Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is one thing I am sure of its that Asmus seems to be very focused on listening to feedback from their customers and finding ways to adjust to meet those needs when possible. Hopefully Asmus is seeing that the people want rooted hair. Delay? Higher price point? Whatever it takes...just give it rooted hair please.

I prefer sculpted hair. The current regular rooted hair still does not achieve the level of realism that a good sculpting achieves. I have not seen any Aragorn or Boromir with rooted hair that I like, except for those that have been rooted from scratch. Boromir with sculpted hair or rooted hair to choose from was a good idea.

Keep pumping out rooted hair and every release will get better with time. Keep perfecting! We've had sculpted hair for a long time as most brands use that

I prefer sculpted hair, at least for Aragorn anyway.

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

As an owner of so many DC hot toys, with nothing but sculpted hair, seeing Lotr detail in combination with rooted hair is such a step up in my opinion. They have better shelf presence I feel

I thought there was going to be removable sculpted hair with this release so he’ll have standard resting hair and a windswept, in motion look. I have seen some excellent rooted Aragorns our there but this is a regular release and I don’t believe they could achieve his specific style without bumping him up to the crown line. There’s still a chance that will happen with a Black Gate outfit or maybe even revisiting the strider look including ROTK options with the red shirt and Anduril.
Boromir’s Rooted hair is pretty great but his hairstyle is sooo much more simplistic than Aragorn’s. It’s just uniformly shoulder length straight hair. Aragorn’s greasy, wavy layers would require a lot more time and effort. Opting for a standard mass release root job would just produce another weird mop head like the slim.

Ha I think they?ve made their minds up and sculpted hair is going to be the new norm for all shoulder length locks. Theoden, Faramir and Aragorn all going sculpted seems to be solidifying the trend. Slaving over Gimli?s beard must have been the last straw so rooted will now be more of a crown series thing. Galadriel is a different story because she simply has to have rooted hair. Her hair is the topic of great legends!

I?d love for Asmus to give Aragorn?s hair another go with rooted because the slim release is kind of like a load of brown straw shooting out of his head. Some custom re-hair jobs that get the texture and flow right improve that sculpt dramatically.

Sculpted hair sucks and an easy pass for me

After suffering through Thorin's rooted hair, I'll take a sculpted hair Aragorn with no qualms. Love how Prime 1 version came out.

20200703_151725.jpg

If you're going to listen to a few people that want rooted hair please atleast give us the option for sculpted for those who want it

Having sculpted hair is fine so long as it's done really well and with a good eye for the detailing of individual strands of hair. The first conehead Aragorn, Theoden and Boromir attempts were pretty bad so if they can avoid that, then it should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you're going to listen to a few people that want rooted hair please atleast give us the option for sculpted for those who want it

I would not worry as the sculpt that Asmus has been showing makes it fairly clear that the figure will have sculpted hair. This is the default position. I think the folks who prefer rooted are simply lobbying to see if Asmus will consider adding another option similar to what they did with Boromir by offering both.

Asmus posted a teaser for their event with a teaser for Helms Deep Aragorn.! Really excited hope we also get Legolas Helms Deep version.

I would not worry as the sculpt that Asmus has been showing makes it fairly clear that the figure will have sculpted hair. This is the default position. I think the folks who prefer rooted are simply lobbying to see if Asmus will consider adding another option similar to what they did with Boromir by offering both.

Depending on the fig - esp. Middle Earth figs - I prefer rooted hair. Re Aragorn definitely would prefer rooted hair, especially if a character is either hairy (Gimli, Thorin, Thranduil) or battle-grubby.

Legolas would be hugely improved with rooted hair, if re-released. Depends on the wig job. I just put up with sculpted hair, but not a preference. Plus with longer sculpted hair it always affects posing.

Hey Asmus, will the column base be included with Aragorn?
He looks great!

cb91f813797ee0ad6d99e83458a127f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to be a smart ass but there is a dedicated thread to this figure started by Asmus. Some more pictures in it as well.

Thanks, I did try searching but nothing came up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back