HT MMS-432 Batman Tactical Batsuit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's there. I had to use the search to find it though.
Thanks Gipetto,

I went back in and saw it!

I am very tempted to pick one of these up this time. I was pissed that I missed one the first go around. Unfortunately this is coming available just as I may be faced with a 6,000 car repair bill (stretched timing chain, and oil in cooling system 🥴) so the timing is not awesome.

But I think if I don’t get one I will regret it big time.

Last edited:
@Omega9300 Ouch! Usually when the timing chain goes the car is done. Maybe better off getting a new car.
Yeah you are right, about that with the timing chain. A few years ago the same thing happened and VW fixed it for free because it was determined to be a problem with that part(I have a Volkswagon GLI) so we are waiting to hear what VW intends to do. In the meantime I have been driving a loaner car from the dealership.
I don’t want to complain it is a fine loaner (2022 Toyota RAV4 XLE) and I’m glad not to be paying for a rental, but it is not particularly fun to drive.

So I have to consider whether I need to get a new car or not. As you suggest Alatar I don’t think it would be wise to sink 6,000 into a 10yo old car even though it is otherwise in fantastic condition. Also my wife doesn’t trust VW now so thinks I should get a different car regardless whether VW covers the repair or not. I like the idea of a new car but interest rates are rising (seemingly daily) and I really enjoyed not having any car payments the last 5 years.

So dropping 2K on a 1/6 scale Batmobile right now will require a bit of self convincing/rationalization.

I don’t want to complain it is a fine loaner (2022 Toyota RAV4 XLE) and I’m glad not to be paying for a rental, but it is not particularly fun to drive.
Not to derail the thread too much, but I test drove the RAV4 when I was looking for a new car about 3 years ago and I definitely agree with you, it’s not fun to drive. I know deciding on cars is a very, very personal decision, but what checked all my boxes was the Subaru Forester Sport. And this is coming from a guy who was driving a Dodge Challenger before that (which was really fun to drive :LOL: ). If you’re looking for an SUV, it might be worth checking out. I can’t see myself getting rid of the Subaru though. I drove that thing halfway across the country and back and it got me through a bad sand storm in southern Arizona.

Thanks for the insight and recommendation @Gipetto0812 I appreciate it.

Actually I don’t want an SUV but my wife wants one, she likes Subaru but also likes this RAV4 so I was thinking of getting her a RAV4. She has a Toyota Sienna now which was useful when our kids were younger but now my daughter is in college and my son is in high school, so she wouldn’t mind downsizing a bit but still likes a bigger vehicle and she doesn’t care about a very pedestrian driving experience. We also had been taking about getting a Subaru for my son which I think would be a good choice.

If VW does not fix my car I think I will replace it with an Audi A4 (Quattro bk I live in New York now and snow is an issue). I like the A4 and although there are other cars that I would prefer I also have to be mindful of expenses. My daughter is a sophomore at Johns Hopkins so that is a commitment.

So yeah my accounts are going to take a serious pounding in the short/medium term.

But I guess for most of us in this hobby there is always that balance between things we enjoy with our obligations. And hobbies like collecting these 1/6 scale figures and watches (my other thing) is much more enjoyable when you can endulge in them without compromising obligations.

That said, I have been hoping for the BvS/Justice League Batmobile to be made available again for quite a while (since I went to order one and they were no longer available). The timing of this release isn’t great for me but this run is super limited right, only 250 pieces so time is not on my side.

This vehicle is beautiful and from what I have seen it seems like an awesome addition to any collection and possibly worth some short term discomfort for long term pleasure 😁

I wonder how many people in the forum are going to pick this up? Does the fact that they are signed add to the incentive to pick this up? Personally I think the autographs do make this a more unique opportunity but I would want this regardless.

Are you going to buy this beast?

Hey all, I'm considering getting a parted out cowl from knightmare batman to stick on this batsuit to create something close to this early concept art, anybody that have both tried this? Does it fit and look ok?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 52b1gtl5ftg21.jpg
    52b1gtl5ftg21.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
I wanted to tweak Tactical Batman. Give him less of a 'blend of grey' look.

There are some super cool customs out there but a lot of them go too far from what he looks like in the movie. I like the colour of the new version coming out but again I think it's slightly too much. I was very tempted to lighten and shine up the armor pads but after a test, it was too far. All in my opinion of course.

I settled with matt blacking and blackwashing the black sections under the armor pads and the symbol. It's subtle but there is more depth and separation to him now without going too far.
new (1).jpg

I wanted to tweak Tactical Batman. Give him less of a 'blend of grey' look.

There are some super cool customs out there but a lot of them go too far from what he looks like in the movie. I like the colour of the new version coming out but again I think it's slightly too much. I was very tempted to lighten and shine up the armor pads but after a test, it was too far. All in my opinion of course.

I settled with matt blacking and blackwashing the black sections under the armor pads and the symbol. It's subtle but there is more depth and separation to him now without going too far.
View attachment 641429
Cool. Really makes it "pop" (as they say).

I'm also interested to see how the Flash Batfleck costume looks. And if Hot Toys also do that.

I wouldn't mind another Batfleck version myself.

Cool. Really makes it "pop" (as they say).

I'm also interested to see how the Flash Batfleck costume looks. And if Hot Toys also do that.

I wouldn't mind another Batfleck version myself.
It's crazy how many variations we have of Batfleck considering how many movies he's been in.

Back