InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But we didn’t give them feedback early on. At least I didn’t. It has to be spelled out for them. Again, also a general consensus needs to be reached and support.

Not trying to say I do it best, but that’s why I mark up drawings and comparisons. I literally try to spoon feed it to INART as simply as possible. It worked with Phoenix Joker and for the amount of feedback and criticism they’ve received for Superman, I bet we will see revisions as well. Lots of blatant inaccuracies. @potatocorner4life also marks up clear and concise comparison drawings as well, and I think that if we all did things like that it’d go a long way. Truth is, is that this type of feedback wasn’t really present since the beginning for Batman. Not until more recently. And especially not on Facebook which is where people should post critical feedback.

INART kinda does listen to critical feedback, but I do think the more blatant the inaccuracy the more reason they’d have to optimize it. Also, as far as certain details, it really depends on what they referenced as there’s various hero and prop suits used during film production. For example, in the film in certain scenes, the pants aren’t that baggy like in that picture inside the mayor’s house.
It doesn't help either how much push back you get from people for pointing out innacuracies.

Yet those same people will rush like a flock of seagulls to drop $70 on a replacement collar, just because everyone else is doing it.

Was there ever a “sequel suit” that was considered a downgrade from the first?

these are the few that come to my mind: blade 3, Batman in Justice League, Batman returns…

The Batman’s outfit felt like a mix of “gotham by gaslight” and “Arkham Origins”…it felt robust and a little haphazardly put together.

Like so:
View attachment 698352
View attachment 698353
Dark knight suit is a downgrade from Begins. Justice League suits* are a downgrade from BvS.

Batman Begins > TDK
Batman v Superman > Justice League
89 Batman > Returns

Problem with Batman movie suits is that they tend to think he needs to upgrade in tech, which means he should be covered in additional armor and plating. Just ruins the simplicity that these suits should have. With Pattinson, if anything, they should have his suit become more streamlined and less busy looking. Sort of like the reverse of what Nolan did. Go TDK -> Batman Begins as Bruce becomes more confident in his ability as Batman. He shouldn't need more armor and protection, he should have less as he improves his use of shadow, intimidation and gadgets.

This suit works really well because we're very clearly seeing a young Batman. One that's only in his second year of doing this. His suit shouldn't get even MORE busy and messy looking in the sequel. I'll be disappointed if that's the route they go with it.
Well said. That's exactly what I'm expecting this time around. I don't see it getting busier, but perhaps more streamlined.

As such, I don't believe this suit will lose its relevance with a second film. Nor do I see another suit necessarily turn my attention away from this one. I like it the way it is. Rudimentary in some sense. It's unique from the rest.

Allow me for a moment to show some love for the Returns suit. I don't consider it a downgrade, nor do I think it's better than 89. My preference doesn't lean one way or the other. I think both were fitting to their films.

Also, this may be unpopular. But I've grown to like Returns more than 89. It's a bold film. Criminally overlooked. I appreciate that it's more singular to the director's vision. It's more Tim Burton. More heightened. More stylized. And I love the winter setting.

20240416_085517.jpg
20240416_090915.jpg
20240416_090934.jpg
20240416_091013.jpg
20240416_091042.jpg
20240416_091438.jpg
20240416_091426.jpg
20240416_090943.jpg

The scene where Selina trashes her doll house and brings out her inner Catwoman.. one of my favorite scenes in all of cinema.

Last edited:
1000127262.jpg

Wish they make the cowl and cape exactly like this Bermejo Noel Bats 🔥

1000127263.jpg

1000127264.jpg

And give us white lenses like this for at least 1 sequence in the movie. Ahhh!!

TDK is (to me) the best overall Batman movie - super polished, well written and executed, etc - but...

No Batman iteration has ever come remotely close to the world they built for The Batman (the cinematography and production design across the board is next level), and likewise the suit. I've never bought a Batman item in my life, but I bought the JND of The Batman because that suit (again, to me), is superb, fits the world, and that timeline.

When I look at the Nolan suits now, particularly the cowls, I don't really like them anymore; they feel very dated. Who knows, I might feel the same about this suit in years to come. But saying that, the original Keaton suit is timeless and still looks great.

Each to their own, I guess.

I hate everything about the Flash movie and don’t give a rats @$$ about it…

But I read somewhere that Keatons Batman universe wasn’t EXACTLY the 89 Burton film universe and more of a “well it’s so damn similar it can be considered the Burtonverse”

But if it is exactly the burtonverse…that movie and the people that greenlit that stupid @$$ decision can burn in hell.

What a STUPID way to end that universe. You bring back a beloved version of the character only to unceremoniously kill him??
He's supposed to be back at the end of the movie, as a result of the changes that affect the timeline bla2, but replaced with the other Bruce Wayne for whatever reason.
Then he's supposed to appear again in the canceled Batwoman movie.
So BatKeaton's supposed to live in the original plan.. but now he just pepsied.

Yes brother. Already in prototyping stage. He hinted at starting with Batman 66 figures. Licensed and affordable. That's gonna be insane!
Didn't Joost recently come out in the last couple months and say he was no longer going to do the 66' line? I'm pretty sure in one of his live stream interviews he said with how well Mars is doing with the line and their cost, he didn't feel like it would be profitable for him to do it now. Unless that's changed very recently, I don't believe that's happening any more.

Back