I found Captain America's Apartment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecapn

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone posted this before, but I thought you guys would appreciate it.

I work in Washington, DC, and my office is essentially right across the river from the Triskelion's location - I got a real kick out of seeing all the shots of my building in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

However, I just picked up the blu-ray, and noticed something interesting this past weekend. I took a little detour this morning on the way to work to prove it. Sure enough, if you're ever in trouble, Cap lives at the intersection of Connecticut Ave and 20th in the Dupont Circle neighborhood, about a half block from the Metro.

My pic on the left, screencap on the right. You can pick out the trash can I'm standing behind, the lightpost with the same sign for The Phillips Collection (it's a museum exhibit), and you can just pick out the blue awning of the restaurant on the far left of my picture.

Oh, and just in case you'd like to know - Cap would probably have about a 20 minute commute on his bike through rush hour to get to SHIELD HQ on Roosevelt Island, and maybe a 45 minute walk through Old Town Georgetown. At least, if he wasn't using his super speed and walking like one of us, anyway.

It's not actually apartments by the way - it's the "Association of American Law Schools." Sounds like a cover to me.

CapDupont.jpg

Thanks everyone! I thought it was amazing that I've walked by this place probably a hundred times, both before and after the movie, and didn't tie it together until now.

My wife works down there and her whole office stayed late one night to watch them filming from their office rooftop. We can see shots of her building a few times in the movie as well.

Back