If anyone cares, my mother wants Gilligan's Island, LOL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno

Super Freak
Reaction score
My obsession has spread to my family now. My mother has taking a liking to my figures, and she grew up watching Gilligan's Island. The characters and costumes were great on that show, so I thought I'd post it on her behalf. :)

I would normally be annoyed with this but since it's your Mom, it made me smile. Bring on the Gilligan's Island. Edition size of 1 per character. :lol

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour.
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost,
the Minnow would be lost.

The ship took ground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle,
with Giligan, the skipper too,
The millionaire, and his wife,
The movie star,
The professor, and MaryAnn,
here on Gilligan's Isle.

So this is the tale of our castaways,
they're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things,
it's an uphill climb.

The first mate, and his skipper too,
will do their very best
to make the others comfortable
in this tropic island nest.

No Phones, No lights, No Motorcars,
Not a single luxury.
Like Robinson Crusoe
It's primitive as can be.

So join us here each week, my friend,
you're sure to get a smile,
from seven stranded castaways,
Here on Gilligan's Isle!

:banana

I did always have a crush on Mary Ann when I was a kid.

mary-ann.jpg

Hahaha thanks for being good sports guys. She got a kick out of the responses. I, personally, would not care for these, lol.

I would pay serious $$$ to get 1/6 figs of the castaways. I love that show.

Attachments

• gilligan's.jpg
    gilligan's.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 30
My obsession has spread to my family now. My mother has taking a liking to my figures, and she grew up watching Gilligan's Island. The characters and costumes were great on that show, so I thought I'd post it on her behalf. :)
I'm with your mom. I'd get them :wink1: If people can endlessly still revisit 60s TV Star Trek original series figures.
Why not.
As well as others 60s classic from the era.

-Especially:
- Addam's Family (figures in black and white)
- Maxwell Smart & Agent 99
- Batman 66 continued; Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (Yvonne Craig), and finish at minimum the four lead rogues- Joker(Romero), Catwoman(Newmar), Penguin(Burgess Meredith), Riddler(Frank Gorshin).
- Green Hornet (Van Williams) and Kato (Bruce Lee) better done than Captain Action/Medicom/Enterbay?
- Wild West - James West (Robert Conrad), Artemus Gordon ( Ross Martin), Dr. Miguelito Quixote Loveless (Michael Dunn), Voltaire (Richard Kiel), Antoinette (Phoebe Dorin)

Although more than the 60s a 70s TV line of figures would make my head spin.

FYI:
you might want to have your mom check out the - Exclusive Premiere - Gilligan's Island figure line,
Or Retro-Mego might be revisiting them.
Although they were 8-9", and I don't think they finished the line.

Last edited:
I’m right there with you. I would love to have Gilligan Island figures, Get Smart, Wild Wild West, good Lost in Space figures, the rest of the main Batman cast, etc.

Hey, this thread was on the top of the first page when I saw it and replied, I didn't look at the date, just the already on going discussion.
Apparently still a hot topic! :lol

Not sure what happened here, yet I noticed this site has a great automatic "Similar Threads" generator, that for better or worse brings up and encourages replies to old threads all the time, that could have been what happened here? I'm not sure why people are then surprised when they get replies.

I’m right there with you. I would love to have Gilligan Island figures, Get Smart, Wild Wild West, good Lost in Space figures, the rest of the main Batman cast, etc.
I think Executive Replicas/TBLeague somewhat recently tried relaunching a 1/6 Lost in Space., but yeah they weren't great.
Although Jet Pack John Robinson looked pretty good...
https://www.scified.com/news/go-hero-lost-in-space-john-robinson-revealed-
708v08.jpg
7eculj.jpg

I think Gilligan had the knock-off prop...? :lol
6jrgyx.gif

Last edited:
Lol no problem I was just making sure everyone was aware of the original post date, but yeah It looks like Timekiller revived the thread with a reply so it brought it back up to the front page.

Believe me, I know the thread is old, but I am always open to revisiting a topic that I am interested in.

As far as the John Robinson figure, it was cancelled after supposedly being in the works for many, many years.

6jrfnd.jpg

6jrecy.jpg

I'm actually a little surprised there ISN'T a 1/6th Gilligan.
Would you consider prop repros of the "voodoo dolls" used on the show? Those would be hysterical, and seem about 1/6 scale :lol

Looks like Sherwood Schwartz kept them, wonder who has them now?
792e8v.jpg

792ekd.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn’t buy them but there are weirder things made into figures. I could at least see a Gilligan and Skipper. Not sure about the full cast.

Back