InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder for “competitive purposes HT might surprise us with a better chest plate etc improvement at release. Just like the Knightmare Batman coat they gave us a slight upgraded coat lol. You never know with these folks. Wish I could wait til release to order, I really don’t PO much nowadays.

I just really don’t think it’s that much better. I find all these people who are suddenly all uppity with their comparisons ridiculous (InArt is art, Hot Toys are just toys.. please).

Do I think the InArt figure is nice? Sure. Is it that much better than the Hot Toys figure? Honestly debatable in my opinion. I feel like people are banking hard on the hype train personally.
LOL @ the "uppity with their comparisons". Just please...don't call them dolls, folks.

Does Hot Toys get on my nerves? Absolutely...but so does my gal and I keep her around.

Some have developed the Deep-Hate-State for Hot Toys like they have been wronged personally. I think they need to do better but they are how they are. We voice our displeasure in hopes that someone is listening (reading) and making key adjustments to the status quo.

I'm on the fence but leaning toward InArt. Depends if HT makes any further changes, but both are solid offerings. With either figure I'd like a Batcycle. Is any other company than HT doing a Batcycle?

The suit looks marginally better, with the accurate chest plate being the real difference. The ab plates look a little better, as does the way the cape sits on the shoulders. If the final product has the weathering this appears to, that'll be nice. I'd like to know what the cape is made of.

The unmasked head is a little stylized or idealized. I wouldn't say it's better. The Cowled head... Different, but about the same as HT likeness wise.

Probably the thing that will make this figure look more natural than the HT is that the arms hang straight down at the sides--something virtually no HT figure in a costume like this can do, haha.

At the end of the day, I feel the differences are small, but enough that I will roll the dice on the standard version on addition to the HT version. There's nothing about this that's so incredible it has me running off to cancel, though--which I think is to be expected. Aside from material choices and rooted hair, there really isn't much room to improve on HT's offerings in general, so the differences were always going to be small.

We'll see if InArt can actually deliver.

Preordered the premium at Kit's. Woke up to my alarm at 7 for work and went on looked at all the options and choose that one mostly because I want the rooted hair. It looks better then HT but surprised I'll be keeping my preorder for it.

InArt 1/6 Articulated figure VS JND 1/3 Statue:

InArt VS JND 01.png

I didn't pull the trigger on HT as I was hoping IA would do better, which they did.
Will probably go for the regular pack with sculpted hair, as it's BATMAN so the mask/cowl should be on (but the unmask hs looks superb).

Last edited:
If we order from OSK is it first batch or second that we get?

I feel the value is either in the regular Batman alone or the deluxe set with everything.

Don't see much point in the premium Batman alone if you plan to display him with the cowl on most of the time.

I think it would of been great like someone mentioned earlier the “all in” should of been Batman and drifter Bruce with the rooted hair, definitely a more compelling set to have. Imagine the weathered clothing at their level of skill would of been a no brainer for me.

The Batman figure looks really good, and I like the sculpted hair on the unmasked head , but I don't really like the sculpted hair of the Bruce figure. I wasn't skipping the Bruce figure no matter what so it's definitely rooted Bruce for me, I'll probably get the premium two pack, it's actually not as expensive as I thought it would be, even if it didn't have the Bat Signal.

Inart looks absolutely amazing but I'm staying with hot toys bc I'm cheap. Only time I consider Inart will be when they do Henry's Superman,Batfleck and Mera.They both look great so this time I don't feel cheated by hot toys.

I like the Hot Toys base better but everything else InArt wins.
Yeah this is the only thing I’m debating here.

For the moment, I just have a standard Batman on preorder with Kit. I know I definitely want at least a Batman and right now I prefer the InArt version, as well as the sculpted hair. I might jump on the Hot Toys deluxe Batman or even just grab the base parted out, but I’m glad to have one that checks all the boxes for now.

Also super happy he comes with all of the Riddler cards, that was one of my biggest wants.

I'm torn. He looks fantastic, but since we know InArt are doing the DCEU trinity I'm not sure I need him as I'll definitely be in for the trinity as those costumes were fantastic and probably the closest to comic accurate we'll see on film.

I passed on the Hot Toys version and, whilst this is an upgrade, it doesn't blow that one out of the water in the same way Joker did. Of course Joker is a much older figure so I think I just set my expectations a little too high.

The rooted hair version looks great. I wasn't sure rooted hair would look as good/be worth the extra on shorter haired characters but InArt definitely proved me wrong there! That said, I'd likely still go with the standard version since, whilst the rooted hair looks amazing, I'd display him with the cowl on so couldn't really justify the extra cost and not display it.

Glad we get a bit of time to make our minds up in. Hoping the seller I normally use in the UK offers this (they did Joker earlier in the year) and then I'll make my mind up based on whatever their pricing is.

Even if I don't buy it, with this and Joker it's nice to feel some excitement for 1/6 DC stuff again. I've not felt this in a long time.

I think I'm gonna wait a bit closer to the cut off to decide. I wanna see what Hot Toys does to keep people from cancelling their figures, if they do anything else at all. Plus I know what I'm getting myself into with Hot Toys.

InArts Batman looks great, but I wish they'd show off the articulation more on these product images since no one has any experience with their figures. Be nice to know what they can do. I also wish they had provided some close ups on the head sculpts, rather than shots of the back of the figure that I personally would never display without the cape, or from the back.

I think the InArt figures best selling point to me, is that it looks great, and that if I want the bat signal to go with the standard figure, it's cheaper than the Hot Toys combo pack. It's too bad that they're coming out around the same time. If the InArt was 100% guaranteed to come out before Hot Toys, I'd jump on it right now. But I pre-ordered the Hot Toys combo set before InArt was even a thing, and I'd like to get my NRD back from Sideshow, but this is one of those figures with the long pre-order window on the site making it unlikely for that to happen.

Back