Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read about pcs & was excited seeing their Ryu & Akuma from a con and the HS were really good. But that was the last of it.
I was sad to know it wasn't happening I was very excited myself for them. But I'm glad we are getting another opportunity for SF 1/6th line. I just preordered Ryu on Iqonic's website just now. I plan on cancelling my order with BBTS rather get it direct.

I really like sf and ryu, but it is a lot of money for such a basic outfit and figure. Ahhh hmmmmm...what to do?

Last edited:
Lol I bought 3. Cancelled my hot toys orders. Love SF!! waiting for Ken
Hehe sure, if you are a diehart SF fan, i can see why you are doing that. I'm a fan but not as much as my three best friends (but those don't collect 1/6) and I can barely see a difference between this body and a normal phycen one m34/35 and a basic outfit would suit me.
On the other hand, the Super Duck outfit is also expensive right now and for 100 more you get the new body (you would also need 60 for a body to go with super duck). So there ist no super cheap option around. Unless you are doing the outfit and head by yourself.

Might get one Ryu

Hehe sure, if you are a diehart SF fan, i can see why you are doing that. I'm a fan but not as much as my three best friends (but those don't collect 1/6) and I can barely see a difference between this body and a normal phycen one m34/35 and a basic outfit would suit me.
On the other hand, the Super Duck outfit is also expensive right now and for 100 more you get the new body (you would also need 60 for a body to go with super duck). So there ist no super cheap option around. Unless you are doing the outfit and head by yourself.

Might get one Ryu
I have to disagree there, I think they are very different bodies if you compare side by side, look.
a icon comb.jpg

Interview with Andy from Iconiq Studios on OFAC podcast last night. Some really great stuff here!

Thanks for that! It was interesting info!

JESUS Ryu has some major Muscle. Lmao does those other bodies even lift bro. 😂

Yeah, it’s a bit much TBH.

If I remember correctly, when SFIV came out, one of the people that worked on it said in an interview that Ryu was the first character they created a 3D model as a baseline. As they progressed with the other characters, it was then they realized that Ryu was a bit TOO muscular and at that point the designs and distinct visual style had been set.

Then they doubled down on it with SFV.

I don’t hate the visuals/designs in SFV, but it’s always bugged me when the characters look so...bloated and chunky. In the case of the shoto’s, they look stumpy. I swear with every new iteration, Ryu seems to be getting shorter and shorter and I fear that by the 6th game, he’s gonna be little MAC from punch out. In terms of proportions, I much prefer how the shoto’s looked and felt in SF3 and CVS2. Diesel AF, but tall enough where they had reach. (I’ll never forgive them for nerfing Ryu’s crouching medium kick. It’s like, sure, give every other character moves with greater reach, but let’s take away the one move that’ll make Ryu a viable character. Stupid STUPID decision...and yeah, I know they buffed it by season 3...but it was still trash)

Despite my underlying issues with the game’s visual and character design...I’m still hyped for this figure. King of fighters are getting great (for the most part) 1/6 figures. It’s about time the grand daddy of fighting games get theirs.

People need to support this line. I want more SF 1/6 scale.

Thanks for that! It was interesting info!

Yeah, it’s a bit much TBH.

If I remember correctly, when SFIV came out, one of the people that worked on it said in an interview that Ryu was the first character they created a 3D model as a baseline. As they progressed with the other characters, it was then they realized that Ryu was a bit TOO muscular and at that point the designs and distinct visual style had been set.

Then they doubled down on it with SFV.

I don’t hate the visuals/designs in SFV, but it’s always bugged me when the characters look so...bloated and chunky. In the case of the shoto’s, they look stumpy. I swear with every new iteration, Ryu seems to be getting shorter and shorter and I fear that by the 6th game, he’s gonna be little MAC from punch out. In terms of proportions, I much prefer how the shoto’s looked and felt in SF3 and CVS2. Diesel AF, but tall enough where they had reach. (I’ll never forgive them for nerfing Ryu’s crouching medium kick. It’s like, sure, give every other character moves with greater reach, but let’s take away the one move that’ll make Ryu a viable character. Stupid STUPID decision...and yeah, I know they buffed it by season 3...but it was still trash)

Despite my underlying issues with the game’s visual and character design...I’m still hyped for this figure. King of fighters are getting great (for the most part) 1/6 figures. It’s about time the grand daddy of fighting games get theirs.

People need to support this line. I want more SF 1/6 scale.
I know what you mean but since they are going with SFV look it makes sense to do the body this way. I actually think it looks pretty cool but thankfully with Andy's pre production video I actually think they did a good job with it. I can only hope they also do SF2 skins which would look amazing.

Glad I have 3 of these on order. Lots of possibilities.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-152310.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-152310.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 1633740841221.jpg
    1633740841221.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 1633750148200.jpg
    1633750148200.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 1633740934864.jpg
    1633740934864.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 56
I know on the podcast Andy said they aren't planning to release the body separately as it's exclusive to only Ryu and maybe even the street fighter line. But I honestly can see it selling well, and used for a DKR Batman custom. Lol I'd buy a few. But it probably will be parted out when the figure is available so no worries.

Ken will use the same body i think?
But i doubt you will find much parted out. Probably a very limited figure from a small studio.

Back