IKEA Morliden door discontinued

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 67236

Super Freak
Reaction score
Apparently Morliden door for IKEA Billy has been discontinued. Anyone has some more information?

No but I'm annoyed too. I had this grand idea but was only able to buy 1 set of doors before and now I have multiple other Bestas. Sucks.

No but I'm annoyed too. I had this grand idea but was only able to buy 1 set of doors before and now I have multiple other Bestas. Sucks.

They are discontinued. Now the doors are named hogbo and they are made of white metal and more expensive, 45€ per door.

They are discontinued. Now the doors are named hogbo and they are made of white metal and more expensive, 45€ per door.

Oh wow thanks for letting me know. Sucks they're more expensive but I will get them. I didn't see any for the half Billys, I have a few of them I'd want doors for. Maybe in the future.

This is the set up I use, the Morliden doors on the black/brown billys and dust proofing them. The white does not look at good as the metal finish but if thats the only choice not a lot you can do. I had to drive 4 hours each way to Cardiff to get the last 5 i needed when lockdown was lifted, had to be done as i was told they were being discontinued then due to being unable to source the materials to make them. Typically my local had them in 8 months later but i wasnt taking the risk

Buuh... I just went to check stock and couldn't find them, so I came here and see this.. now nothing is going to match. At least there's a black option I guess. Ever since covid hit, I'd been wanting to rearrange things and get a door for my half width Billy, but the morliden doors were never in stock at my local Ikea. What a shame...

Back