InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something....Mezco-esque about the sculpts and/or paint in some photos. Look at the gritted teeth in the cowel. That paint on the teeth/gum definition looks like 1/12 at best. I'm surprised they're not using inset teeth like most manufacturers, that's clearly a painted one-piece. I want a close up on that, the tooth anatomy looks fairly accurate to Pattinson on his uppers. Mandibular looks more generic, Pattinson has some distinct crowding. They did get his unique gritted bite though that he used through the film. That essence of the plate looks good, but that's the one that needs to be perfected for any action pose.

But, that video DEFINITELY has pushed me closer to going in on the all-in set. What you'll see me say is that if InArt can hit even 80% of their proto, it'll be worth it. A strong target paint goal should be akin to LIMToys' Arthur Morgan. It's incredible for third party, and done outside of HT's factories, which proves others can pull off detail like that. Some may argue it's not as "perfect" as HT's ideal works, but if InArt could deliver LIM-level I can't see them getting backlash in that department.

Dear God!

-Gwen-Stacy-emma-stone-37906811-160-160.gif

They were in desperate need of some competition sand in their face long overdue if you ask me.
Yup. There was a little bit with Enterbay, but now they only do basketball figures, and their quality (at the time?) was spotty. I hope InArt is around for the long haul to keep a fire under Howard’s ass.

There's something....Mezco-esque about the sculpts and/or paint in some photos. Look at the gritted teeth in the cowel. That paint on the teeth/gum definition looks like 1/12 at best. I'm surprised they're not using inset teeth like most manufacturers, that's clearly a painted one-piece. I want a close up on that, the tooth anatomy looks fairly accurate to Pattinson on his uppers. Mandibular looks more generic, Pattinson has some distinct crowding. They did get his unique gritted bite though that he used through the film. That essence of the plate looks good, but that's the one that needs to be perfected for any action pose.

But, that video DEFINITELY has pushed me closer to going in on the all-in set. What you'll see me say is that if InArt can hit even 80% of their proto, it'll be worth it. A strong target paint goal should be akin to LIMToys' Arthur Morgan. It's incredible for third party, and done outside of HT's factories, which proves others can pull off detail like that. Some may argue it's not as "perfect" as HT's ideal works, but if InArt could deliver LIM-level I can't see them getting backlash in that department.
I think this batman figure looks more accurate than anything hot toys has ever released

I think this batman figure looks more accurate than anything hot toys has ever released
That goes for all three prototypes they've shown off. They are clearly targeting the higher end collector- people who nitpick every detail and spend thousands on customs. It's almost unfair to compare the two companies

That goes for all three prototypes they've shown off. They are clearly targeting the higher end collector- people who nitpick every detail and spend thousands on customs. It's almost unfair to compare the two companies

I think it’s completely fair to compare them. A lot of what InArt does, sans maybe the rooted hair, could be replicated by Hot Toys, if they cared.

Hot Toys could develop a more realistic body type, if they cared.

Hot Toys could’ve, and should’ve been knocking Ledger Joker out of the park by now.

Hot Toys could pay more attention to details, and their updates to their Pattinson show it.

Hot Toys is not some small third-party company ran by one dude in his garage - they’re the self-proclaimed head of the industry. I still remember when they told other companies to stay out of 1/6 scale figure producing, as it was “bad practice”. They need to adapt, or accept a new place as the value option.

With people cancelling their HT preorders, it's simple math now to show HT that people demand more for their money now.

This is just the beginning. Imagine where InArt will be after three years of licensing. The competition is great for collectors.

I just wish these wars were also inclusive of other licences and not just comic book stuff, for now.

It's both a fair and also unfair comparison between the two. It will be much fairer once Inart starts to release their figures but just based on prototypes alone, it's quite clear that Inart puts more time and attention to every detail. Hot Toys tends to gloss over various aspects on their figures. There are times where just comparing their figure next to a reference side by side for a minute would expose the areas that they missed. Just shows that they don't care to go for a close to 1/1 match but instead goes by a "good enough' mentality for a lot of things. Odd decision making for certain fabrics, obvious detail or scaling that is off. Hot Toys runs on autopilot mode for certain figures while others get a bit more time and care.

Of course this probably stems from Hot Toys working on 10 figures at once while Inart works on a handful. One company is too busy making a million Marvel/Star-Wars figures to care for every single detail on a figure.

52290707245_73ec535feb_o_d.png

Last edited:
If it counts, I never ordered the Hot Toys figure because I wanted to see how this looked. :lol

In an alternate reality, with no InArt, I would’ve had the Hot Toys figure preordered day 1.

I’m leaning on canceling my HT order. Though I am still a little concerned about the articulation on the InArt figure, seems like the accurate proportions came at the cost of very little movement in the legs.

Might hold off on canceling until InArt’s figure proves itself in production or Hot Toys has the opportunity to do another update. I feel like they’re going to have to, because the differences in quality and accuracy are honestly glaring at this point.

Back