IM3 suits - Everything we know so far...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeyrainbow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Welcome to my informed speculation on what we can look forward to seeing suitwise from IM3 :) I thought it would be helpful to make a summary of everything we know so far as I'm sure there are others like me who are suit design junkies and super excited to see all the shiny new suits

I'll try and keep this first page updated as and when new information comes up. So to business. First, the three definites. Next post... the Maybes and Rumors...

Mark 42 (47?)
The one we all know about. C3PO. The controversial golden suit. Seen all over the internet since being unveiled at Comicon, featured in all the trailers for the movie and in on official pics and unofficial set photos. Shown as many different figure forms, including Hasbro, Lego and Pop. Hot toys wise, seen as a Powerpose figure and a bust, certain to be seen soon as a MMS.

iron_man_3_13422843892558_zps0bd04af1.jpg

hot-toys-iron-man-3-mark-xlii-bustjpg_zps8c191eae.png

LegoIronManMkXLIIandHeartbreakercopy_zps75ddb28a.jpg

War Machine (traditional colours)
The new war machine. This guy looks awesome. Definitely in the movie but strangely not seen in any of the trailers yet. Shown in some released imagery, as Lego and a Hasbro. Pretty much as good as confirmed as a MMS, already seen as a Hot Toys bust.

gtrgrtrthrthrtcopy_zps522d1c80.jpg

Hot-toys-Iron-Man-3-Warmachine-1-4-scale-bust-01_zps5c21205e.jpg

LEGO-Super-Heroes-Iron-Man-3-War-Machine_zpsd43ee96e.jpg

War Machine (Iron Patriot colours)
A slightly controversial repaint of the new war machine (its not norman osborne oh noes...) , basically mechanically identical to the standard war machine but with a star spangled new paint job. definitely in the movie, seen in the trailer and on set. This one is likely but not a 100% lock yet for a hot toys figure. Figure wise, no lego but seen as a Hasbro.

Iron-Patriot_zps5a4f9e68.jpg

Iron-Man-3-Iron-Assemblers-Iron-Patriot-Figure-Hasbro_zps340c0d19.jpg

Last edited:
So now the possible suits that might make an appearance. The maybes... the possibles... The wishlist... The following is speculation and contains possible SPOILERS.

It has been variously rumoured we could see an underground hall of armor with 16 suits, or even 40+ remote controlled suits. So lets look at what we know in order of likelyhood.

im308_zps9224a11d.png

This image is a great source, it was leaked by one of the merchandising partners and seems to confirm several of the 'maybe' suits, as I'll go into in detail below...

Deep Space Armour
This interesting one is a fairly solid possible option. It has the most figures in varying formats to go with it so it seems possible it might be seen in the movie. sort of fits in with rumour that Stark might head into space at the end of the movie to meet with guardians of the galaxy. shown in the wall of armour which seems to confirm it exists in some capacity...

a1782-white-grey_zps3156326d.jpg

4sb4hg.jpg

edit - new rendering found by TED showing possible concept art for space suit

Heartbreaker armour
This one seems to be a possible variant on the mark 42/47, rumour goes that it might be repaired / bodged version. its been seen as a leaked lego and in a leaked promo image so far, where it features some pretty beefy looking shoulders. Also featured in the wall of armour pic;
im308copy2_zps54d6e640.png
LegoIronManMkXLIIandHeartbreaker_zpsbb64bd12.jpg

'Claw' Armour
A new addition to the list - This bad boy has now been shown in a few different sources so it likely to be legit and in the movie in some way. It looks like a bit of a brute, a big beefy armor with giant claw arm extensions... and shown in the wall of confirmation as I am now deciding to call it;

im308copy3_zpsa14c84dd.png

2elcyfl.jpg

Rescue Suit
This is a less likely option but who knows - based on a grainy leaked lego image showing a female head inside an Iron man suit. Not sure what to make of this one, or whether I want to see Pepper in a suit. Although this, coupled with the shot in the trailer of an IM suit surprising both Tony and Pepper in bed, has given me a theory... Maybe its Maya Hansen in the suit, stealing it?? You heard it here first!

LEGO-Iron-Man-3_zps7dd73eb3.jpg

Others...

Thats all the possible suits that I think we could reasonably assume might exist so far... theres is a bit of evidence for each of the above... but who knows! could be all, or none from this post or others we have no idea about.

Theres some suits shown in the wall of armor that look familiar (I spy the mark 4, mark 5, mark 6, mark 7, mark 42, original war machine) as well as the rumoured new ones... Some of the suits shown look to be from concept art in the 'art of iron man' books, such as the stealth suit on the 2nd floor, 4th from the left.

In addition to that image, this one released by Play Imaginative (Thanks Boomix) teasing their Iron man 3 figs shows several silhouettes, some of which also seem to be possibles mentioned on this page including the 'heartbreaker' suit and the 'claw' suit... and maybe even the deepspace suit!

webbanner.jpg

So lets see... Check back for updates, I'll update the post as and when new information comes to light :)

Joey Rainbow

Last edited:
There's a prequel comic I picked up last week,in it tony takes back the mark 2 from rhodey saying it wasn't built for him and he is lucky he didn't have a heart attack while operating it,then he gives rhodey that new black and silver war machine armor that is calabrated for rhodey.after that it looks as though it gets a paint job to become the iron patriot.

This image was leaked today by one of the merchandising partners;
im308_zps9224a11d.png

Joey Rainbow

The armour in the top left corner with what looks like pincers on the arms was in another promo image at some point, i think it was silhouetted in the background of maybe a Hot Toys promo.

If you read HT's annoucement for their Powerpose figure. They stated that they will be releasing suits from IM3.

My guess is that they will release a bunch of suits seen in IM3 in a Powerpose statue and then release the main focused suits in MMS form. Mark 42, WM, IP, and maybe one other main one.

This is going to hurt my wallet badly.

Damn! They jumped from mark 7 to 42?

Yea, Tony Stark has way too much time on his hands... poor Pepper must not be happy. :monkey1

On topic, though - how many of those suits have comic counterparts? I mean, Warmachine obviously, but I think I also see a Silver Centurion armor, as well.

I'm thinking there are still quite a few things that are being kept under wraps. I think there will be a Rescue armor but they want it to be a surprise. If he is so worried about protecting Pepper from his enemies it would make sense that the Rescue suit would be among his secret stash.

IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-Wave-2.png

The Mark 42:
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-2.png

Deep Space Armor
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-3.png

Classic stealth armor?
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-7.png

Aforementioned 'Heartbreak armor' ?
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-10.png

Who knows what these are:
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-9.png

A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-8.png

This one is BADASS
A2511-IRON-MAN-MICRO-MUGGS-6.png

I wouldn't be so sure. :lol But yeah, even 5 or 6 is a major blow to Hot Toys "step-children."

Did Shane Black write all these armors in the script because Howard made some phone calls to him and dangled Ferraris?????????:dunno

:rotfl

Back