InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s no coincidence that one company has “toys” in it’s name, while the other has “art” in it’s name. It’s a fundamental difference that should clue us in as to the approach and culture of the respective companies. When you realize that, it isn’t surprising that inart takes the time to get their lighting more life like. It also explains their attention to finish and accuracy.

In my case, I’m looking for “mini-people” for my collection, rather than toys, so I prefer what I see with inart. As to paying a “premium” for inart, I don’t believe any of us can elaborate on exactly how much that is right now since there is no pricing for this figure currently.
I agree with you but to be fair to Hot Toys, even if I do not like them much these days, they started their business decades ago when this sort of quality and art was not achievable and at this point they probably are stuck with their brand Hot Toys no matter how silly it sounds.

Understood.

My point was that InArt appears to be art driven. That is, they appear to aspire to deliver a level of craftsmanship and detail with the primary goal of being as life-like as possible. Even though HT may have started off that way, and arguably sort of saddled themselves with the "toys" moniker, HT appears to be more of a commodity-driven entity today. That is, they primarily engage in all of the practices that are more driven towards protecting themselves and their marketshare, rather than "delivering art". That's not to say that one day the same fate won't befall InArt, but they're not there yet.

If I was to do a bit of "fortune telling" now, I would expect, for instance, that an InArt Bale Bruce Wayne will run circles around the rather toyish DX19 Bruce Wayne sculpt that HT released. At least I hope so ;)

Chest plate shape and finish
Sculpt leather grain
Traps
Collar positioning on neck
Body proportions

Basically looks like a man in a suit as opposed to the HT, which whilst still great, looks like a very expensive and good quality toy.

Lighting plays a big part of it but I'm a big fan of INART's proportions on the figure just off of the teaser photo alone. It just looks right. It looks and feels like an actual person in a 1/1 suit. Hot Toys finish on the material for various parts also look a bit too shiny, giving it a more plastic feel. That in turn results in it feeling more "cheap" and toyish. INART's material finishes better matches what the actual suit looks like. The head, the chest plate, it all matches how the actual suit reacts to light, causing it look more realistic. Also just look how how accurately INART does the cape. Matches to the movie's version almost to the tee.

Another big thing that sticks out is proportions. I've said it from the start but there is just something off with how lanky Hot Toys version is. The proportions just doesn't look right and makes the whole figure look a little too narrow and off.

It is of course way too early to tell overall. Will just have to wait for the official announcement photos but proportion and overall material accuracy so far is what sticks out to me.

283244903_10158619328347344_3934051868623191683_n.jpg

297083534_2149094118601590_9036038035278483129_n.jpg

220303112705-02-batsuit-legacy-robert-pattinston-2022.jpg

Thanks guys - this is what I mean - when people explain their observations to me I have an easier time noticing these sort of differences, which I can see now and will absorb into my own consideration.
Much appreciated.

Isn't that really the sweet spot for InArt - perfectionists? Based just on the joker preorders, I would assume there would be more than one percent of us.

There are zero production items made by inart out there. Joker sells and there was no other option for it other than the outdated HT one that looks horrible and costs just as much as the inart on the secondary market. It was also made 100 years ago. I just find these comparisons a bit overly exaggerated.

Throwing the word "Perfectionist" while people display their figures looking like a swapmeet is also a bit funny to me.

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. But these are prototypes from a new company. Of course, they will go all out. Yes, I too want them to succeed but based on what Queen has done with their statues, I'm simply managing my expectations.

400832-297083534-2149094118601590-9036038035278483129-n2.jpg

MASSIVELY better! Thank you so much - I feel like I can actually see the figure now!
and yes - NOW I can see the difference! To be fair I don't think the difference is quite as stark as between the different Pennywises, but yes now I can see it properly this is really really impressive and does indeed give that "guy in a suit" vibe as opposed to a toy.
If you told me this pic was a promotional image of Pattinson for the movie I would probably believe you.
Thanks for adjusting the lighting on the image @Knedlo

There are zero production items made by inart out there. Joker sells and there was no other option for it other than the outdated HT one that looks horrible and costs just as much as the inart on the secondary market. It was also made 100 years ago. I just find these comparisons a bit overly exaggerated.

Throwing the word "Perfectionist" while people display their figures looking like a swapmeet is also a bit funny to me.

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. But these are prototypes from a new company. Of course, they will go all out. Yes, I too want them to succeed but based on what Queen has done with their statues, I'm simply managing my expectations.

Your words, not mine. They're only 20 minutes old.

I'm sure glad I'm not much of a "perfectionist" as some of the one percenters here.

They are dolls at the end of the day guys. Relax.

I must have missed the posting in this thread where someone displayed their swapmeet figures.

I like to think of myself as a pragmatic collector rather than a perfectionist - if I can currently afford the better (and usually far more expensive) offering on a character I particularly love then I might indulge myself - when I do this I may well find myself being picky over small details and striving for something as close to "perfect" as possible.

For example in wealthier days that seem like a million years ago I joined in on a custom run of Candyman and Jerry Dandridge from the original Fright Night - both cost an obscene amount, so much that it would be a bloody pipedream to consider them now, but both are the genuine work of perfectionists - absolutely flawless, works of art really.

But this by no means dictates my collection, I have many characters and figures that I adore that are made by companies whose work can be pretty shoddy at times such as Star Ace, Redman, Sideshow, Neca etc that I am more than happy to showcase in my collection next to some of Hot Toys best work because I love them so.
Its all about what you are willing to accept, the cost, wait-time, love of the character/franchise and final accuracy and quality of the figure are all factors we consider whenever we make a purchase like this. For some the Hot Toys figure will be the best value for money, for others the sheer accuracy of the Inart figure will win out, for others they may feel there are other better options out there. Which factors influence peoples decisions are different for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that.

Speaking for myself - I need to see more to make a final decision, I preordered the Hot Toys as I think its a fantastic package for the price and the head sculpt - especially the updated one - is really really good. BUT I love the Pattinson version of Batman, he may in fact be my favourite version of the character to date and The Batman is tied with the Dark Knight for my favourite Comic book film in general - so if I find the money I may well wish to prioritize the Inart version if its the closer to perfect offering on the character (again depending on the complete package - I put a lot of stock in dioramas and accessories).

I've been pretty (un)fortunate in that all the characters Inart have shown prototypes for so far are some of my favourite characters in fiction....
Really looking forward to them doing some characters I don't care for! :ROFLMAO:

Understood.

My point was that InArt appears to be art driven. That is, they appear to aspire to deliver a level of craftsmanship and detail with the primary goal of being as life-like as possible. Even though HT may have started off that way, and arguably sort of saddled themselves with the "toys" moniker, HT appears to be more of a commodity-driven entity today. That is, they primarily engage in all of the practices that are more driven towards protecting themselves and their marketshare, rather than "delivering art". That's not to say that one day the same fate won't befall InArt, but they're not there yet.

If I was to do a bit of "fortune telling" now, I would expect, for instance, that an InArt Bale Bruce Wayne will run circles around the rather toyish DX19 Bruce Wayne sculpt that HT released. At least I hope so ;)
I definitely agree with this. Adding to this, let's not forget about JND. Maybe they'll make InArt look like "Hot Toys" once they begin to reveal their 1/6 prototypes. Only time will tell. At the end of the day we'll have great options which is a win-win for collectors in my book.

Think it looks pretty darn good. Except the chest plate, sticks out like a saw thumb along with the bat symbol, they both look incredibly like they're made from plastic, not sure if it's the finish, the texture or a combination of things but it doesn't look to the same standard as the rest of the piece. Interested to see more.

Think it looks pretty darn good. Except the chest plate, sticks out like a saw thumb along with the bat symbol, they both look incredibly like they're made from plastic, not sure if it's the finish, the texture or a combination of things but it doesn't look to the same standard as the rest of the piece. Interested to see more.
The bat symbol is diecast. Metal. Not plastic. 100% up to the same standard as everything else

The bat symbol is diecast. Metal. Not plastic. 100% up to the same standard as everything else

Are the grappling gun darts(?) on his forearm also made of metal?

What about those pouches on his belt? Will that be leather (or typical pleather material like Hot Toys)?

I'm very excited to see the Bruce figure in full. Watched the film again last week. He's amazing.

Looking forward to seeing Bruce - I passed on the JND 1:3 statue and the unlicensed 1:6 figures as well.

I need to re-watch the movie - I was somewhat lukewarm about it the first time but these figures looks cool enough for me to invest and I like the Batman/Bruce character no matter who portrays him (even Clooney to an extent :lol ).

It might of had something to do with streaming Batman on HBO MAX versus watching it with an enthusiastic crowd in a packed theater - I really enjoyed seeing Top Gun Maverick in the theater but I wonder if my feelings would of been different had I streamed on Paramount Plus.

The one issue investing in the line so early in the franchise, is you never know how you'll end up feeling about it at the end (i.e. Game of Thrones) and there are going to multiple iterations of the same character with new suits/outfits, with the accompanying figure we'll have to buy.

Didn't know that, are the other supposed to be metal parts die-cast also?

On viewing the picture more I think one reason it sticks out is because the lighting is really hitting it the most, probably giving it a blanket lighting effect making it look flat and dull. Very interested to see more pics, though!

Back