• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale I WAS HACKED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levit05

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys please go to PayPal and get your funds back!!! I was hacked and this guy has a few private messages going !!! Please go to PayPal and get your money back!!!!

SOMEONE HACKED MY ACCOUNT DO NOT SEND THIS PIECE OF **** ANY MONEY AND GO QUICKLY TO REGAIN IT BACK ASAP!!!!

I really should have known better. Can I message you in case I need help with the PayPal dispute? They may be able to help since I thought I was sending to a trusted source.

I paid for C3PO Tamashii Nations by Bandai and Joker DX11 by Hot Toys
a total of $500.00

I paid for C3PO $300 on Tuesday around 6pm PST
I questioned why F&F and the Hacked User stated about the feedback being so high
and should be trusted, if not, then don't buy
I sent payment since feedback is high

The Hacked Users list was updated and paid for Joker $200 around 11:30am PST Wednesday (yesterday)
but payment was sent to another PayPal email address, not the same from C3PO purchase

both payments required an extra $4.99 international fee, which I found odd at the time and now I know why.

I just sent PayPal screen caps of the message boards and my messages
But since both payments were sent via Friends and Family, and I send many F&F payments in the past months
Maybe PayPal will not refund my $500 back

If I can't get my money back, maybe I can deduct from my Tax returns next year, since both these purchases could be used for investment to be resold, but this is just a "Maybe"

Not sure if I can post the Hacks emails and names publicly, if ok, I will post them

Did you do a stop payment from your bank? Paypal usually holds funds for a couple of days.

Wow, really sucks for those that paid FF, something definitely seemed off about all those listings. I inquired about the EX Joker and said I would add the PP fees on top, but I got back what came off as a fairly terse/condescending response about his feedback speaking for itself, so I am glad I trusted my instincts and passed.

Eh. I’ve gotten my fair share of seemingly unbelievable deals on here over the years. You never know the circumstances of why someone is selling.
Yea for sure. My thought was that maybe the OP wanted to get rid of the DX11 seeing how the Queen Studios 1/6 having been just been revealed and up for pre-order. Especially considered the DX11 has already lost some value on the secondary market with the reveal of the Queen Studios version. I saw a starting bid for one just last week for around $200 which hasn't been the case in a LONG time for the DX11. Usually just see Buy It Nows for $600+

Guys please go to PayPal and get your funds back!!! I was hacked and this guy has a few private messages going !!! Please go to PayPal and get your money back!!!!

SOMEONE HACKED MY ACCOUNT DO NOT SEND THIS PIECE OF **** ANY MONEY AND GO QUICKLY TO REGAIN IT BACK ASAP!!!!

Sorry to hear this happened. :(

I've looked into what I can, and have forwarded your report to the Admin for further investigation.

Wow, sorry to hear this. All my years on various forums and this is the first time I've seen something like this ever happen. How crazy!

Eh. I’ve gotten my fair share of seemingly unbelievable deals on here over the years. You never know the circumstances of why someone is selling.

Same here. I had already purchased C-3PO from him before he posted the other more obviously fishy "deals." I was having an ongoing discussion with another board member/victim about how we're either going to be the smartest sonsabitches in this forum, or the dumbest LOL.

PayPal quickly closed my case and offered no reimburesment. I disputed the charge with my credit company. They issued a temporary credit, but I expect they'll rule in Paypal's favor.

In the end, $300 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. A lesson well-learned though.

This thread is a classic example of how there are those who disregard and/or oblivious about the "if it's too good be to true" rule all due to the never ending pursuit of a deal/steal.

This thread is a classic example of how there are those who disregard and/or oblivious about the "if it's too good be to true" rule all due to the never ending pursuit of a deal/steal.
If you can live with the loss, sometimes it pays to take the risk. In my case, over the years, I've saved far more than I lost.

Never paypal F&F!
Never ever never never ever never!
Feedback does not matter. For example, have you guys not seen all the fraudulent ebay accounts with thousands of feedbacks? In today's 'cyber world' you never know who is on the other end. Look at all the fraud on anti-social marketplaces.

NEVER NEVER EVER.

If you can live with the loss, sometimes it pays to take the risk. In my case, over the years, I've saved far more than I lost.

Never paypal F&F!
Never ever never never ever never!
Feedback does not matter. For example, have you guys not seen all the fraudulent ebay accounts with thousands of feedbacks? In today's 'cyber world' you never know who is on the other end. Look at all the fraud on anti-social marketplaces.

NEVER NEVER EVER.
--

There was a time when PayPal, banks, and credit card issuers covered claims for fraud fairly and openly (i.e., do the right thing for customers). However, such losses increased exponentially due to lapses and pitfalls in how credentials are secured by users, stupidly making poor decisions resulting in fraud, etc. where not financial institutions are implementing policies to curb/mitigate such losses and lobbying the government for legislation where financial companies are not obligated to coverall losses.

Such instances have ripple effects most are just ignorant and oblivious about.

The days of PayPal will cover me so I don't have to worry about risky transactions are long gone and those who continue to game the system purposely in my view are no different than the fraudsters and scammers.

Back