I can't believe evilface is selling his 1:6 GI JOE ARAH custom figures on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pigfly:

Guess I'm moving on a bit from 1/6. The offerings have become stale, MCU and Star Bores, and way overpriced. Classic Spidey is the first thing I've preordered in a year and half.

I have about 10 1/6 Joes in various stages that I need to finish, but will prolly offer them up as well. Slowly. I plan on keeping my OG13 lineup an a few others.

Plus I went down a slippery slope I tried to avoid, getting back into 80's Joes. Those little bitches are pricey now. Won't go to the extent I had previously, but singles and some doubles of my favorites. Those groups have some good people in it, but also some cut throat bastards.

As for activity on here, the whole crackdown on customs, third party offerings and my decal thread getting deleted and moved to the customs board was a bum deal that irked me. Old Timers posting less. The whole tone of the site was negativity all the time. Movie section became an monotonous echo chamber. Less traffic in the Joe section and fewer peps showing their work or latest pickup.

I still pop in here every now and then. Answer PMs, creep a bit in posts. Came close a few times to responding.... Might start responding again. Now that our lord and savior Zack Snyder is about to unleash is Justice League. :p

Oh and I'm still active ....

https://www.instagram.com/evilface/

And some of us here...

https://banishedtothephantomzone.com/discussion/all

"Gettin' out while you can?!? Don't give this sucka no statue...give him GUTS!!!"

- Clubber Lang

Evil makes some great stickers too, my Watchmen bases really make those DCD figures pop.

We all grow and change though, interest wains and changes as well.

It?s had to be interested in HT now anyway.....they only really sell MCU and SW and the SW stuff is a bunch of rehashed armors that people seem to keep snatching up for some reason.

Most of my purchases have been unlicensed the past few years.

And Evil is correct , this site took a dive when they bent over for SSC and kicked off the customs and unlicensed stuff.

It was the heart of this place , not HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s just a message board for collectibles, but I do miss the original crew that populated these boards. It was really fun. They had some real personality and character. I dunno, maybe I’m full of ****, but this place just doesn’t have the same vibe (and hasn’t for a good number of years).

I wonder how Nam is doing. Skiman. Devilof.
I got kilt by the ‘rona. Got resurrected. Now I’m undead. :rock

I'll never forget when I had to choose between GI Joe vs Star Wars.. and decided to let GI Joe go since the line was dead and Star Wars booming.. unloaded my entire collection and EF said to me.. something along the lines of "never let go" ... *wipes away tear* hard decisions have to be made sometimes. Gi Joe is a beautiful collection to have but the fun part is also collecting... getting to the end of that road is a hard thing to do, EF did well to prolong it with all the cool custom projects, I always wanted to do a Tunnelrat... but alas time and job etc not possible, easier to just buy it and it be official.... I LOVED all the custom storm shadows and snakeeyes when those were going down.. good times!

I'll never forget when I had to choose between GI Joe vs Star Wars.. and decided to let GI Joe go since the line was dead and Star Wars booming.. unloaded my entire collection and EF said to me.. something along the lines of "never let go" ... *wipes away tear* hard decisions have to be made sometimes. Gi Joe is a beautiful collection to have but the fun part is also collecting... getting to the end of that road is a hard thing to do, EF did well to prolong it with all the cool custom projects, I always wanted to do a Tunnelrat... but alas time and job etc not possible, easier to just buy it and it be official.... I LOVED all the custom storm shadows and snakeeyes when those were going down.. good times!
--

GI JOE or STAR WARS . . .

To me, that one is an easy choice.

GI JOE

I used to be a SW collector a long long time ago when the hobby was different compared to nowadays.

SW doesn't "hold" me as much as GI JOE.

The only downside for me about GI JOE is how the brand/line is handled by the parent and how the parent still "doesn't understand" the dedication of its collectors/customers.

--

GI JOE or STAR WARS . . .

To me, that one is an easy choice.

GI JOE

For sure, I grew up with GI Joes in my pockets when I went to school, during recess finding a place to play with my pals so the teachers couldn't see, and after school we'd head over to someone's backyard to continue the battle. I am 100% a GI JOE kid being born in the 80s... my older brother was born in the 70's and he had all the Star Wars, so while during my time as a kid I mostly bought and played GI JOE I had this huge respect and admiration for my brother's Star Wars collection and how convincing he was when he talks about Star Wars. I think while I spent more time playing GI JOE, I have a deeper love/respect for Star Wars because I looked up to my brother so it was something extra special.

I think, as you said, if GI JOE had better leadership when it came to what's being produced on both the entertainment and toy lines... for sure I would not have axed my 1/6 collection. I still have a pretty massive 3.75 collection that sits in ziplocks in tubs that every day I keep telling myself I should sell...

Back