InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also to be clear I’m not trying to be a Hot Toys fanboy. I’m really not. The bulk of my collection is from them but I like other companies too.

Hell EXO-6 is actually the company that excites me the most at the moment, but they’ve also got a very narrow focus and don’t ask premium prices comparatively.

I think I’d be more excited about InArt if I actually saw something impressive in hand and also a big factor- if they’d do something different instead of rehashes.

Probably the figure from them that interests me most is if they do a Phoenix Joker since there hasn’t been an officially licensed sixth scale version.

Also to be clear I’m not trying to be a Hot Toys fanboy. I’m really not. The bulk of my collection is from them but I like other companies too.

Hell EXO-6 is actually the company that excites me the most at the moment, but they’ve also got a very narrow focus and don’t ask premium prices comparatively.

I think I’d be more excited about InArt if I actually saw something impressive in hand and also a big factor- if they’d do something different instead of rehashes.

Probably the figure from them that interests me most is if they do a Phoenix Joker since there hasn’t been an officially licensed sixth scale version.
They ARE indeed doing that one for this/next year

Thats a pity that they felt rushed - I think a lot of collectors would understand and prefer they take the time they need to put their best foot forward.

Last edited:
Thats a pity that they felt rushed - I think a lot of collectors would understand and prefer they take the time they need to put their best foot forward.
I agree. They should have taken the high road and let us stinkers suffer longer. We love it anyway.

They should have shown: Aragorn, Danearys, Paul, Nazgul, Phoenix Joker, Legolas...

Yeah this is a piece that from its very first showing of an unpainted headsculpt immediately became a challenge to Hot Toys own figure in the preorder stage. Any of the figures Wor-Gar listed would have been far easier to garner excitement even if they weren't perfect, whereas this has just led to more questions. It's a weaker showing than any of their others imo and that's disappointing.

Yeah this is a piece that from its very first showing of an unpainted headsculpt immediately became a challenge to Hot Toys own figure in the preorder stage. Any of the figures Wor-Gar listed would have been far easier to garner excitement even if they weren't perfect, whereas this has just led to more questions. It's a weaker showing than any of their others imo and that's disappointing.
Yeah, they really need to stop going for figures of characters already released in my opinion. That’s a big factor as to why I’m not hyped for their stuff. It’s all stuff we’ve seen other companies do, just more expensive with some improvements and their biggest selling point being rooted hair, which to me isn’t as big a deal as it seems to be to others.

If I liked sniffing hair like some famous person I know about, I would go for the rooted hair. Otherwise, I am indifferent and won't pay more for it.

That leaves only Dune Paul of their announcements. And maybe Danearys since the few made so far have been so bad.

InArt could potentially shine with female figures. Tons of room for improvements from HT.

I rather they cancel that Neo figure that hardly anyone is gonna buy, especially over Hot Toys version, which is probably already not popular and just focus on Paul instead. A Stillsuit Paul from them is gonna look incredible with how intricate that costume is.

It's a shame they felt rushed( if true) but even a rushed displayed figure for their preorder promo is still pretty good. When they make improvements, and it actually gets closer to release I think it will be the better option. We just need to wait and see how their first figures go. Also idk why people complain about them using stuff that has already been done, obviously they sell, and are popular. I do want to see characters I like who haven't been done as much. If there is any character I'll buy in a heart beat as a rooted haired premium figure it's Captain Jack Sparrow from the first or second Pirates film.

Last edited:
Crazy that one random person said they heard from someone it was rushed and not articulated and that has become the reality lol. Why are we saying 'I wish they didnt rush it', like we wanted it to look better. That's implying that something needs to improve. The figure looks undistinguishable from a movie still.
1660629272941.png

Yeah, they really need to stop going for figures of characters already released in my opinion. That’s a big factor as to why I’m not hyped for their stuff. It’s all stuff we’ve seen other companies do, just more expensive with some improvements and their biggest selling point being rooted hair, which to me isn’t as big a deal as it seems to be to others.

With all due respect, I find This line of thinking a bit problematic.

Consider this: without InArt getting the license of The Batman, you think HT would’ve gone back and improved their Battinson into a more desirable product? I think we all know the answer to that...and it’s HELL NO.

The only reason why many are even having this debate as to which company has the better figure is all due to the MUCH NEEDED competition.

You say they should avoid already released figures...well, in the context of IA vs HT, what has been released so far? the atrocious DX11 joker that was already in dire need of an update from the first reveal? Battinson? Well that’s still in production. All that’s left is pennywise. I can’t comment much about PW since I don’t own it nor am I a fan...but the overall vibe so far is IA’s ver is the better of the two and fans of the character are excited for it despite already owning HT ver.

As for Gandalf...I own Asmus’ figure...and as much as I adore it, I can acknowledge it didn’t live up to the prototype...which it in of itself wasn’t entirely accurate to Ian McKellen to begin with...so in other words, my collection still doesn’t have a proper joker, a proper Gandalf, and I would like a proper Battinson that was made from passionate people as opposed to people prone to knee jerk reactions.

Im not trying to be confrontational. If it came off that way, my apologies. I’m just putting things into perspective that while you may not be excited with IA’s future slate...there are those that are.

In order for IA to tackle lesser known IPs, they gotta build up their brand first. Get the name out there. And the “necessary evil” is acquiring and producing established IPs.

I think redoing figures that have been previously done by other companies is the only real way of saying “we’re better than the other guys” b/c there’s something to make a direct comparison to as seen happen in the very thread. Sure it might seem boring, but they have to strike with things that are currently the most popular. I would of course love to see other characters eventually, but right now I don’t mind how they’re choosing characters to make. If they made a figure that hasn’t been done yet, then of course they’ll probably be considered the best option for that character b/c they’re the only option. But right now, for example, you can compare InArt Gandalf with the Asmus versions and the old SS and make the case that yea, “we” (InArt) are the best option out there.

When it comes to the BvS Trinity or even Bale Batman, you can bet that InArt will not only be competing with HT, but also the many, many customs that have been made. Pretty sure InArt looks at those and thinks “why can’t we get in on that money that ppl are putting thousands of dollars into for those customs”

For me the biggest mystery remains - why on EARTH do these two look SO different.

View attachment 594636View attachment 594637
Multiple possibilities on top of the fact they could very well be different head sculpts. Slightly different angle of the face to the camera can make a huge difference. Any kind of difference in lighting conditions and configuration of the camera. Plus I’ve noticed that hair sculpture just slightly off can make or break the believability of a head sculpt as well. HT Jyn Erso is a great example of this.

Back