HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DX sculpt would have been better without the pers I think. Something lost in from a front angle. In profile it looks better but I agree that the treasure hunter sculpt is better. That one I am using and the DX is on a maproom Indy. The Temple of Doom Sideshow is pretty good for likeness but seems a tad small. Hot toys had some great bits and the accessories helped alot with the backdrops. I prefer the Fertility Idol Base that came with Belloq better to though. I hope the present toys version comes out so we can see what the headsculpt looks like.

The DX sculpt would have been better without the pers I think. Something lost in from a front angle. In profile it looks better but I agree that the treasure hunter sculpt is better. That one I am using and the DX is on a maproom Indy. The Temple of Doom Sideshow is pretty good for likeness but seems a tad small. Hot toys had some great bits and the accessories helped alot with the backdrops. I prefer the Fertility Idol Base that came with Belloq better to though. I hope the present toys version comes out so we can see what the headsculpt looks like.
Good points. The PERS hurt the sculpt significantly.

The Sideshow Fertility Idol Base is a work of art. I quickly gave the HT one away to a friend, after I obtained the SS one. (which comes with a matching curved piece of floor, as well.

I have the treasure hunter sculpt as well and to me it unfortunately just seems too big, along with the hat being too small. I get the impression that the top of the head could not fit inside the hat. If either piece were to be altered to fit with the other piece, it would be great.

Good points. The PERS hurt the sculpt significantly.

The Sideshow Fertility Idol Base is a work of art. I quickly gave the HT one away to a friend, after I obtained the SS one. (which comes with a matching curved piece of floor, as well.

I have the treasure hunter sculpt as well and to me it unfortunately just seems too big, along with the hat being too small. I get the impression that the top of the head could not fit inside the hat. If either piece were to be altered to fit with the other piece, it would be great.
I have the hot toys hat on the treasure hunter head. I wish it had more of the Raider's fedora look though. The sideshow base is awesome and works great with the extra flor piece. I like the Tanis maproom too though not fully accurate. I do like some of the custom sculpts out there and some of the paintwork is exceptional.

I did that too. I found, if you pulled the hat band up a bit at the front, it seemed to help with the look. Going by my pics, I don't think I'd done it when I took them. I still don't think there's a definitive hat.

Hot Toys Indiana Jones figure, an absolute grail!

If you missed it be sure to catch our Monday night live unboxing episode, some great pieces revealed tonight!

Sideshow Collectibles Rogue | Collecting Weekly Live Unboxing

I finally opened my Indy, and everything looked great. I thought I somehow got lucky without any of the pleather issues. Sure enough, after taking the bag out, the strap broke into pieces. So far, the belt seems ok.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where to get a simple replacement belt strap?

Thanks

I finally opened my Indy, and everything looked great. I thought I somehow got lucky without any of the pleather issues. Sure enough, after taking the bag out, the strap broke into pieces. So far, the belt seems ok.

Thanks
You can get thin leather cord pretty cheap, thats what I used when the belt on my Indy bag crumbled.

Thanks
If you're in the US, most hobby stores have flat real leather cord you can buy that's fairly inexpensive. If your belt and holster are still in tact, I would highly recommend getting some Armor All car interior leather care or something similar to help preserve them a bit longer.

Thanks
Gustavo can make you one. Old Traveler Workshop

Does anyone think a young (1989) Indiana Jones will get released by Hot Toys when Dial of Destiny comes out? I've got back into collecting and at the moment its either Present Toys Indy or ridiculously expensive DX05 with the risk of flaking jackets etc. Are there any other half decent 1/6 versions of him out there?

Does anyone think a young (1989) Indiana Jones will get released by Hot Toys when Dial of Destiny comes out? I've got back into collecting and at the moment its either Present Toys Indy or ridiculously expensive DX05 with the risk of flaking jackets etc. Are there any other half decent 1/6 versions of him out there?
With HT reissuing the old line Batman line of figures, it wouldn't surprise me if they dug up and reissued the old DX05 Indy as well.
Sadly the Present Toys version is the only other offering there is at the minute.

I was just futzing one of my Indy figures, and like others, the strap on the bag fell to pieces as I moved/touched it. FYI. I kept this figure in a climate controlled home the entire time it was displayed.

I’ve had mine on display in the same position for years now and haven’t messed with them. I’m afraid of touching them now based on this new info.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Back