If you had to choose a 1/6 Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordnastrond

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pretty much what it says on the lid, if you could only buy one 1/6 Vader which one would you choose?
I'm a 1 figure per character type of collector and I am thinking of picking up a Vader, now I am not the most obsessive or observant Star Wars fan so I struggle to tell the difference between them so I thought I'd ask more learned opinions than my own.
I'm in the market for a Vader and currently I'm eyeing the Obi-Wan deluxe, but I would love your opinions.

I would keep your deluxe Vader from Kenobi. If you are not overly concerned about tiny little details, go with the newest version as it also comes with the new LED saber.

I suspect you would barely notice the difference from the older versions of Vader and pay a premium as well.

Plus you get that awesome half Anakin battle damaged sculpt as well!

Hope this helps!

I would keep your deluxe Vader from Kenobi. If you are not overly concerned about tiny little details, go with the newest version as it also comes with the new LED saber.

I suspect you would barely notice the difference from the older versions of Vader and pay a premium as well.

Plus you get that awesome half Anakin battle damaged sculpt as well!

Hope this helps!
It does - thanks man!

Any of them but the first (MMS279). But the newer the figure, the less chance there is of age related issues.

They’ve yet to make the perfect 1:6 Vader. They all have inaccuracies and some pros and cons. But they’re all still good figures so you can’t really go wrong with any aside from ANH V1.

You might as well get the one that’s currently available though since there’s no reason to pay the market prices for the others unless you specifically want one of them. Or hold off till the ROTJ 40th announcements and see if they make a ROTJ version.

I agree, there isn’t a great Vader yet.

I personally have MMS279 with the sculpted hands from MMS572. I think the 279 is ok~ I’m still waiting for that ultimate ROTJ Vader.

The gauntlets were definitely the biggest issue with MMS279. It was good that you and others swapped them out for newer hands when you could. Harder to do now with lack of availability.

Figure looks just fine otherwise. How a pleather heavy figure that old was stored or displayed is the only other major concern.

I own the ANH with RO gloves (and other JazzInc customizations) and the ESB. Used to have the RO as well. They are very cool, but none are perfect. All of them have various issues regarding accuracy. If you don't want a specific Darth Vader, I'd say get the newest figure that is available in shops, thus you will not pay extra for sold out items. You can also wait for the next Vader, we all know Hot Toys will make another sooner than later.

I agree with the consensus that any upcoming or current Vader would suffice, especially if your not after a specific suit. I only have the ESB in 1/6, but I'm looking forward to the Kenobi Series version too.

Im not one to really look at the tiny details that separate Vaders suit/helmet from each movie and I prefer to just have one Darth Vader in my collection.
That said, I owned the HT ANH and ESB version. Actually, sold them in anticipation of the new BD Vader. I think its a fresh version that can stand in for the single Vader in the casual to moderate collection.

I have all of the Hot Toys 1:6 Vaders (didn't buy the 1:4) and think they're all are okay, but I'm not a stickler for details and extreme accuracy. Of the four I think the Tarkin/Vader 2-pack came out the best. It's like HT tweaked all the various issues with the previous three before settling on that Vader. I've always been confident HT will produce a ROTJ version which will have the old Anakin head reveal and, unless they mess it up in huge way, I suspect it will be the best 1:6 Vader to date.

Thanks guys - I've gone for the Obi-Wan deluxe preorder, a lot of you make a really strong case for going for the newest option.
I've bought a HT New Hope cod piece from ebay to replace the (in my opinion) oversized one of this figure.
Looking forward to it!

I'm holding out for the invevitable announcement of 40th Anniversary ROTJ (it's going to happen) Vader this year.

Thanks guys - I've gone for the Obi-Wan deluxe preorder, a lot of you make a really strong case for going for the newest option.
I've bought a HT New Hope cod piece from ebay to replace the (in my opinion) oversized one of this figure.
Looking forward to it!
tenor (4).gif

If you have the space and money get the 1/4 Vader. That to me is the best looking Vader on the market when it comes to figures. My guess is eventually Hot Toys or maybe a different company like InArt might obtain the license and make a superior 1:6 Vader with real leather and better accuracy to details but god knows when that will happen but I guarantee it will one day. If you’re too impatient though and really need one in your collection then definitely get the Kenobi Vader deluxe edition

Attachments

• 975CB10E-4FB0-4952-8466-01F20A2807CA.png
    975CB10E-4FB0-4952-8466-01F20A2807CA.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • E28B2979-7250-4C9A-9A22-0D2B331E1026.png
    E28B2979-7250-4C9A-9A22-0D2B331E1026.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
If you have the space and money get the 1/4 Vader. That to me is the best looking Vader on the market when it comes to figures. My guess is eventually Hot Toys or maybe a different company like InArt might obtain the license and make a superior 1:6 Vader with real leather and better accuracy to details but god knows when that will happen but I guarantee it will one day. If you’re too impatient though and really need one in your collection then definitely get the Kenobi Vader deluxe edition
1/4 Vader is a great figure

BTW now he can have the new ROTJ 1/6 Vader

440624-HT-ROTJ-Vader-14.jpg

My ranking would be:
  1. HT 1/4 ROTJ Vader
  2. HT Kenobi Vader
  3. HT Rogue One Vader
  4. HT ANH Vader (either of the versions but the Tarkin 2 pack version is better than original)
  5. Sideshow ROTJ Vader (newest version with revised helmet--should order from sideshow directly to make sure you get correct one...or study the box differences and get one off secondary market)
  6. HT ROTJ Vader
  7. ESB Vader
I am sure many would not agree with the sideshow vader being above the HT ESB and ROTJ Vaders. However, i can't get past the droopy long faces on those HT versions. All the other HT vaders have mostly the same helmet with paint being the only differences.

Back