9-25BDDD950CBB.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I’ve reached the point of just being excited to see a company that legitimately seems to care about every product they put out. Whether the turn around from prototype to production holds up remains to be seen, but it’s two things for me: consistency and diversity. I love me some Shawshank as much as the next guy. Stephen King does amazing stuff, but for me, personally? Could not give less of a **** about Pennywise. Saw both films. Enjoyed both films, but would I pay $600 for a figure? I wouldn’t pay $280 or whatever for the Hot Toy. ****, I wouldn’t pay $30 for the NECA version. I just…don’t care.

But you know who does? InArt. That prototype floored me. The pictures, the tailoring, the base and proportions? ****’s ******* stellar. Same with Gandalf. And their upcoming release schedule indicates much of the same. I’m not saying Hot Toys doesn’t care about their products. I look at stuff like their entire Loki line and I absolutely think they do. But I also think Hot Toys *could’ve* been an entirely different company had something like InArt emerged a long time ago. Like my boy B-Man once said, “people need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy.”

I’ll be completely honest: as far as consistency’s concerned? This ****’s well and truly above my pay grade. Joker was the impulse buy to end all impulse buys and I made a commitment to myself that if I don’t sell some **** I don’t want to pay for him? I’m not getting him. And Pattinson’s Batman stole my heart from the moment I watched that damn, beautiful movie, so, this one’s an absolute must, but from there? I don’t honestly know how far I can take this. Probably Bale, but I don’t know that I have enough of an attachment to Snyder’s trinity to want them. They’d have to really knock my socks off to get me interested in honestly anything that wasn’t classic DC like Keaton or Reeve after these guys.

I guess my thing is just to this point, I see a care that goes into these things that maybe I’m just not privy to with Hot Toys. I don’t think it’s elitist, so much as an objective assessment of a vibe. Hot Toys’ vibe for the last decade has been that of a bougie, less consistent Hasbro. They pump out as many new releases as they can to put up for pre-order when whatever the new, popular Disney/Marvel/Star Wars and occasional DC entry shows up and then they dip. I’ve never been a finicky bastard who picks over **** with a fine tooth comb, but you also get the impression that any imperfections, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, to this point, would’ve been met with “don’t like it? Don’t buy it.” They’ve seemingly changed their tune a bit if Battinson and Peacemaker are any indication, but it still strikes me as super reactionary (probably because it is).

To this point, really, the only thing that’s kept me in the 1/6th game at all have been the Mondo Batman animated releases, the Damtoys Godfather, and the odd Hot Toys figure I’d pick up with Reward Points (Forever Bats and King Shark), but this **** has me feeling the same excitement I felt scouring these boards and looking at pictures of the old DX Joker as a 14 year old in 2009.
I think you’ve nailed everything I feel as well but wasn’t entirely sure how to word it, so great job!!

For me it’s already accurate I’d rather have this to a glossy plate. This reference gives it away for me, if check closely on other references the only time it looks shiny is when it’s wet. But still Still though having some yellow dirt on it would be nice.. might just do those myself lol.
Great close up, thanks. I think the material inArt used for the prototype just needs a bit of weathering to get the look of the movie suit.

Last edited:
InArt prototypes has impressed me. It’s amazing how much subtle improvements reinvigorate my excitement in figures. It’s like taking an espresso shot during a long morning at work.

Now, I just want to see how they tackle a female figure like Wonder Woman next. They’d have to come up with a game-changing seamless body. I’m sure the rooted hair will look miles better than Hot Toys Barbie hair. I expect them to use real metal with her Armor as well. If they wanted to blow us away, they’ll include a glowing LED lasso and metal sword. A metal shield might be too heavy.
Have they actually said they would do Wonder Woman ? Going by their polls I think it was only BvS Superman which was in the top 3 or 5.

But even if not, she would be a good one to do. WIth the chances of the Snyderverse being restored higher than ever imo, and WW3 coming at some point, I guess the chances are good InArt will have their chance at some point.

Have they actually said they would do Wonder Woman ? Going by their polls I think it was only BvS Superman which was in the top 3 or 5.

But even if not, she would be a good one to do. WIth the chances of the Snyderverse being restored higher than ever imo, and WW3 coming at some point, I guess the chances are good InArt will have their chance at some point.
She was on that official list they put out for 22/23.

2C83A802-8FA4-494B-87EC-E6D1591E2D14.png

I seem to remember Aquaman being on that list. Perhaps I’m going crazy.

Last edited:
I found the flaw that was bugging me, inart did everything right with the figure except.. the shoulder pads! It took a while but after looking at references, it’s supposed to be longer and smoother around the edges. Hot toys even got that part on par. I really hope they update it on the final release. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• 5A5F272A-94F9-4598-B916-F2C5F22EAB80.jpeg
    5A5F272A-94F9-4598-B916-F2C5F22EAB80.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 8F9A5A0B-B30C-4B6E-AB1C-0341E958A547.jpeg
    8F9A5A0B-B30C-4B6E-AB1C-0341E958A547.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 0
Do you guys just look over every single detail looking for discrepancies or what? How do you notice this stuff.

I’ve never seen such obsession over minutia details in straps, folds, buckles and textures.

I think the Hot Toys and InArt figures both look good, just like I thought the McFarlane action figure was good for what it was. You guys are never going to get a mini-human in any scale, no matter what mods or customs strive for it.

‘There must be some way this thing isn’t utterly perfect and I shall be the one to expose it!! Mwahahah!’

I’m really looking forward to the full reveal. Guessing the POs will follow shortly after so that should fall just after my next pay day which is a comforting thought. I already know I’m buying; it’s just a matter of how much I’m spending and whether or not I’ll go for the Bruce Wayne as well.

I don’t necessarily mind the nitpicks if they leads to improvements on the final product. However, those that don’t tend to just make me less enthusiastic and less appreciative of figures I’ve waited two years for so… swings and roundabouts.

I think the Hot Toys and InArt figures both look good, just like I thought the McFarlane action figure was good for what it was.

A $300 and more toy will get more criticism than a $15 - 20 one. Besides, they market these as replication of actual likeness. If these were maybe less than a $100, I don't think anybody would be this critical.

Do you guys just look over every single detail looking for discrepancies or what? How do you notice this stuff.

I’ve never seen such obsession over minutia details in straps, folds, buckles and textures.
It’s very excessive. I know screen accuracy is the point of figures based on movies, but my god, it’s a toy…..it will have some slight discrepancies.

It’s very excessive. I know screen accuracy is the point of figures based on movies, but my god, it’s a toy…..it will have some slight discrepancies.
tell that to the people who spend upwards of $1K+ on custom figures. detail is everything past that point. they're glorified toys, just treated as art pieces and superior things than hot toys. same thing applies to here, some people will treat this the same as if this was a statue. it essentially is one in a certain point of view

tell that to the people who spend upwards of $1K+ on custom figures. detail is everything past that point. they're glorified toys, just treated as art pieces and superior things than hot toys. same thing applies to here, some people will treat this the same as if this was a statue. it essentially is one in a certain point of view

Here’s my point of view. Technology in toys have greatly advanced from the past couple years and it makes people more spoiled and basically want more everytime. At this point companies like inart is replicating insane details that hot toys doesn’t really focus on. They have the technology to 3D print the right things and have talented artists working together to create something so innovative. One example is that if they can pay attention to details such as this, why are aspects like the shoulder pads drastically different from the references? They can easily make these technical changes if they wanted to.

Everyone’s eyes are different, but it helps to see new perspectives so when companies like JND bring their own 1:6, they might do something right/wrong compared to their competitors. It helps all collectors decide the pros and cons, considering price.

Statues, 1:6, 1:4 will never be 100% on par with real life.. no matter how many mods you put on a figure, but for many people on this forum it’s probably relieving to brainstorm ideas to see how we can improve it ourselves. Not because we’re better but for fun.

Nothing is ever perfect? Perfect is very subjective for everyone, at the end of the day it depends on the person’s expectations.

I will 100% still preorder this masterpiece, but still interesting to see on small things they can work on before the final product.

Attachments

• 6003DAD9-6B26-42D1-9BB2-F4411AA06B92.jpeg
    6003DAD9-6B26-42D1-9BB2-F4411AA06B92.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 0
Here’s my point of view. Technology in toys have greatly advanced from the past couple years and it makes people more spoiled and basically want more everytime. At this point companies like inart is replicating insane details that hot toys doesn’t really focus on. They have the technology to 3D print the right things and have talented artists working together to create something so innovative. One example is that if they can pay attention to details such as this, why are aspects like the shoulder pads drastically different from the references? They can easily make these technical changes if they wanted to.

Everyone’s eyes are different, but it helps to see new perspectives so when companies like JND bring their own 1:6, they might do something right/wrong compared to their competitors. It helps all collectors decide the pros and cons, considering price.

Statues, 1:6, 1:4 will never be 100% on par with real life.. no matter how many mods you put on a figure, but for many people on this forum it’s probably relieving to brainstorm ideas to see how we can improve it ourselves. Not because we’re better but for fun.

Nothing is ever perfect? Perfect is very subjective for everyone, at the end of the day it depends on the person’s expectations.

I will 100% still preorder this masterpiece, but still interesting to see on small things they can work on before the final product.
in this hobby. to some, it might matter but to others, it probably won't. detail really matters, even down to the smallest detail. when looking at quality vs quantity. i always favor even the smallest details. with the price they'll be putting on this figure, but assuming its competitively as well. still $300-600 isn't exactly chump change to most people, but whatever is the best representative media that exists for said character, i will line up for if i truly love the character.

personally i think the joker turned out good on a mass produced scale, at least for initial pictures. it of course won't compare to gettin git professionally painted and haired. i still see minor inaccuracies with his hair, but it is still very impressive what they can put out for this price range. anything under $1000 when comparing to customs is really reasonable for what they're charging people.

many artists have proven that there is still more that can be done and that hot toys is playing a very safe and stagnant game. magnetic bases have been a thing. granted i can only really recall kaustic plastik being the big one who's implemented magnetic bases, but i heard some figures had really bad ankles. im just very curious how inart can improve from that without making the whole leg a solid piece.

but due to the nature of how much these things costs. these simply aren't toys. no kid or an adult would label $400 figures as simply a toy. but they can be in someone's eyes, they bought it. details are very appreciated and important even at smaller scales like these, actually more impressive i would say at smaller scales if they are able to capture even the smallest bit of detail. people should be aware of inaccuracies if these companies are attempting to replicate characters from movies into figures at such a high price

Back