InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the average person will be able to tell much of a difference.

Though I think I prefer HT's slightly more due to how weird the lips look on the Inart.

patty.jpg

Yeah I'm really impressed by the updated Hot Toys offering, you can tell that the Inart announcement has them worried...
Overall now the Hot Toys package is very very good, basically an old DX style release and is fully loaded accessory wise - Inart are going to have to pull something from the bag when they do a full reveal to retake the lead in my opinion.

Hot Toys really brought their A game when InArt announced theirs.

Something they only do rarely.

You always hear how competition benefits the consumer, but you don't actually see that play out too often.

This situation, though... we benefit. Since we know they're not going to lower prices, getting quality improvements because the competitors spooked each other is the next best thing.

Yeah I'm really impressed by the updated Hot Toys offering, you can tell that the Inart announcement has them worried...
Overall now the Hot Toys package is very very good, basically an old DX style release and is fully loaded accessory wise - Inart are going to have to pull something from the bag when they do a full reveal to retake the lead in my opinion.
I think the biggest thing InArt can do right now is focus on the detail. That’s where I feel like HT’s is lacking. In terms of the suit and cowl, it’s a great figure, but it’s very much a *figure*. Hot Toys has pretty much handed them the template for accessories on a silver platter and, barring an adrenaline shot or a baseball bat, I don’t know how much they could actually improve on that front.

So, with that in mind, I really, really feel like it’s going to have to be all about the figures. Batman, Bruce Wayne; just jaw-dropping “I thought that was a production photo” detail. At any rate, I’m very excited to see where all this goes.

I will be looking hard at this figure's reveal, as their Pennywise really upped the 1/6 game in terms of detail.

I would not be opposed to getting 2 figures, a Bruce and a Bats. I would splurge for the rooted hair too

I will be looking hard at this figure's reveal, as their Pennywise really upped the 1/6 game in terms of detail.

I would not be opposed to getting 2 figures, a Bruce and a Bats. I would splurge for the rooted hair too
I don't think they'll be doing rooted hair for Battinson. The head they previewed was sculpted. In that one interview they did when the Joker went up for PO, they said it'd depend on the figure. Long haired characters like Gandalf and Paul would be rooted, for example. Battinson's on the verge with his length, but I think that'd look better sculpted anyhow since the strands would need a lot of constant futzing to look properly "dynamic". I don't imagine a Bale Wayne needing rooted hair either.

I don't think they'll be doing rooted hair for Battinson. The head they previewed was sculpted. In that one interview they did when the Joker went up for PO, they said it'd depend on the figure. Long haired characters like Gandalf and Paul would be rooted, for example. Battinson's on the verge with his length, but I think that'd look better sculpted anyhow since the strands would need a lot of constant futzing to look properly "dynamic". I don't imagine a Bale Wayne needing rooted hair either.
I would accept partially rooted for Battinson. Wayne head with the styling? Nah. I wouldn’t want it. But MCR emo core Bruce with his Batcowl sweat head? I think it’d be dope.

I would accept partially rooted for Battinson. Wayne head with the styling? Nah. I wouldn’t want it. But MCR emo core Bruce with his Batcowl sweat head? I think it’d be dope.
I'm not sure. I think the strands falling all over his face could be too hard to pull off properly with rooted hair, and might end up looking off. I can see the argument for it, but I'd need to see it first. Regardless, I'm excited to see what they cook up in general.

I'm not sure. I think the strands falling all over his face could be too hard to pull off properly with rooted hair, and might end up looking off. I can see the argument for it, but I'd need to see it first. Regardless, I'm excited to see what they cook up in general.
I think that’s part of my argument. It could look like **** and that would be accurate.:lol

I think that’s part of my argument. It could look like **** and that would be accurate.:lol
From a certain point of view, that is true. But I worry that with such thin strands it could end up fuzzing up and looking off, not messy. We'll see how they get Ledger's curls. I went with the sculpted, but I am curious to see how they'll handle him. My first rooted will be their Paul, probably.

Back