IconiQ Studios - Silent Hill 2 - 1/6 Pyramid Head & Bubble Head Nurse Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they've only released their Muhammad Ali 1/6 bust so far.

I'm hoping their Street Fighter Ryu will be released soon. Have that one on PO.

Thanks for that. That’s really not bad looking. Definitely a good likeness. Will keep an eye out for that Ryu.

Not gonna lie, when I read "Pyramid Head AND Bubble Head Nurse statue" I was a bit worried about the pose... :LOL:

Iconiq are up there with InArt for delays right now. They announce stuff and it's forgotten about for years. The final product isn't that great either.

I want them to do well, they're good people in all of their interviews, but their production needs a kick in the ass.

Iconiq are up there with InArt for delays right now. They announce stuff and it's forgotten about for years. The final product isn't that great either.

I want them to do well, they're good people in all of their interviews, but their production needs a kick in the ass.
Damn, makes me feel better knowing I have time to save more. But I wish I felt good about what comes out in the end.

Looks like these will be shipping soon!

1000013566.png

If anyone missed out on these, I could transfer an order for both of them with Onesixthkit. I bought the 1/4 figurama diorama so I don't really need another SH2 stuff.
May take you up on both. I'm waiting to see what the final production version looks like. American Psycho had a bit of a downgrade so been curious on how they handled this line before ordering.

Anyone else stay away from a franchise because they don't want to spend more money on figures? Thats me with this. I want to give SH2 Remake a try but my weak willed mind will fold and ill end up with 2 more figures 😅

May take you up on both. I'm waiting to see what the final production version looks like. American Psycho had a bit of a downgrade so been curious on how they handled this line before ordering.
It sucks waiting to see final production reviews and potentially missing out. These are expensive products and no one likes getting a major downgrade, which is always a possibility.

Anyone else stay away from a franchise because they don't want to spend more money on figures? Thats me with this. I want to give SH2 Remake a try but my weak willed mind will fold and ill end up with 2 more figures 😅
Ever play the original? My unhealthy fanboy rant is at the ready. ;)

Just let me know after you decide. Their street fighter line is stellar. But I got so many SH2 stuff already :D

nope, I'm rather young (21) and was never interested in horror games until recently.
A statement I read once was "if video games were an art museum, then Silent Hill 2 is its Mona Lisa".

And... you know, I think that's accurate. Silent Hill 2 isn't even my favorite Silent Hill game, but the impact of that game in the industry and how it affected me (and countless others) on a deeply personal level is more than I can cover in a simple post. There's a sophistication, respect, maturity, nuance, and intelligence behind the game that is almost unmatched in any other game, where every inch of it seems meticulously designed with intent and purpose. It's a game that reveals itself the more you understand its story, themes, and creation. Its horror and psychological themes aren't there just for shock value or edginess - it tackles DARK themes with shocking amount of respect and understanding.

Surreal and ugly, violent and beautiful, dark and romantic, depressing yet hopeful... there was truly nothing else like it, even in Silent Hill series as a whole. If I could experience it again for the first time, I would. The mysteries, the revelations, the unanswerable questions...

The closest equivalent game I can really compare it to, in my opinion, is Dark Souls. How it leaves so much of its "answers" up to the player to determine for themselves based on their own ideologies and morality. A world so oppressive and awful, yet full of meaning and purpose if you determine it to be so.

If Silent Hill 2 Remake is even a fraction as good, we'll be in for a treat.
3d3cf5b2c9fad5cbc30963b67f8b2d094e0d8945.gif

A statement I read once was "if video games were an art museum, then Silent Hill 2 is its Mona Lisa".

And... you know, I think that's accurate. Silent Hill 2 isn't even my favorite Silent Hill game, but the impact of that game in the industry and how it affected me (and countless others) on a deeply personal level is more than I can cover in a simple post. There's a sophistication, respect, maturity, nuance, and intelligence behind the game that is almost unmatched in any other game, where every inch of it seems meticulously designed with intent and purpose. It's a game that reveals itself the more you understand its story, themes, and creation. Its horror and psychological themes aren't there just for shock value or edginess - it tackles DARK themes with shocking amount of respect and understanding.

Surreal and ugly, violent and beautiful, dark and romantic, depressing yet hopeful... there was truly nothing else like it, even in Silent Hill series as a whole. If I could experience it again for the first time, I would. The mysteries, the revelations, the unanswerable questions...

The closest equivalent game I can really compare it to, in my opinion, is Dark Souls. How it leaves so much of its "answers" up to the player to determine for themselves based on their own ideologies and morality. A world so oppressive and awful, yet full of meaning and purpose if you determine it to be so.

If Silent Hill 2 Remake is even a fraction as good, we'll be in for a treat.
3d3cf5b2c9fad5cbc30963b67f8b2d094e0d8945.gif
I will say that if I played SH2 at 21, I wouldn't have had the same experience as when I did at 28. Without spoiling, the ending I got left me in wrong mess but only because of my life experience of being a married man.

I will say that if I played SH2 at 21, I wouldn't have had the same experience as when I did at 28. Without spoiling, the ending I got left me in wrong mess but only because of my life experience of being a married man.
I played them first as a young teen. Re-experiencing the games as a husband and father has certainly dulled none of their impact, and largely only elevated them in my standing.

Back