Iconiq Studios / El1ev1en / Kai Studio: American Psycho: Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the more I look at pics, the more I hate the paint. I showed a few people and everyone's first reaction was ''what's wrong with his skin'' lol. That does not bode well. The sculpt is top notch but the paint..... bad. I don't recall ever seeing a reaction like that when showing friends a 1/6 I was getting. It's especially jarring considering the character is concerned about wrinkles and blemishes in the film and takes great care to have flawless skin.

Please, fix the paint Iconiq. I've even seen people saying they're not getting the figure on facebook and twitter because of the paint work.
The paint is why I have not preordered. I will wait. It will be a terrible shame if they do not fix it that sculpt is 100/100

On a side note I wish the figure included gloved hands

I went ahead and POed from Sideshow. It's my Birthday, I had a pretty awful day, and I figured "screw it", might as well buy myself something. I put it on a Payment Plan. The paint's not the best, and he needs gloves, but this is a grail figure for me so I'm not passing on it. I do hope they see the reaction and fix some stuff though.

I went ahead and POed from Sideshow. It's my Birthday, I had a pretty awful day, and I figured "screw it", might as well buy myself something. I put it on a Payment Plan. The paint's not the best, and he needs gloves, but this is a grail figure for me so I'm not passing on it. I do hope they see the reaction and fix some stuff though.

Happy birthday! Hope the day gets better!

Happy birthday! Hope the day gets better!
Thanks man. But eh, I’m used to it. Holidays, Birthdays Days, Name Days, every single time they turn out bad. Some accident, some problem, whatever, they always, always suck. I mostly try to ignore them these days, to be honest. Pretend they’re like any other day.

But thanks again, I appreciate it!

took me a bit to find this thread, ive been looking around in the horror section but i have faith that the production will look good. i think its a good thing that the prototype looks pretty sharp and harsh on the head sculpt, features usually soften during the production, at least i think itll soften. this is my first iconiq figure. looking to try to add more into my horror section and i think he'd be a great addition to the collection

100%. this release is only a few months away, with hopefully no delays but i wouldn't be surprised if it did. honestly with everything lately with some companies.. they really need to not rush this. im really hoping it turns out good. i dont think its really common for companies like hot toys to show what the production looks like and what the figures look like coming out of the factories (besides blogger pictures) unlike statues companies that usually show what they look like from the factory

The biggest worry I and others have is the chalky thick paintwork.

Their Ali bust has a better look, so if the final product still looks like the prototype I will be cancelling.

It's funny that Asmus' Ash debacle has added another level of caution with new companies. Less preorders, more wait and see approaches.

<- captain obvious here thinks that companies needs to build trust with their customers, its gonna take a lot for asmus to redeem themselves even after all of the replacements arrive. you advertise something, it better be close to what you were advertising. same goes to tots. do not give us a bait and switch, we will remember it. first impressions are everything, it can save or kill a company. i hope it turns out good like ali's. im not sure how the prototype is painted on ali's bust but i would hope its done by the same factory so it'd be painted similar

Really need update on this, they been quiet and turning the attention to other things. Please dont let this be another Asmus or Trick or Treat studio situation

Well if it is another Ash people will cancel. Simple facts.

Asmus botched that figure and their damage control is pretty weak.

This company is new and this is their first sixth scale release so it needs to be a stellar figure.

It can be done, look at Blitzway way back when they released Carlito. That figure is still amazing.

New companies need to basically obsess over every little detail and then sit on the production line to ensure the product is exemplary.

When you let something slide or figure fans will eat it up regardless, that's when you make a mistake.

An in hand review comes out slating it and boom your preorders disappear.

Really need update on this, they been quiet and turning the attention to other things. Please dont let this be another Asmus or Trick or Treat studio situation
--

Don't forget Chinese New Year celebration begins in a few more days.

Factories shut down for a month.

I doubt they want to rush things at this point. It's better to take the time and hopefully do it all right the first time.

I know what happened with Asmus is circulating in Asia within small the production facility circle and serving as an prime example of what happens when short cuts to hurry production occurs. Any 1:6 brand/manufacturer doing the same as Asmus is in for a very rude and money losing awakening.

I noticed nothing was said about this for ages. They really need an update on something…

Yeah I'm not ordering until I know the paint will be done differently to what was shown on the production pieces. It's risky taking a chance with a Pre order with a new company.

Please dont be another ash Please dont be another ash Please dont be another ash

Well, I'm hoping for the best. I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. It's Bateman, man! It's not like we'll have any other chances of an official figure. The paint looked rough, but everything else looked great, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Either way, this is one of the figures I have on PO but not on a payment plan, so I can cancel if it turns out that bad, but I'd rather not think about that...

Well it's simple. If the final product looks bad, people will cancel. They're only fooling themselves by ignoring customer feedback. Asmus did too and Ash is now seen as a watermark for when a figure turns out poorly.

Well it's simple. If the final product looks bad, people will cancel. They're only fooling themselves by ignoring customer feedback. Asmus did too and Ash is now seen as a watermark for when a figure turns out poorly.
I hope they're wise enough to not make a mistake as obvious as that, but you never know. Still, I'd like to remain optimistic.

american-psycho-im-walking-on-sunshine.gif

Back