InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in that guy's review of all the InArt offerings at the Vegas show. Not sure of his name. He had a mess of figures behind him, including an HT speeder bike I think mixed up with Thanos.

My main concern is that the prototype sculpt that we’ve been seeing at the Thailand shows-
5F55E9F9-15B4-4094-B7FD-274B8461856A.jpeg

Appears to have ‘developed’ into what we were shown in Vegas and by Justin
0A978AE3-D300-4BD3-B45E-029FF22D9962.jpeg

BF1EE95D-7BEC-4CC2-974A-7141F492EB25.jpeg

That’s a hefty downgrade in painted details and all around likeness. They smoothened out the leather texture of the cowl but it looks to have cost more than it was worth.
Is that really the same sculpt?

I think the paint apps were rushed for the event that's why it looks wierd like the mouth. I really want the final product to have stuble like the one in Thailand as well. Main difference they changed is the whole mouth plate I believe. (hopefully texture but we wont know from the poor quality) Once we get hd photos of the revised more final one I'm sure it would look good. I don't think its a downgrade.

D40E2A7C-0007-4B79-A98E-86FF10516819.jpeg

Last edited:
My main concern is that the prototype sculpt that we’ve been seeing at the Thailand shows-
View attachment 606094
View attachment 606095
View attachment 606096

That’s a hefty downgrade in painted details and all around likeness. They smoothened out the leather texture of the cowl but it looks to have cost more than it was worth.
This is all 100% camera and lighting shortcomings.

This kind of logic would be like saying there’s two different bat suits and Robert Pattinsons because of these two photos:
239765E9-D640-4B44-A1B9-6C269B8DADF7.jpeg
705736F8-F415-4B8B-BDC9-6C4881FDBFDA.jpeg

View attachment 606094
View attachment 606095
View attachment 606096

It is the exact same figure moved from one place to another. You people are out of your minds. Are we going to do this every time a new photo of the same figure under different lighting conditions is posted?

I know it's been talked about before but the only real problem I could point out at all with this figure is that I'm really starting to hate the look of the cape (on these event displays at least). Hopefully they developed a friendly system that we could swap it out for a custom one without sacrificing anything on the figure

Ok so there are two schools of thought now:

- IA did smooth out the strong leathery texture of the cowl and conceal the nose more with a newly made jaw sculpt that just wasn’t painted up to scratch.
This was used in Begas and then they reverted back to prototype for Thailand
Or
- It’s the exact same figure at all events but lighting and angles warped it into something else entirely at Vegas.

Which is it?

Differences have already been highlighted with the sticky bomb holster between proto and show piece so is it really so preposterous to believe they did take feedback about the cowl and nose?

At the very least, the sculpt at Vegas was lacking in the paint department. There was no visible stubble from any angle or under any lighting conditions.

We still don’t know how InArt will handle production paint on a face that isn’t a clown in white makeup so I hope they use the best in the business for that.

Speculating over a preproduction product is a fool's errand. Its like the people speculating on the next Nvidia graphics card. Better off waiting for the actual release with proper marketing materials and go from there.

There really isnt anything new for Batman.

In that case, Justin really needs to be fired for turning this
View attachment 606287
Into this
View attachment 606288
They quite literally look the same :lol Harsher lighting, higher res photo on the top is making you see things you don't see in the low res, washed out Justin photo being used on the bottom.

They're the same figure. Save the complaints for when the figure actually gets downgraded once it hits production. Rinse and repeat these complaints for that like the Joker thread has.

bGb4joR.png

Save the complaints for when the figure actually gets downgraded once it hits production.

bGb4joR.png
Ah but by then it’s too late. Better to hash it out beforehand to ensure we don’t get lumped with any downgrades.
I’m happy to be proven wrong here which it appears I am.

It just alarmed me how elongated his face and how rounded his chin appears in the pic on the left.
That’s definitely what I don’t want to end up with.
If that’s camera trickery then excellent. The Batman is still on track to be the greatest detective 1/6 figure.

IA really is messing with us we don't know if they swapped prototypes or not LMAO.

The jawline is completely different, not from the quality but from the sculpt itself no way that's the same figure. I thought the eyes were different at first but Justin's figure is looking straight so it looks a bit different.

Photo manipulation is very important to consider why they look different, but I'm still convinced they're not the same figure in all events. Vegas one looks different by the jaw shape still even with an unfinished paintjob.

Maybe the the middle and left are the same but the rightmost cannot be the same figure..

A29C5C5F-0DE3-4000-AD3A-F64A1F5BE84A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back