InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sddefault.jpg

I’ve got one detolf now. With one figure per shelf. That’s it.
I have two Detolfs for 1/6 movie figures with 2-3 characters per shelf e.g. Star Wars is Luke and Vader, while MCU is Cap, Thor and Iron Man from EG. I used to have more, but I scaled down. I will eventually have better shelves than Refolds, so I'll reassess then.

I aim for 2 figures a shelf. It's nice when I can pair each character with another that goes well with one another. Fills out a detolf shelf well enough without it looking cluttered. Anything above 2 and you start to have it look like a cluster **** when displaying them. Batman with Joker. Spider-Man with Green Goblin. Neo and Trinity. Marty McFly and Doc Brown. Captain America and Iron Man etc etc

Pairs have worked well for me and is usually how I try to plan stuff when I see a figure I want.

Your avatar looks sneaky, and your start date is 2008. I just can't believe you have 1 detolf and a total of 4 figures on display.

I only really got into ‘the game’ for high quality iconic pieces (never into the HT madness) and I’ve honestly sold as I’ve gone on.

Got a few key pieces in the works currently but yeh, will basically be 4 figures; one on each shelf (and my scout trooper on speeder on top) and a ‘the Batman’ cowl and PKD blaster nearby.

Got a few key pieces in the works currently but yeh, will basically be 4 figures; one on each shelf (and my scout trooper on speeder on top) and a ‘the Batman’ cowl and PKD blaster nearby.
...and that's all. Four pieces, the speeder, and the cowl, and that's it. And InArt Joker. But that's all...

Yet.

I'm envious of a 4-piece collection. But I still don't believe you, Cap.

I can't even begin to imagine what 4 figures I would keep in 1/6th if I had too. Brutal decision. Fun game.

‘The batman’ by inArt
Bond by Toribox and daiqz
Snape by Toribox and daiqz
John wick by IRIS and donfung

Plus the scout trooper on speeder and also a cheeky Mando I couldn’t resist.

May try and squeeze the bruce Lee custom currently underway if I can.

But that’s it.

Your collection grows as we speak. Mando, and now Bruce.

You had a much larger collection at one time. Now small again, ready to re-build. It is inevitable. I have seen this cycle again and again.

The Batman you don't have yet... but Bond (I assume Craig), Snape and John Wick are a very interesting trio. Are these your favorite IPs or just figures you love? Indy didn't end up making the cut, huh?

This is all soooooo true ! Nothing worse that Justin's "Collection" with so many figured jammed in on top of each other.

Before I got any display shelving I went on a massive google/Youtube/Pinterest search to find the ideal setup for me. Detolfs were out from the get-go as I just didn't like the limitations they have. I just really liked the idea of having figures lined up horizontally with room to breath.

Like most of us I didn't want to spend too much on displays as that money could be spent on figures, right ! But in the end a good display really makes these $250+ figures shine !!

I finally even calculated what shelving gives the best display per area at the lowest cost. I ended up designing my own and making it myself out of wood.

My initial inspiration were these collections (something I may copy later down the line when hopefully I build another house with all this planned in to a movie room

View attachment 593139

So mine ended up like this. I also have a Star Wars display on the opposite side which is getting a bit more "busy". So need to think about what I need to do there.

View attachment 593140
Looks great. Moducase shelves?

Your collection grows as we speak. Mando, and now Bruce.

You had a much larger collection at one time. Now small again, ready to re-build. It is inevitable. I have seen this cycle again and again.

The Batman you don't have yet... but Bond (I assume Craig), Snape and John Wick are a very interesting trio. Are these your favorite IPs or just figures you love? Indy didn't end up making the cut, huh?

Well you’re not wrong; I am addicted. And yes I indeed had a much larger collection years back.

I had the gesus indy on order but I had to draw the line. No matter how ‘worth it’ it was, it was just too damned much to spend on a collectible.

So I’m trying to keep it to a few key pieces. You’re right also; Batman, Snape and bond (correct on Craig) are grail properties/pieces. Wick is more of a guilty pleasure. 😉👍🏻

I've got one of those horrible marvel legends style displays. looks awful, but I don't have space for a dope display like some of the ones pictured here.

planning on storing some figures soon. Just hard to choose which ones I need a break from without running into an older figure that hasn't seen the light of day in a while. I pay too much money for these things to just be sitting around in a box in a closet.

I've started doing rotation -- makes the shelves look nice, favor what I see, put a bunch in the closet and in 6 months time, rotate some new and old ones in. So far, I really like how its worked out. I'm due for my 6 month change this month in time for Scout Speeder.

I think I'd prefer to see some of my figures only 6 months of the time than to never really see them because they are buried behind 4 other figures.

Having some figures out of sight also helps you realize how little you really looked at them anyway. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

For example, I put my entire Terminator collection in the closet. Seemed dated and took up an entire shelf. Now, I sort of miss them and look forward to bringing them back out. I have 2 shelves of LOTR figures that I am quite ready to put away for 6 months... perhaps bring them back if I get the InArt Gandalf. New figures can reinvigorate old lines/interests.

My only problem now comes from movies that have a large amount of Key Heroes -- ANH and GOTG in particular. I really want Luke, Leia, Ben, Han, Chewie and the droids on one shelf but 7 figures on one detolf shelf is tricky to make work. Even 5 for GOTG is also no easy task.

An idea I've wanted to try is to have a one-figure collection -- which is to say display only one at a time and rotate others in from time to time. I've had just one figure, but haven't done the rotation thing.

Maybe have figures for specific seasons or holidays ... Batman works easily for Fall or Winter and of course Hallowe'en ... Hoth-themed figures for winter and/or Xmas. I want to say bright colours for Spring and Summer .. Iron Man, Spidey, maybe GoD Bruce Lee ...

Back