InArt: Harry Potter 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to hear folks not liking the films after PoA. Though, I also don’t usually fall in line with what most ppl on this board go with anyway in general :lol

None of the movies are perfect page to screen adaptations, but I think they get the job done pretty well for the most part and don’t feel Yates messed them up any more or less than previous directors. The Battle for Hogwarts in DH Pt2 I feel was much better in the movie than the book. However, the battle at the Ministry in OOTP wasn’t as good in the movie as it was in the book.

I actually prefer when the actors are older and the movies are darker. I also prefer Gambon over Harris. Though, if Harris was able to continue, that would’ve been fine. Gambon just got the benefit of being able to just do more and have more screen time.

My order of most to least favorite would actually be:
  1. Half Blood Prince
  2. Order of the Phoenix
  3. Deathly Hallows 1&2
  4. Prisoner of Azkaban
  5. Sorcerer’s Stone & Chamber of Secrets (tied b/c I usually watch them back to back anyway)
  6. Goblet of Fire

Last edited:
Favorite book by far is Half Blood Prince. Favorite movie is Prisoner of Azkaban. I guess my least favorite movie would be Goblet of Fire, although I still really enjoy the movie and the turning point for the entire series.

Not sure I’ve put much thought into which is my favorite story/movie. DH1 is probably my least favorite due to all the camping, didn’t care for that part of the book either. Like most part ones it does all the story setting and part 2 gets all the action and pay offs.

OotP and HBP really raised the stakes and kept you on the edge of your seat so I may say those. The first one is kind of like ANH where it does an impressive amount of world building and brings you into this world. Had that not been done well, we wouldn’t have continued with the series. Something kind of charming about it where winning the house cup is one of the most important things rather than just surviving or stopping wizard Hitler. Makes you appreciate where the series ends up and how it built from there. We didn’t start with the ultimate threat like a Death Star.

I think that’s what is so appealing about this version of Harry rather than a DH or other older version. This is the iconic look that started a franchise, not unlike farmboy Luke. As long as we get a matching Ron and Hermionie, I wouldn’t care if we didn’t get older versions. I can mix and match the professors and Voldemort with them without feeling the need to have the older versions.

I do look forward to Voldemort and seeing what they try to offer for the deluxe offering as he wouldn’t need a rooted hair option :lol

Order of the Phoenix is, by far, my favorite Harry Potter movie. I can't say this about the other HP movies, but I don't think I will ever get tired of that film. So many characters get to play big and important roles in that one.

Will be a cool package for sure since it looks like they'll even do Hedwig. Also just happy to see ANY company other than Star Ace do these licenses.

99711209be9b3176ed1f8c5174a77a3f.png

72b5096a-c550-5061-9396-7efdd01623a0_667x1000.jpg
Amen to that! Ive been anticipating Inarts Harry for months now! So glad theyve finally made the announcement. Cant wait to see how they get on with the rest of the cast. Id imagine the golden trio will be the first 3 offerings from this line, followed by the more popular teachers depending on the success of the first few releases. But youve said it best. Anyone other than StarAce will be a blessing. Their quality is only getting worse, glorified barbies is all they are. Even their Sly Stallone figures look like crap.

The InArt behind the scenes video ends on a photo of Emma, Rupert, and Dan which seemed like a heavy hint that they’ll be the next two in the line - and they did make several references to there being a line. I think we all expected those would be the first 3. After that is anyone’s guess. Hagrid to complement them? Dumbledore goes with anyone? Voldemort to have a villain? Maybe a curveball and it’s Quirrell to give us both our first DAtDA professor and a Voldemort at once? Draco Malfoy to use that child body again? That fourth figure will be really interesting to see where the line may go.

Order of the Phoenix is, by far, my favorite Harry Potter movie. I can't say this about the other HP movies, but I don't think I will ever get tired of that film. So many characters get to play big and important roles in that one.
The kids fighting Death Eaters, Sirius’s death, Dumble vs Voldermort. The last 25 minutes is absolutely amazing.

The kids fighting Death Eaters, Sirius’s death, Dumble vs Voldermort. The last 25 minutes is absolutely amazing.
I originally felt the same. I was a late comer to the books as I tried to read the first when it originally released and didn't care for it. I remember constantly falling asleep :LOL: Then, eventually and many years later, my best friend dragged me to see Half Blood Prince opening weekend and I was shocked at what I had missed all the years beforehand. Went back and watched all the movies. Then started reading the books and when I came to OOTP, I found the battle at the ministry to be so much better than what they did in the movie that it made me a bit saddened at what we could've had. It's really one of the few times I've felt that when comparing the books to the films. I wish they would've at least kept the dual between Bellatrix and Sirius scene in the film instead of cutting it out. I'm biased though as Sirius is one of my favorite character's next to Snape.

Funny how most kids grew up with HP and were hooked since book one; but, I didn't get hooked on the books and wizarding world as a whole until nearly all the movies were released. Oddly enough, I'm now a bigger fan than my best friend is.

Last edited:
I never thought I would get a younger version of Harry. Alas, like InArts Pennywise (although I did skip that as I hate those films); this is simply too perfect to pass on.

Likely they will do an older version of Harry but that will be years away. This will fill the gap nicely until then.

The first film has charm. It’s a real family film (bar horrific and genuinely unsettling back of the head ‘you know who’). It’s my mums favourite HP due to it being, well, ‘magical’. She in fact gave up on the later ones as they became too dark. My favourite films are the later ones as they get more complex and darker in tone. DHpt2 is my favourite for the Snape ‘reveal’ also. In fact, nothing in cinema quite tears me up like that particular montage. It’s magnificent and of course it’s RICKMAN. Praying InArt do a decent later edition of Snape down the line as that is a true grail of mine.

Essentially I was never into HP at all until I met my wife. She got me into them and into the books thereafter and there is no way in hell I’m not having this on my shelf.

Fully supporting all InArts efforts into HP. Bring it on.

InArt have made me cut down significantly on my collection, just focusing more on characters that I truly love instead of mindless collecting. Quality > Quantity. But boy if they go deep into HP that goes out of the window again lol

i d9nt harry porter but the deluxe is one of the best doll i have ever seen from a mass production.

The best moment in the books
I never thought I would get a younger version of Harry. Alas, like InArts Pennywise (although I did skip that as I hate those films); this is simply too perfect to pass on.

Likely they will do an older version of Harry but that will be years away. This will fill the gap nicely until then.

The first film has charm. It’s a real family film (bar horrific and genuinely unsettling back of the head ‘you know who’). It’s my mums favourite HP due to it being, well, ‘magical’. She in fact gave up on the later ones as they became too dark. My favourite films are the later ones as they get more complex and darker in tone. DHpt2 is my favourite for the Snape ‘reveal’ also. In fact, nothing in cinema quite tears me up like that particular montage. It’s magnificent and of course it’s RICKMAN. Praying InArt do a decent later edition of Snape down the line as that is a true grail of mine.

Essentially I was never into HP at all until I met my wife. She got me into them and into the books thereafter and there is no way in hell I’m not having this on my shelf.

Fully supporting all InArts efforts into HP. Bring it on.
The best moment in the books for me was when Snape kills Dumbledore in Half Blood Prince. Snape was my favorite in the books as well as the movies (Rickman took him to the next level) and when he killed Dumbledore I had never felt such a moment of betrayal and disbelief in any sort of media quit like that moment.

It didn't hit as hard in the movie as the book. More than likely because I already knew everything. When that redemption moment came in Deathly Hollows and tou find out the truth....lots of feels.

Back