I need help with a survey...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'd really appreciate it if some of you can offer your input in a small survey :monkey1. I'm in my senior year of Mechanical Engineering at Stony Brook and my design team and I are devising a modified exercise machine to assist physically disabled individuals in rehabilitation. The results of the survey will be compiled into a "user-needs" analysis for the conceptual stage of our design process.

If you're not disabled yourself, but know of anyone who is (eg. a friend or family member), it'll be great if you can let them know about the survey. Needless to say, if you don't want to divulge any of this information in public by replying to this thread - feel free to send me a PM instead. I won't use the information for anything else other than a statistical analysis, to judge whether people would actually be interested in using our machine, and whether the machine would actually serve a practical purpose for rehabilitation.

We've been conducting this survey at several places around campus, including the University hospital. But, I just thought that I'd shoot it out to SSF as well, since I post here almost everyday :lol.

Let me know, and thanks in advance! :peace

Survey questions:
1. Do you enjoy exercising?
a. Yes
b. No

2. Are you committed to a daily or weekly exercise regimen?
a. Yes
b. No

3. Does your exercise regimen involve cardiovascular activities and/or strength training?
a. Yes
b. No

4. Does your exercise regimen assist you in rehabilitation, recreation, or both?
a. Recreation
b. Rehabilitation
c. Both
d. Neither

5. Do you experience any pain or discomfort while exercising?
a. Yes
b. No

If your answer is "Yes", does the pain or discomfort prevent you from exercising as much or as long as you'd like.

a. Yes
b. No

6. Are you able to move your arms and wrists freely and without difficulty?
a. Yes
b. No

If your answer is "No", please describe your condition in the space below.

7. Have you experienced any spinal injuries, or other nerve-related back or muscle injuries in the past?
a. Yes
b. No

If your answer is "Yes", are you currently seeking treatment for your back injury?
a. Yes
b. No

Back