IKEA Detolf Shelf Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hear you on that one tom. it all comes down to what the wives say. i think for now im going to pick up a couple detolfs and look into using the weather stripping mentioned earlier to seal them. once i convice the wife the necessity to display the collection in the living room i will look into something like yours. (ive been banished to my den with my toys)

~~now that ive gotten into collecting statues, busts, and stuff like that ive found out how small my room really is.

That is definitely classy. I'm trying to make my IKEA Billy's look better with lights and mirrors, but they'll never approach that.

Got the same Pulaski cabinet that Tom got...
It is one of the best as it is deeper than most other.

Believe me when I tell you that this thing worth every penny as I've spent countless days before settling on this particular curio.

I got another two that is the same exact design but just a bit more shallow (12" measured shelves) at Costco for $700.00 and one at $300.00
The $300.00 was for a floor model; it was a steal!

If you live in North Carolina, you can actually get even a great deal on these puppies...

Darklord Dave said:
IKEA's business model is creative, but definitely not for online sales. I've visited 2 nearby IKEA's in every weekend for the past 3 weeks trying to put together a display in my living/dining room using Billy bookcases. The prices really can't be beat.

I use Billy Bookcases for both my 12" figures and my DVD collection - replacing the wood shelves with Glass shelves and adding doors in the case of the 12" figures. comes to about $A230 for a Billy configured that way which isn't too bad - particularly when you can buy it piece meal if you have to to spread the pain.

I recently ordered two Detolfs from Ikea and they charged me $125 for shipping. I live near York PA, and the closest Ikear is in Baltimore, MD. I was shocked that they would charge so much for such a small distant. So now I'll be going to Ikea myself on Tuesday and buy the detolfs and maybe something else.

Ikea is not based on ordering on internet and shipping. The idea is to go to the nearest store, pick the things you like, go home with it and build!
:D

carbo-fation said:
I recently ordered two Detolfs from Ikea and they charged me $125 for shipping. I live near York PA, and the closest Ikear is in Baltimore, MD. I was shocked that they would charge so much for such a small distant. So now I'll be going to Ikea myself on Tuesday and buy the detolfs and maybe something else.

Be sure to check it first. I got two of them and one of them was not in perfect condition. The box was fine but apparently there was so much weight on it that at some point the bottom piece of glass just gave in and completely shattered.

Darth Loki said:
Be sure to check it first. I got two of them and one of them was not in perfect condition. The box was fine but apparently there was so much weight on it that at some point the bottom piece of glass just gave in and completely shattered.

I will. Thanks for the advice.

Back