1/6 Iminime Army of Darkness 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I'm an idiot. I bought this. I'll post when it arrives to show just how it stacks up to these pictures. Hopefully it's one of those better in hand things.

Need to see better pics of the medeival ash before pulling the trigger

I accidentally ordered these with the wrong payment method and canceled it. I don’t believe they ever added the 2 figures from my canceled order back into their sales listing.

What’s the relationship with this NSC and Action Toys and this eBay seller? I think they may be all the same in which case I doubt they set out to sell just 2 or 3 of these.

YEARS late on these and the production sucks. Shame. Glad I grabbed the sideshow.

Honestly don't think there will ever be a better 1/6 Ash than what Sideshow did.I doubt Hot Toys will ever do him and it's likely any kind of future evil dead 1/6 is pretty much DEAD

Since the license seems to be all screwy between the movies and the series I could see ThreeZero releasing an Ash somewhere down the line. It would have a chance to be good. Some of their sculpts are fantastic. Most are just average. But if they could give us something like Negan, Tyrion, or the Hound, I would be happy.

Hell, I'd be happy with an ED1 Ash.

One week exactly, man, I'm good. Anyway, sorry for bad pictures, but this guy arrived 5 minutes before I had to leave for work. I believe the headsculpt actually looks quite nice in hand. That would probably be the only reason to actually buy this. The clothes don't look terrible in hand. But the chest harness is just plain ugly. It also feels cheap. Maybe mine is just an outlier, but it's incredibly loose. It probably needs to be padded out a little and swapped out for a different body. There could be an OK figure here with some mods. But there shouldn't need to be at $200.

z8mABiv.jpg
HQm5Wd3.jpg
4IaKjgt.jpg

That harness looks like ass... maybe it can be futzed to look better, but between the wrong materials and lack of a pull for the chainsaw there is a lot wrong with it.

Looks like if you stripped off the paint and repainted the head it'd be a decent sculpt and the chainsaw looks decent from what I can see. Not what you'd want for a $200 figure. The Sideshow one definitely wins out all around.

Re: Iminime Army of Darkness 1/6 Scale Figure(s?)

Just looking back through the thread... I see my fears were realized; it just took close to 4 years :lol

Yeah, that's both an incredible sculpt and paint job. I really hope the head is handled like other projects where the end paint work is that high of quality. Would be a real shame if the final figure took a major step down in quality.

Night and day difference between the image from 4 years ago and what is now being sold:

attachment.php

Any pics of Medieval Ash? That's the one I want to get......though,I wonder if Sideshow will do Medieval Ash since Army of Darkness anniversary is coming up, along with NECA is doing Army of darkness figures and Super 7 doing a Reaction line for 2019. Seems More AOD could be coming and could see Sideshow doing him.

Sideshow is still KING!

100_8100.JPG100_8106.JPG

Just looking back through the thread... I see my fears were realized; it just took close to 4 years :lol

Night and day difference between the image from 4 years ago and what is now being sold:

attachment.php

I mean, the paintjob isn't good, but that's not fair either. Production Hot Toys don't usually look that good.

I mean, the paintjob isn't good, but that's not fair either. Production Hot Toys don't usually look that good.

No... but HT can get pretty close. Check out recent figures like Tarkin or Thor; and at $200 this figure is only about $40 less than a HT figure that would come with much more and a better body. And the thing to remember is this was originally associated with Denny Kim who had a reliable track record of releasing figures with very impressive paint work... so from what we intitially hoped for, to this is a big step down.

And I'm not trying to rag on your figure, I hope you enjoy it and are happy with the purchase. But with what was put out and where this started we are leagues apart.

No... but HT can get pretty close. Check out recent figures like Tarkin or Thor; and at $200 this figure is only about $40 less than a HT figure that would come with much more and a better body. And the thing to remember is this was originally associated with Denny Kim who had a reliable track record of releasing figures with very impressive paint work... so from what we intitially hoped for, to this is a big step down.

And I'm not trying to rag on your figure, I hope you enjoy it and are happy with the purchase. But with what was put out and where this started we are leagues apart.

I agree...that original prototype photo is world's apart. I honestly don't know why they even bothered to manufacture this figure and then price it at $200.
They are not really selling. I wish someone grabbed the Medieval Ash as it looks better and the sculpt fits him a bit more.

Back