Ikea "Billy" displays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the Morliden door? It's a clean look, but I don't see any doors like that at IKEA in the US.

In the US, it looks like there's an opaque panel behind the glass, so you can't see through it. I'm wondering if you could just not install that back panel.

Is that the Morliden door? It's a clean look, but I don't see any doors like that at IKEA in the US.

In the US, it looks like there's an opaque panel behind the glass, so you can't see through it. I'm wondering if you could just not install that back panel.
Yes this is Morliden doors. You can customise the door with the option of removing the inside panel.

Added the LED lighting today.
IMG_20210911_192855_381.jpg

Added the LED lighting today.
View attachment 538019
That looks beautiful. I envy displays like this that allows each figure to shine. Alas I've just collected too many different kinds of toys across too many licenses, scales and pricepoints - most of which I'm not (yet) willing to give up - and have too little real estate in which to display it all in such a neat dispersed way. That's why I'm looking at Moducase for its great height, width and depth potential. Otherwise I would totally love to have these doored Billy cases.

That looks beautiful. I envy displays like this that allows each figure to shine. Alas I've just collected too many different kinds of toys across too many licenses, scales and pricepoints - most of which I'm not (yet) willing to give up - and have too little real estate in which to display it all in such a neat dispersed way. That's why I'm looking at Moducase for its great height, width and depth potential. Otherwise I would totally love to have these doored Billy cases.
Thank you! I'm in a similar position regarding quantities I have collected lots of figures over the years and deciding what to keep or display is proving difficult, especially when I have ongoing preorders.
Ultimately though I think I like the less is more vibe, but I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to keep certain figures just for bragging rights 😊 on display is how they should be. 👍

Back