InArt: Harry Potter 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the prototype.. Jaw dropped.. told meself that I'm no Harry Potter fan, just wanna buy their Snape (pretty sure they will make him).
Approx 17 mins later, paying a deposit for premium Harry.
I feel.. weak.
Totally understandable. I’ve been a long time lurker for no reason other than fascinated by figures such as this that are so well done, it‘s truly a work of art.

Totally understandable. I’ve been a long time lurker for no reason other than fascinated by figures such as this that are so well done, it‘s truly a work of art.
Yes.
They elevated 1/6 to a whole new level that Hot Toys is now making their PERS as a standard feature for every release, without raising their prices.
I hope InArt is good in keeping their release schedule, so the waiting game won't be too much agony. :D

Yes.
They elevated 1/6 to a whole new level that Hot Toys is now making their PERS as a standard feature for every release, without raising their prices.
I hope InArt is good in keeping their release schedule, so the waiting game won't be too much agony. :D
HT needed some real competition and InArt is stepping up big time. I just hope they’re here to stay and don’t buckle under the pressure. InArt had some pretty lofty goals initially and after the Joker there‘s a lot to be learned regarding setting expectations and living up to them. I’m eager to see how their next release goes. Hopefully smoother than Joker.

HT needed some real competition and InArt is stepping up big time. I just hope they’re here to stay and don’t buckle under the pressure. InArt had some pretty lofty goals initially and after the Joker there‘s a lot to be learned regarding setting expectations and living up to them. I’m eager to see how their next release goes. Hopefully smoother than Joker.
What's insane to see is how EVERY new release from Hot Toys is now "ROLLING EYE FEATURE" when that wasn't a super common thing even last year. Hot Toys saw 1-3 of Inarts announcement and just completely changed how their sculpts will be from now on. :lol

What's insane to see is how EVERY new release from Hot Toys is now "ROLLING EYE FEATURE" when that wasn't a super common thing even last year. Hot Toys saw 1-3 of Inarts announcement and just completely changed how their sculpts will be from now on. :lol
Yep. People can hate on InArt all they want, but we wouldn't have these changes from Hot Toys without them. I was surprised they put the rolling eyes on the spider-verse figures. Also get the leather jacket on DOFP Wolverine. We all win in the end.

Yes.
i wonder if pers have issues long term like fusing/freezing, peg turning brittle, or scratches due to friction.

i wonder if pers have issues long term like fusing/freezing, peg turning brittle, or scratches due to friction.

little-devil-smile.gif

Not this rooted. MY sister is not a fan of this hobby and was so impresed with the Joker. It said that it was like having Ledger at home. And said that the 2 hot toys i only have seems like toys.
you guys missed the joke based on a previous reply lol. dudes outdated by a decade or the rooted hair = barbie doll just too deep into his thoughs.

Regarding moving eyes.. I don’t find them that big of a selling point truthfully. I almost always use the feature one time when initially posing a figure and then never touch it again.

Not saying the option isn’t nice but.. meh.

I actually really like the moving eye feature. Really helps if you like to pose your figures every so often. But I can see how it adds very little value to those who are the set it and forget it type. I've seen ppl in the custom community buy multiples of the same headsculpt just so they can have the eyes painted in different directions. The moving eye feature fixes that problem

Oldest DX I still own is DX06 Jack Sparrow and the eyes are still fine on that. If anyone were to feel like they're to tight, a VERY small dap of silicone shock oil with a q-tip inside the sockets will loosen them up just fine.

I think rolling eyes is always a nice option. Especially knowing Hot Toys used to paint those dead empty eyes on their figures.
Fortunately that wasn't the case on their latest release, and now even better with PERS as a standard treat.

This actually opens up the fact that adding a PERS feature is within their usual selling price range. They just opted not to add it pre-InArt, maybe to get more profit. But yeah, I'm glad they don't put DX prices on their standard figure now, with PERS feature added.

It's a win win for collectors.
..Not so much when I look at my wallet..

Sounds like you guys have had a positive experience with pers. I haven’t owned a figure with them yet so I’m curious of their ease of use and overall effect on the figure. Have you dealt with eyelid gaps or wonky eyes?

Sounds like you guys have had a positive experience with pers. I haven’t owned a figure with them yet so I’m curious of their ease of use and overall effect on the figure. Have you dealt with eyelid gaps or wonky eyes?
so far my experience with PERS is good. Only time I think PERS has ruined the sculpt is in Hot Toys Indy.
The eyes just don't look right on that one, IMHO.

so far my experience with PERS is good. Only time I think PERS has ruined the sculpt is in Hot Toys Indy.
The eyes just don't look right on that one, IMHO.
I watched a review on that one and yeah, the eyes are too far back like there’s too much of a gap between the eyeball and eyelid.
Anyways, it seems InArt knows what they’re doing with PERS! Harry here certainly looks great.

Back