InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm gonna wait a bit closer to the cut off to decide. I wanna see what Hot Toys does to keep people from cancelling their figures, if they do anything else at all. Plus I know what I'm getting myself into with Hot Toys.

InArts Batman looks great, but I wish they'd show off the articulation more on these product images since no one has any experience with their figures. Be nice to know what they can do. I also wish they had provided some close ups on the head sculpts, rather than shots of the back of the figure that I personally would never display without the cape, or from the back.

I think the InArt figures best selling point to me, is that it looks great, and that if I want the bat signal to go with the standard figure, it's cheaper than the Hot Toys combo pack. It's too bad that they're coming out around the same time. If the InArt was 100% guaranteed to come out before Hot Toys, I'd jump on it right now. But I pre-ordered the Hot Toys combo set before InArt was even a thing, and I'd like to get my NRD back from Sideshow, but this is one of those figures with the long pre-order window on the site making it unlikely for that to happen.
That's a lot more of a Sideshow problem than HT's. So no, don't expect them to do anything at all

I think I'm gonna wait a bit closer to the cut off to decide. I wanna see what Hot Toys does to keep people from cancelling their figures, if they do anything else at all. Plus I know what I'm getting myself into with Hot Toys.

InArts Batman looks great, but I wish they'd show off the articulation more on these product images since no one has any experience with their figures. Be nice to know what they can do. I also wish they had provided some close ups on the head sculpts, rather than shots of the back of the figure that I personally would never display without the cape, or from the back.

I think the InArt figures best selling point to me, is that it looks great, and that if I want the bat signal to go with the standard figure, it's cheaper than the Hot Toys combo pack. It's too bad that they're coming out around the same time. If the InArt was 100% guaranteed to come out before Hot Toys, I'd jump on it right now. But I pre-ordered the Hot Toys combo set before InArt was even a thing, and I'd like to get my NRD back from Sideshow, but this is one of those figures with the long pre-order window on the site making it unlikely for that to happen.
Makes you wonder if HT will try to push theirs ahead of production scheduling to try to get their out first.

I'm still torn. If HT hadn't updated theirs, I think it would be a bit of a no brainer. But like you said, there's not many pics showing off the articulation and no close ups of the cowl with the different expressions. Just little pics of them on the full product/specs pic which is annoying.

Think people are over estimating what Hot Toys will do with their Batman figure. I'd be very surprised if they did anything more than what they already have.

I don't see them pushing up the release schedule or doing anything more for it than what's been done. It's one figure is a sea of 50 other figures that they're also producing.

Makes you wonder if HT will try to push theirs ahead of production scheduling to try to get their out first.
That's what I'm thinking is probably going to happen. They'll probably release it in small batches just to get it out the door first. This guy is probably their #1 priority right now.

Now that all the pics are out, I'll say that this didn't "shock" me. When Pennywise went up the difference between the IA version and the HT one was day and night. The base too was brilliant and really made it feel like a "next level" collectible. A sort of poseable statue. Were I an IT fan, I'd have been all in, no matter the price. This one is good, certainly. There are upgrades which sell it more over the HT. It could be the way the figure is posed and photographed, but I think there are some legitimate differences which kick it up a notch. The weathering on the material, the way they did the leather, some better proportions, it looks more like a mini human and less like a mini replica. And with how pricing is, 80$ more than the HT one for the standard version isn't some huge ammount. True, this one has less accessories, but we rarely ever use anything beyond the basics. I like to have them in the box, but they'll always stay there, so it's not that big a deal for me.

Now, personally I'm passing. I've long since said that I'm waiting for a Battinson 2 and an upgraded costume. I've got way too much on my plate to be spending money on the first costume of what I assume will be a trilogy, and from a movie that I didn't exactly love. Were I to buy one, I'd swing for a standard IA Batman and that'd be it. I don't see the point of rooted hair on a Batman figure since there's little chance I'd ever remove the cowl. For me that option is for the Batman uberfans who have every incarnation, doubles for all the alt looks and so on.

It's not that the HT is worse in that you're comparing, say, Mezcos and Hasbros, it's that IA got the proportions and weathering better so the whole thing comes off more alive. Their photography being better certainly helps. I wouldn't feel left out if I had the HT, but if I were a Batman uberfan, I'd shell out the exta 80 bucks and go for the extra bit of realism. For example, I'm a huge Doom guy, so I'd pay ~1K for a true metal armour version or something to that effect. You just have to find what exactly you want from each figure and character.

But, all things considered, this isn't what I'd consider a game changer. It's a nice figure, it's marginally better, but if this were their first offering, especially with that rough Bruce Wayne with his plasticky hands and hair, we wouldn't be talking about "art". The closeup pic of Battinson's cowl with the flashlight is what really sells this as a "mini human" but can we be sure how much of this is editing? Regardless, for me, it's Pennywise that truly made the jump to the "next level". Joker and Gandalf too, no question. This Battinson is a step bellow them.

As for the Hot "Toys" vs In"Art" thing, I do admit I am quite guilty of it. InArt sounds better than Hot Toys, period, and aesthetics are bound to sway people. I want to believe in some new brand that goes "above". It'd help me cut out on completionism, be more selective, all that. But I can't say that it's entirely fair. One thing we're all ignoring is that so far InArt has been lucky to only work with cloth-based outfits for all their figures. For better or worse HT is all in on Marvel and Star Wars, and thus offers a constant barrage of plasticy, pleather figures which have worn us all out. Sometimes this is entirely HT's fault, case in point the new Endgame Stealth Cap, where they went with a pleather material instead of cloth. But in almost every case, the MCU designs are full of that cheap plastic material that really doesn't translate well. So those figures do end up looking more toyetic. Something that showed HT's current skills is the Loki D+ Loki with his great sculpt and tailored outfit. Had they given him proper rooted hair and those new seamless arms, I think he'd have been an InArt level figure.

My point is, until we see InArt get into the game and start making all those MCU/DCEU/Videogame/Whatever figures with their plastic costumes filled with pleather, we won't know exactly how good they are at tackling it all. Tailoring has its own hurdles, but it's easier to make a figure with real, tailored clothes seem realistic, than it is to true and translate some utterly fantastical getup. I want to see them attempt something like Mass Effect or Halo or whatever else, to see what they're capable of. Do a Darkseid or an Aquaman. You get my point. I want to see them go after the Raimi license and make a truly realistic Spider-Man since HT has dropped the ball there. But until they try a more "wild", comic booky figure, they've yet to be fully tested.

All that said, it's another solid release. It's got its few extra points and I'd buy it over the HT due to the small difference in price and the upgrades. But it's not meltdown worthy. It's solid. Yet the previous releases were more impressive displays I feel. That Wayne specifically is a pretty big let down. They didn't even give him the seamless forearms, and the pegs stick out. It's common practise, but it's not very "next level". The sculpted hair looks very sloppy too. As if they were sure people would only buy the rooted version, and didn't give it the full attention. I myself wouldn't drop 300-400 $ on such a figure. Well, I just hope I didn't make a mistake cancelling my DX19 and losing 100€ to wait for their BaleBat. Seeing this, I think they'll offer a better figure, fixing the small details HT passed over.

Now can they please show that Paul? All of them were supposed to be shown by... May, it was? I don't mind waiting, but after getting the same old, and Battinson hijiking the teaser pic, I need to see them try a genuinely new figure. If they show more LotR over the one new license I'll be disappointed. I wonder if they'll go rooted only, or if they'll attempt the formal attire too next to the stillsuit, similar to how they did Bruce & Batman here. We'll see, I suppose.

PS: I'll say that I'm also a bit disappointed that he didn't get a better base. I thought that all these would be getting more elaborate bases to make them really feel like small museum pieces, but I guess Pennywise needed that to sell him whereas Batman is Batman. It's vastly better than the plastic HT ones, but I wanted each base to be a small diorama.

Last edited:
I think my biggest complaints about InArt are: 1) we’ve yet to actually see anything from them, but people are treating their releases like this great gift to sixth scale collectors and we should all bow down, and 2) all the figures they’ve shown to date are ones that have been done by other companies (with exception to Bruce Wayne).

I just don’t see myself going down this rabbit hole of believing everything they do will automatically be better just because.

Last edited:
I dunno why people are expecting HT figures to match InArt exactly when the InArt figures are in a higher price bracket. We always moan about HT price increases yet we want them to match $500 figures; are you willing to pay $500 for every HT figure?
Yup. InArt I would say is more geared to the ppl/collectors who regularly pay $1000 for a guy in a well tailored 1/6 suit without batting an eye, while still being sort of a middle ground between super high end custom and HT.

And, we still don't know what production paint on normal skintoned characters will be like. How much of downgrade will there be from proto to production?

Last edited:
Yup. InArt I would say is more geared to the ppl/collectors who regularly pay $1000 for a guy in a well tailored 1/6 suit without batting an eye, while still being sort of a middle ground between super high end custom and HT.

I'd agree with that if inart had, say, some actual releases to their name. But they have 0.

It is great to be excited, but to simply and blindly name them the second coming of christ when it comes to 1/6 doll collecting is simply kinda funny.

I dunno why people are expecting HT figures to match InArt exactly when the InArt figures are in a higher price bracket. We always moan about HT price increases yet we want them to match $500 figures; are you willing to pay $500 for every HT figure?
To be fair, the standard version without a rooted sculpt is $390, which is priced pretty fair comparatively to Hot Toys, who is charging $375 for theirs.

All in all though, it's great to finally have the options that we do. You have the range of going from $300 to $990 based on what you want to get or spend.

I'm tempted to either go with the All In version or just grab the Standard Edition from Inart and their spotlight.

6e5Uue0.jpg

batman-deluxe-version_dc-comics_gallery_62225197a28a5.jpg

To be fair, the standard version without a rooted sculpt is $390, which is priced pretty fair comparatively to Hot Toys, who is charging $375 for theirs.

All in all though, it's great to finally have the options that we do. You have the range of going from $300 to $990 based on what you want to get or spend.

I'm tempted to either go with the All In version or just grab the Standard Edition from Inart and their spotlight.

6e5Uue0.jpg

batman-deluxe-version_dc-comics_gallery_62225197a28a5.jpg
Yeah but I'm always suprised when people settle for the standard edition of a figure :lol. Go big or go home :lol.

One of InArts selling points is the rooted hair, so I'd imagine most are going for that.

I'd agree with that if inart had, say, some actual releases to their name. But they have 0.

It is great to be excited, but to simply and blindly name them the second coming of christ when it comes to 1/6 doll collecting is simply kinda funny.
That's fair. Though they did show early production pics of their rooted TDK Joker which looked pretty dang good.

Not sure if the second part was aimed at me or just to the general tone of this thread, but I'm definitely not one who is viewing them as the end all, be all. I've said earlier in the thread that I wasn't wowed by this reveal.

When you compare $500 for InArt Premium vs $515 for the full HT package including the batsignal, I'd say the HT is a pretty great deal especially with the more recent updates HT made to their figure.

Standard HT version is $300, the deluxe HT that you pictured is $375. So it's really more of an $80 difference if you're comparing base figure to base figure.

If we order from OSK is it first batch or second that we get?

We always ship according to order sequence

For hot toys there maybe 1st batch if you send anuties to queue on the 1st day in secret base Hong Kong

For Queen, they only offer dealer batch in China, maybe you get it earlier if you order one at Queen's official china store but they ship within China only

So if you ask Queen Studio/ In art, they will tell you this is all ********, there's no 1st batch or 2nd batch

You know what?

If the figure value dropped, they will upgrade you to the 1st batch

If the figure value up, your 2nd batch will take forever to despatch or ends up they will tell you "sorry we cannot full fulfill your order because the courier/warehouse damaged the figure"

We pay for toy, not play by toy, don't be fooled by those ahole with zero moral standard

That's fair. Though they did show early production pics of their rooted TDK Joker which looked pretty dang good.

Not sure if the second part was aimed at me or just to the general tone of this thread, but I'm definitely not one who is viewing them as the end all, be all. I've said earlier in the thread that I wasn't wowed by this reveal.

When you compare $500 for InArt Premium vs $515 for the full HT package including the batsignal, I'd say the HT is a pretty great deal especially with the more recent updates HT made to their figure.

Standard HT version is $300, the deluxe HT that you pictured is $375. So it's really more of an $80 difference if you're comparing base figure to base figure.

It was a general statement. Sorry if it sounded like it was aimed at you.

It was a general statement. Sorry if it sounded like it was aimed at you.
no worries :duff

It's definitely the tone of this thread and the other InArt threads as well especially at the beginning.

Like you said previously, at the end of the day, options are good and everyone wins.

Damn, I really thought I'd be content with the HT figure but the more I compare with the Inart the better this new one seems. The suit and proportions are right out of the movie while the HT just seems too padded and toyish and has those short looking arms.

And while I might give a slight edge to the HT Pattinson sculpt, when it comes to the masked head I still see a lot more of Pattinson in the Inart version. Plus the Inart skin tone is appropriately pale while the HT heads are far too tanned.

Hot-Toys-The-Batman-Update-003 (1)f.jpg

Last edited:
Back