InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly- far more expensive better result in far better results

Agreed 100% thank you. ^

Similar thoughts hot toys has such a strong sculpt already. They really have to work on their sculpts based on their higher price point if they really want to prove themselves. It's tremendous pressure for them tbh. I hope they can pull it off.
Exactly- far more expensive better result in far better results
Hot Toys The Batman is $300USD + tax + shipping = $345USD. InArt comparable The Batman (sculpted version) =$365USD shipped. That is not far more expensive. Yes the rooted version is more expensive but that's not comparing apples to apples.

The Batman outfit looks fantastic. The cowled headsculpt looks good, but not as good as HT. The updated unmasked sculpt looks shockingly bad.

I would be surprised if that's what gets produced, considering they seem to have done right by Joker, but it is a new company, so... You never know. When you gamble on an unknown, sometimes you lose.

The Batman outfit looks fantastic. The cowled headsculpt looks good, but not as good as HT. The updated unmasked sculpt looks shockingly bad.

I would be surprised if that's what gets produced, considering they seem to have done right by Joker, but it is a new company, so... You never know. When you gamble on an unknown, sometimes you lose.
The IA cowl sculpt looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than the hot toys sculpt.

4K Footage from the event

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093733.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093742.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093800.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093819.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093831.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093848.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-18 093902.png

I’m excited to see the final product. I watched Riley’s video showcase and he seemed to indicate they said they could still do a lot better with the Wayne heads, but yeah, they absolutely nailed Batman. Looks like they significantly toned down the texture on the cowl to better fit the scale and the whole thing just looks incredible.

I think that Bruce's mouth is too low, I moved it little bit up and I 'd say it is better, eyebrow is a bit lenghtened, what do you think? Original on the left, edited on the right
Oh wow, yeah someone should send them this. That is a DEAD ON edit.

Batman looks near perfect! Both sculpted and rooted unmasked heads look good to.
That’s what I’m saying they both look much better. They added weathering to the cowl too that’s awesome. Bruce Wayne will for sure he tweaked before final product so honestly there’s nothing to worry about. Well.. except just mass production paint quality.

I think it’s fair to say that the greatest misstep InArt made with this event was not filming the pieces themselves before opening the doors to the unwashed, live-streaming masses and allowing 99% of the content shared to be blurry, washed out, unfocused potato-cam footage.

I can’t believe I’m looking at the same sculpts that were shown in the streams. Bruce and Gandalf appeared like Marvel Legends with root jobs!

Anyways, how the shift in lighting affects the Bruce sculpt is interesting to observe.
7168895C-719C-416E-A5B5-239A4A2379E1.jpeg

The eyes are the problem. I can't exactly describe it but the sockets are too small and too sunken in?

Tbh I’m one who liked the prototype sculpt a lot more and didn’t complain at all about it (not to invalidate those who had legitimate complaints), but this one isn’t terrible.
Honestly, the eyes look weird and I wish they kept his mouth shorter, but at the same time, with that lighting shift chart, if I cover the left eye (his right eye) with my thumb, the likeness is bang on. Maybe it has something to do with the shadow casted by that sculpted hair which makes the top half of his face look entirely asymmetrical… Of course that, and the fact his expression looks like someone just kicked over his sand castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back