InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that 2024 release date suggested earlier in the thread likely or just a baseless rumour?

I'm leaning towards the full set as long as it doesn't release too soon after the Joker.

If it counts, I never ordered the Hot Toys figure because I wanted to see how this looked. :lol

In an alternate reality, with no InArt, I would’ve had the Hot Toys figure preordered day 1.
yea I think if there was no competition most would’ve been satisfied with the updated HT figure for the most part.

I, too, didn’t PO the HT for the same reason, though I still think comparatively, it’s a pretty great value. There are things I like about the HT over the InArt and vise versa. Though, it’ll be easier to get individual parts from the HT figure than it would for the InArt.

I’m leaning on canceling my HT order. Though I am still a little concerned about the articulation on the InArt figure, seems like the accurate proportions came at the cost of very little movement in the legs.

Might hold off on canceling until InArt’s figure proves itself in production or Hot Toys has the opportunity to do another update. I feel like they’re going to have to, because the differences in quality and accuracy are honestly glaring at this point.
Not sure we’d actually see another public update from HT if they were to decide to even make changes. Seems more like something that could potentially get updated during production, if at all.

yea I think if there was no competition most would’ve been satisfied with the updated HT figure for the most part.

That’s the catch, if there were no competition, there WOULD NOT have been an updated figure....

And people STILL would’ve been satisfied with the original version, not knowing it should’ve been better.

I, too, didn’t PO the HT for the same reason, though I still think comparatively, it’s a pretty great value. There are things I like about the HT over the InArt and vise versa. Though, it’ll be easier to get individual parts from the HT figure than it would for the InArt.
That’s the catch, if there were no competition, there WOULD NOT have been an updated figure....

And people STILL would’ve been satisfied with the original version, not knowing it should’ve been better.

Agreed, Hot Toys is the better value but InArt has the edge in quality.

At the end of the day, I like that collectors are getting multiple options to suit their needs and budget.

Having multiple companies competing for our business can only be good for the consumer. These companies are upping the ante and pushing each other to improve.

I could forsee buying the same figure multiple times (for any # of characters) from multiple companies to suit different posing needs - hypothetically, I could see the following scenario where I buy the "same" figure 3 times:
  • InArt - most expensive, centerpiece of 1/6 collection in action/museum pose.

• Hot Toys - cheaper option but still relatively accurate, in alternate pose, with/w/o out helmet/cowl or sitting on a 1/6 vehicle (i.e. bike).

• 3rd Party - cheapest alternative, place inside a 1/6 vehicle (i.e. car, cockpit) where the accuracy is less important since the view of the figure is mostly obscured.

Last edited:
In response to those thinking HT doesn’t view IA as competition:

They do. Would I go so far to say they feel threatened by them? No. But they definitely don’t like it when someone else is “treading” on their playground. There is NO speculation as to whether they’ve employed dirty tactics to snuff out the competition because they HAVE done so in the past. Where are my sources? Apologies to those demanding to see receipts, but I ain’t gonna dig them up...however if anyone cares to search for them, see i.e Enterbay terminator/jet li, quantum mechanix nanjin tan/pennywise, and most recently the Batman.

It’s no coincidence the initial reveal of HT The Batman was so feature rich. It’s no coincidence they actually went back and revised the figure. And it’s no coincidence they started doing half ***ed video showcases.

EVERYTHING they’ve been doing lately is in direct response to IA’s presence. This isn’t conjecture, this isn’t based on lack of foundation (I’ve always wanted to say that lol)...a little critical thinking can go a long way. If you’re not convinced, that’s fine...but it’s completely unnecessary to snicker at the very idea that IA is slowly becoming a legit and direct competitor. HT hasn’t put this much effort into a single release in a long time and it’s easy to see why...IA’s most recent update showing off the joker illustrates (so far) that they’re not full of ****. And HT/Howard chan KNEW this from the get go.

Collecting 1/6 hasn’t been this exciting for me in a long while. Competition is NECESSARY for us the consumer and I want, no, NEED IA to be successful because now HT and IA can drive each other to make better products. It’s a win win scenario. Stop scoffing at it and welcome it.

My only "complaint" about InArt's emergence is that I've always been more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy, and the DC IPs getting pushed aren't the ones I'm really into (I'm still waiting for some Green Lantern...). So while the DC and general WB licences are getting these superior figures, I'll be constantly seething that my Strange and Doom don't have that "edge". Sure, one might say that HT could just improve, but like others have said, they're in the mass producing business. A figure every week. I don't see them going for that extra 10-20% that nevertheless makes the difference.

I honestly hope InArt manages to get some form of Marvel & Star Wars licencing too. Maybe they could go after the games and I won't have to deal with awful casting and costumes. I don't know. Just wishful thinking. Not to see them make Greedo or Kate Bishop, but to get truly a museum quality Vader and Iron Man, a rooted Anakin, and so on. They themselves have already said that it's unlikely to get anything Disney-related at the time being, but we'll see in a few years. I doubt I'll be replacing all the HTs I'll have bought by then, but a few characters I'd throw the 500$ and 1K$ at to upgrade them.

I'm now eagerly anticipating their Paul, and Bale to see how he'll pair with my Joker. What intrigues me is their Superman. I've always liked the concept more than the execution when it comes to the character, but the DCEU look was really aesthetic. I can see myself being tempted by a Cavill Superman just for how good it can potentially look if they bring this level of craftsmanship to it.

My only "complaint" about InArt's emergence is that I've always been more of a Marvel guy than a DC guy, and the DC IPs getting pushed aren't the ones I'm really into (I'm still waiting for some Green Lantern...). So while the DC and general WB licences are getting these superior figures, I'll be constantly seething that my Strange and Doom don't have that "edge". Sure, one might say that HT could just improve, but like others have said, they're in the mass producing business. A figure every week. I don't see them going for that extra 10-20% that nevertheless makes the difference.

I honestly hope InArt manages to get some form of Marvel & Star Wars licencing too. Maybe they could go after the games and I won't have to deal with awful casting and costumes. I don't know. Just wishful thinking. Not to see them make Greedo or Kate Bishop, but to get truly a museum quality Vader and Iron Man, a rooted Anakin, and so on. They themselves have already said that it's unlikely to get anything Disney-related at the time being, but we'll see in a few years. I doubt I'll be replacing all the HTs I'll have bought by then, but a few characters I'd throw the 500$ and 1K$ at to upgrade them.

I'm now eagerly anticipating their Paul, and Bale to see how he'll pair with my Joker. What intrigues me is their Superman. I've always liked the concept more than the execution when it comes to the character, but the DCEU look was really aesthetic. I can see myself being tempted by a Cavill Superman just for how good it can potentially look if they bring this level of craftsmanship to it.
It is quite interesting that Queen has the license for larger scale Marvel statues but they can’t seem to get InArt the license for 1/6 figures. I guess the relationship between Disney/Marvel is too strong 🤔

Even though I’m fine with my HT Marvel figures, if they (InArt) could make a 1/6 Captain America and Loki that look as good as the Queen statues, I’d be down for that.

I understand you but DC needs a win. Hot toys is so far up Disneys butt queen studios said it's almost impossible to get hold of the license. Hot toys has it on lockdown. So basically not to hold your breath.

However they do have the license in statues only

It is quite interesting that Queen has the license for larger scale Marvel statues but they can’t seem to get InArt the license for 1/6 figures. I guess the relationship between Disney/Marvel is too strong 🤔

Even though I’m fine with my HT Marvel figures, if they (InArt) could make a 1/6 Captain America and Loki that look as good as the Queen statues, I’d be down for that.
They mentioned that trying to get licenses from Disney is extremely hard so yeah I don’t see them doing anything Marvel/Star-Wars soon.

Which is a shame because I would have loved to have seen them tackle Indiana Jones. They would probably do a killer job.

Hot Toys will have a monopoly on the Disney side of things for a long time to come.

Anyone else order the premium set? I hope I’m not alone, the rooted option is too good to pass almost like a shrunken prime 1 statue in 1/6 scale. (Ordered the bat signal as well) I wanted the all in, but the price.. and I’m not sure if the Bruce Wayne Headsculpt is also there yet.

They mentioned that trying to get licenses from Disney is extremely hard so yeah I don’t see them doing anything Marvel/Star-Wars soon.

Which is a shame because I would have loved to have seen them tackle Indiana Jones. They would probably do a killer job.

Hot Toys will have a monopoly on the Disney side of things for a long time to come.
Indeed. JND mentioned the same thing. I would just think since Queen already has a relationship with Marvel given the full line of Marvel statues and busts they’ve made, it would be a little easier for them to get the 1/6 license even if it’s just regional like the DC ones is.

But yes, Indiana Jones would be cool! Not sure how it could/would compete with the custom stuff, but I would love to see them give it try. As much as it would hurt, I have no shame in selling my custom bits in favor one and done figure

Back