InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering this is what my wife sees first when she wakes up she really likes the prospect of more 1/6 Batman figures on the market for me to choose from lol

CA5FDF31-DDC2-4F02-A881-0E1B6786C549.jpeg

Last edited:
Another thing about accuracy people don't seem to realize, isn't Hot Toys given reference material from early on in a film's production? Concept art, CGI renders etc. When it comes to CGI characters, they can be tweaked by the studio all the way up until release. The ref material Hot Toys or other companies receive might not match what makes it to the final movie.

Another thing about accuracy people don't seem to realize, isn't Hot Toys given reference material from early on in a film's production? Concept art, CGI renders etc. When it comes to CGI characters, they can be tweaked by the studio all the way up until release. The ref material Hot Toys or other companies receive might not match what makes it to the final movie.

That seems more of a Disney thing especially with Iron Man.

in this hobby. to some, it might matter but to others, it probably won't. detail really matters, even down to the smallest detail. when looking at quality vs quantity. i always favor even the smallest details. with the price they'll be putting on this figure, but assuming its competitively as well. still $300-600 isn't exactly chump change to most people, but whatever is the best representative media that exists for said character, i will line up for if i truly love the character.

personally i think the joker turned out good on a mass produced scale, at least for initial pictures. it of course won't compare to gettin git professionally painted and haired. i still see minor inaccuracies with his hair, but it is still very impressive what they can put out for this price range. anything under $1000 when comparing to customs is really reasonable for what they're charging people.

many artists have proven that there is still more that can be done and that hot toys is playing a very safe and stagnant game. magnetic bases have been a thing. granted i can only really recall kaustic plastik being the big one who's implemented magnetic bases, but i heard some figures had really bad ankles. im just very curious how inart can improve from that without making the whole leg a solid piece.

but due to the nature of how much these things costs. these simply aren't toys. no kid or an adult would label $400 figures as simply a toy. but they can be in someone's eyes, they bought it. details are very appreciated and important even at smaller scales like these, actually more impressive i would say at smaller scales if they are able to capture even the smallest bit of detail. people should be aware of inaccuracies if these companies are attempting to replicate characters from movies into figures at such a high price
If you care so much about little details, please Capitalize the first letter of each sentence and words like I.

For me, it comes down to how much I care about the character. There are some characters (like say Iron Man) where I'm glad I don't know the arguably minute details and just enjoy them for what they are and think they look great on the shelf as is. Then there are other characters like say Superman where none of the HT figures have been good enough for me so I eventually sold them all. Then there are characters like Indiana Jones where the only thing left from the HT figure are the box, boots and some accessories and everything else is custom.

For this version of Batman, it will come down to price and accessories on if I go for HT or this one. I still think the HT figure with the latest additions/updates is a really great value. The kid inside me loves accessories even if some stay in the box, I just like having them. So when something lacks accessories (like the Robin from Batman Forever figure for instance), it really bums me out and can affect if I actually purchase or not.

The hypocrisy of OCD never gets old.

People can moan about the cut in a screwhead being twisted the wrong way in 1/6th but then they display their collection as a cluttered pile that looks more like an 8-year-old's room than a display of $250+ "movie masterpieces".
This made me laugh b/c I've seen it on Instagram especially with a lot of these $1000+ customs. Lots of those collectors that I've seen spend all their money on the custom that they can't even invest in proper displays. I've seen so many custom collections where their figures are just cluttered and packed together that I'm not sure I'd even call it a display, just rows of different (or even the same character) in a suit. I saw one collection with a row of TDK Jokers that were all the same from the neck down, just different headsculpt paint apps and eye positions all while stuffed together shoulder to shoulder on a single shelf. Everyone obviously can spend their money how they see fit, but when I see displays like that, I wonder how it's even enjoyable at that point. You can't even see the figures behind the first row b/c they're so packed together.

You have witnessed OCD at work. The "Collecting" is the disease. Once you have a piece, it not longer satisfies that "Collecting" urge. You need a new chase item.

There's a reason marketing calls them "chase" items. There's a reason marketing is all about "collect them all"!
Yup just take one good look at Justin’s collection and all the others like him on youtube who literally own almost everything and instead of the collection being impressive it’s just one gigantic eyesore.

I know they have a business of being huge collectors but I guess they have never heard the valuable lesson of less is more.

Their 1/6 collection looks no different than someone with a clutter of thousands of Marvel Legends and Black Series.

Just their Spiderman shelves are dozens of that character and Miles Morales 25 different ugly videogame costumes.

Believe me I fell into that trap and I lost a ton of money coming out of it but i’m all the better for it.

My wife agrees lol

Last edited:
I love going through youtube and looking at people's collection, and the ones I appreciate are the ones that have a classy display.
I agree with the sentiment, there are times where less is more.
Now there are some that have huge mansion, and so they do have the capacity to display many many pieces.

But if you dont have the space, it doesnt do justice to your figures to pack so much in one shelf. It does look more like a bunch of action figures packed when theyre all stacked next to each other.

Displayed properly, these pieces can look like a piece of art.

As someone still in the planning stages (haven't gathered enough of any theme to truly get to work), I do check YouTube to see how other collections are set up, and the cluttering is definitely a problem. You see the Ghostbusters next to Indiana Jones and a 3rd party Cloud Strife or something. I get that sometimes you have extra room in your case, or that certain figures don't mesh well with anything else, but you need to be more selective. The more popular all these properties get, the more Hasbro-lite this hobby is getting. Hell, at least the Hasbro figures give you the original comic designs, not things like Clown Kang...

Personally I think one needs to plan beforehand what they want out of this scale. These are rather big figures, they take up space, and can't just be bought and displayed on a whim. There'll always be an outlier or two, something utterly unexpected, a new property, something that catches your eye, but as long as you're collecting based on certain themes and IPs, you're safe. You'll always have somewhere to stick that extra figure.

For my money, each figure has to tell a story, and each display has to make some thematic sense. If you fail that by stuffing cases full of figures, then you're disrespecting your "grails" and everything inbetween. It all stops having any meaning.

As for the "perfect figure", it depends on the character for me. I mostly wait for the costumes I like the most, but I can make due if it's a character I know won't get any more appearances, and thus merch, soon, and I really like them. But beyond that there are a few characters where I'd pay the InArt prices for the ultra-detailed version. I'll be fine with an HT Wanda to stick next to my Strange, when she returns. One figure, and that's it. But if InArt or JND or whatever, gets the Marvel licence 6 years later, I will upgrade Strange, amongst some others, for rooted hair, tighter fitted clothes, etc. It all has to do with the character for me.

Last edited:
I just can’t fathom stuffing a $350 collectible in the corner of a shelf behind 8 other $350 collectibles that are blocking it from view.

You createed a scenario where even dusting will take a massive effort that no one will ever repeat twice to do it correctly.

I just can’t fathom stuffing a $350 collectible in the corner of a shelf behind 8 other $350 collectibles that are blocking it from view.

You createed a scenario where even dusting will take a massive effort that no one will ever repeat twice to do it correctly.
I just put mine in front of the TV where they slightly obscure the view

It's the completionism. Especially when you're into lots of different properties, you need one from here, another from there, then you go beyond the main characters (protagonists & antagonists) and into the supporting casts, you follow it up with some "window dressing" and before you know it you've lost the plot. I think the problem is that people PO without having a set plan for displaying and they end with a lot of left-field things. Or they want to represent everything instead of picking and choosing, and it ends up getting way out of hand.

For my money, you need to decide what kind of collection you want. Are you obsessed with single licence like Star Wars? Then sure, go ahead and buy various troopers to flank your Vaders in all your displays if that's your thing. Are you into two or three licences with some outliers? Go ahead and build your displays, and keep the extra ones in their own lanes. Are you all over the place? Then stick to a one-figure-per-character practise and try to plan ahead. I'm the latter, so I have to put thought into it. I'm not a huge Trekfan, but I want a Kirk and a Spock. Now, where do I put them? I have some Doctors from DW, so they can easily go there. Now, which look? TOS is memorable, but I prefer the TWOK looks. And I'm done. I've represented ST, decided which looks are the best for me, and found a place for them. All I need is that certain case and I'm done. Well, you know, when those TWOK figures get put up for PO and arrive and everything. You get my poiny...

In the end, some don't do that and hoard and hoard until they end up with rows upon rows of barely related figures stuck behind dusty glasses. Which for me defeats the whole point of the scale. It's tough letting go something you "want" but in most cases you'll find that you've forgotten all about it a few days later and by the time it's come out it doesn't even register. Quality must always come before quantity, and a nice, curated display is all we'll have to show in the end.

This is all soooooo true ! Nothing worse that Justin's "Collection" with so many figured jammed in on top of each other.

Before I got any display shelving I went on a massive google/Youtube/Pinterest search to find the ideal setup for me. Detolfs were out from the get-go as I just didn't like the limitations they have. I just really liked the idea of having figures lined up horizontally with room to breath.

Like most of us I didn't want to spend too much on displays as that money could be spent on figures, right ! But in the end a good display really makes these $250+ figures shine !!

I finally even calculated what shelving gives the best display per area at the lowest cost. I ended up designing my own and making it myself out of wood.

My initial inspiration were these collections (something I may copy later down the line when hopefully I build another house with all this planned in to a movie room),

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

So mine ended up like this. I also have a Star Wars display on the opposite side which is getting a bit more "busy". So need to think about what I need to do there.

IMG_4383.JPG

This is all soooooo true ! Nothing worse that Justin's "Collection" with so many figured jammed in on top of each other.

Before I got any display shelving I went on a massive google/Youtube/Pinterest search to find the ideal setup for me. Detolfs were out from the get-go as I just didn't like the limitations they have. I just really liked the idea of having figures lined up horizontally with room to breath.

Like most of us I didn't want to spend too much on displays as that money could be spent on figures, right ! But in the end a good display really makes these $250+ figures shine !!

I finally even calculated what shelving gives the best display per area at the lowest cost. I ended up designing my own and making it myself out of wood.

My initial inspiration were these collections (something I may copy later down the line when hopefully I build another house with all this planned in to a movie room),

View attachment 593138

View attachment 593139

So mine ended up like this. I also have a Star Wars display on the opposite side which is getting a bit more "busy". So need to think about what I need to do there.

View attachment 593140
That's exactly what I mean. That first picture has about 100 figures for sure, but they're broken down in themes and there's space between each and every one, which makes the entire display really work and come off not as a cluttered mess, but as a mini museum. He's got the DC section, the Marvel section, Star Wars, general Sci-Fi, a place for the vehicles; it all works. That's how a collection should be set up. Personally I think it helps to have a blueprint, to plan for figures that might come out based on which IPs are getting new movies or general traction and new merch. I've been into lots of things over the years and even though I don't want to represent everything, it helps me to have two or more possible places to put a Dracula, even if such a figure might be ways off still. But it depends on your style, so different strokes for different folks.

BTW, great display!

View attachment 593138

View attachment 593139

View attachment 593140

Absolutely incredible displays friend - i'm pretty sure MOST peoples collections look pretty cheap and messy when compared to your set-up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back