Ikea LIATORP table used for Hot Toys Tumbler and Batpod Display (updated pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ikea LIATORP table used for Hot Toys Tumbler and Batpod Display

Hi, my name is garen. I am from singapore.

Your setup is awesome.

Is it possible for you to advice me where i can buy the mini poster as i try to search online but have no luck.

Thank you very much.

I love your setup(^^)

Thanks Garentoh and welcome to the Forum. I printed the poster on my computer, I just found the picture online and then printed it to the size I needed. Hope this helps.

Dear chris,

(^^) thank you for your reply.

Actually i am aftering the stand that have the light where you place your poster.

I cant find the stand. Can u point me the direction where to buy this.

Thank you so much.

Re: Ikea LIATORP table used for Hot Toys Tumbler and Batpod Display

Dear chris,

(^^) thank you for your reply.

Actually i am aftering the stand that have the light where you place your poster.

I cant find the stand. Can u point me the direction where to buy this.

Thank you so much.

Hi Garentoh. I bought it at a local garden centre which sells miniature displays and buildings for Christmas displays. I only bought 1 as I wasn't sure how it would turn out but when I went back to get more they were sold out and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. Hopefully the shop will get some more this Christmas again but I will have to wait and see.

I was just discussing w a friend on how to display his newly acquired Tumbler and I threw your thread at him as well and by chance checked Ikea for the link to the table and IT IS 50% OFF in Canada till 6 Jan!!!!!! PPL HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!!
Chris quick question..... since I don't have this table in front of me but you do....
you think one could just cut grooves into the legs and the button edge of the table top to secure pre cut acrylic panels and be done? I assume the parts that need to be cut are solid so it might just work and be easiest way to go about this. Though I guess the legs being snag led might pose a problem... can you see any other problem with this approach?
Oh shoot .. looking a the assembly instructions the shorter sides of the table legs are reassembled? Please tell me it isn't so... :(

Last edited:
I was just discussing w a friend on how to display his newly acquired Tumbler and I threw your thread at him as well and by chance checked Ikea for the link to the table and IT IS 50% OFF in Canada till 6 Jan!!!!!! PPL HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!!
Chris quick question..... since I don't have this table in front of me but you do....
you think one could just cut grooves into the legs and the button edge of the table top to secure pre cut acrylic panels and be done? I assume the parts that need to be cut are solid so it might just work and be easiest way to go about this. Though I guess the legs being snag led might pose a problem... can you see any other problem with this approach?
Oh shoot .. looking a the assembly instructions the shorter sides of the table legs are reassembled? Please tell me it isn't so... :(

Hi Geil. That is an awesome deal for this table, I would grab one while I had the chance. The problem I had with the legs was the taper but I suppose you could cut pieces of wood and attach them so it takes the taper out and gives you a straight leg to attach the acrylic to. I did it a different way as I was using glass which was smaller than the opening between the legs and I used the wood frame that the glass came with. I think if I was to do it again I think I would get acrylic cut to size and just straighten the legs like I said as the way I did it was too fiddly. I hope this has answered your question.

yeah the tapered legs are is the part making it tedious :p I think I can get away with adjusting for that but now my main concern is that the sides look like preassembled and I would have to risk breaking it taking it apart to gain access to that side of the legs to insert the acrylic sheet. Actually went Ikea shopping today and even with all the discount I ended up spending too much and not even buying this table LOL But I was approaching this for a friend anyways and not myself but it looks like he will go for the Granas after all due to the color. If I had another living room I would so get this though :D

yeah the tapered legs are is the part making it tedious :p I think I can get away with adjusting for that but now my main concern is that the sides look like preassembled and I would have to risk breaking it taking it apart to gain access to that side of the legs to insert the acrylic sheet. Actually went Ikea shopping today and even with all the discount I ended up spending too much and not even buying this table LOL But I was approaching this for a friend anyways and not myself but it looks like he will go for the Granas after all due to the color. If I had another living room I would so get this though :D

I am the same when I go to IKEA, I always come home with stuff I never really intended on buying :lol I cant remember how this thing went together and the instructions are long gone unfortunately.

I am the same when I go to IKEA, I always come home with stuff I never really intended on buying :lol I cant remember how this thing went together and the instructions are long gone unfortunately.

thanks but yeah ones put in all the sweat best to forget and just enjoy ;) I think Ikea instructions are pretty good so I am giving up on the idea of modding this as I am rather keen on looking for easier solutions than the other way :p The granas is all metal so I am right now looking for magnets to attach thin acrylic panels just to make the assembly even more easy :p still again your table was great work:clap

The granas is all metal so I am right now looking for magnets to attach thin acrylic panels just to make the assembly even more easy :p still again your table was great work:clap

Smart! :lecture

pettersmart.png

:wave

Ha I recognize this toon but don't recall from where.. must be from my childhood in Germany :p If I manage to do it with magnets thing I will post in our thread but in the meantime I hope anyone who wanted this table mod picked it up as the sale ends tomorrow ;)

thanks but yeah ones put in all the sweat best to forget and just enjoy ;) I think Ikea instructions are pretty good so I am giving up on the idea of modding this as I am rather keen on looking for easier solutions than the other way :p The granas is all metal so I am right now looking for magnets to attach thin acrylic panels just to make the assembly even more easy :p still again your table was great work:clap

Thanks Geil. Easier is always better, I just don't have the patience anymore for doing this kind of thing :lol Talking of magnets, I did find in my local DIY shop a magnetic strip which is used for acrylic. It was in the acrylic section and comes in rolls and has an adhesive back so you can stick it to whatever you are using. It might be an option for you.

Thanks Geil. Easier is always better, I just don't have the patience anymore for doing this kind of thing :lol Talking of magnets, I did find in my local DIY shop a magnetic strip which is used for acrylic. It was in the acrylic section and comes in rolls and has an adhesive back so you can stick it to whatever you are using. It might be an option for you.

Ordered and received already :D we think alike :D

O h LOL

Found this thread By google, thanks for the idea. I build one of my self too.

Back