Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Bag End diorama ends up going into production, I'm betting it will run at least $400 (not including the figure). Looks to be pretty big and will require a lot of detailed casting and paint work. I really, really hope it will be less, but polystone prices have probably tripled in the last decade or so ...
For me I'd go for it. Bag End is too iconic and too useful as a diorama piece to not leap at the chance to get a 1/6 version. Far as I know only custom 1/6 pieces are out there. I shudder to think how much work it would be to really try for a great custom. Research, measuring, measuring, getting tools I don't have, even trying to match the door hardware.

Nope, best if ASMUS gives it a try.

I hope their Bag End will be made of plastic, like the diorama piece that came with Crown GtG. That would definitely lower the price. Hopefully it fits together better than the gate/mailbox from the Crown GtG, though...

Last edited:
For me I'd go for it. Bag End is too iconic and too useful as a diorama piece to not leap at the chance to get a 1/6 version. Far as I know only custom 1/6 pieces are out there. I shudder to think how much work it would be to really try for a great custom. Research, measuring, measuring, getting tools I don't have, even trying to match the door hardware.

Nope, best if ASMUS gives it a try.
There’s a lot of work in a diorama. I still haven’t finished mine (due to illness for the last year). Still loads of stuff to do on it. Maybe in the new year I can get back to it but for now I have Bilbo and Gandalf on display.

Attachments

• 12D0BB03-2F22-4D78-A16A-26F219ADEB9B.jpeg
    12D0BB03-2F22-4D78-A16A-26F219ADEB9B.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 104
There’s a lot of work in a diorama. I still haven’t finished mine (due to illness for the last year). Still loads of stuff to do on it. Maybe in the new year I can get back to it but for now I have Bilbo and Gandalf on display.
That is beautiful - excellent job! If I tried, I'd want perfection. As you say, it is a multi-year project - least it would be for me. :crying

I hope their Bag End will be made of plastic, like the diorama piece that came with Crown GtG. That would definitely lower the price. Hopefully it fits together better than the gate/mailbox from the Crown GtG, though...

The Door to Haberdashery is some kind of poly or resin - but ASMUS knew their stuff, the back portion fits into the floor so it's sturdy but not too weighty. Doesn't have that cheap look some plastics have. Luv the old Sideshow poly environments I've picked up, but they weigh a lot.

Wow, that looks fantastic - excellent work! :clap

Awesome job!

Also where did you get the walking stick? I’d love to get one for Bilbo. . . and Frodo and Sam. No way I have the skills and time to try to copy your diorama though.

Yes! Love it, I think the head sculpt is very decent and I had to pre-order already :love:

As I was thinking, no diorama for Bilbo. I don't mind it but I guess some of you will be sad.

1637907995800.png

Last edited:
I’ve pre ordered Ian holm bilbo this morning.

I personally love the expression, he was going through some stuff in lord of the rings. I’m happy with what I see.
also grabbed Frodo while he was back in stock.

Shame no diorama, at least I don’t have to find space for it! :lol would have liked to have seen the barrel he does his speech on as part of base, but I think it looks a great release, good to see this one has the walking stick too!:)

Pre-ordered Bilbo. My first Lord of the Rings figure. Partially got it for me, but also partially for my girlfriend. Looking forward to getting it in hand.

Back