HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, he still is. His pricing is really good too, you can get whole rigs for what others would charge for holsters alone. I've had my rig for years now and it still holds up, his materials are quality.

I just bought this without knowing anything about it. It seems really cool, and it was just an impulsive buy.

1. Is this the best option out there for Indy?
2. How has it held up over time? What should I look at closely when mine arrives? Guessing the jacket and belt are potential issues.

Thanks

I just bought this without knowing anything about it. It seems really cool, and it was just an impulsive buy.

1. Is this the best option out there for Indy?
2. How has it held up over time? What should I look at closely when mine arrives? Guessing the jacket and belt are potential issues.

Thanks
1. No. Far from.
2. Pleather parts will likely have disintegrated so you'll need replacements.

1. No. Far from.
2. Pleather parts will likely have disintegrated so you'll need replacements.
1. Which other Indy figures are better, and what specifically make them better? Sculpts, etc.
2. Do the other figures out there come with as many accessories/diorama pieces?

Thanks

Aside from the SSC TOD, the HT is as good as it gets as far as official figures are concerned. Present Toys have a figure on the way, it's a rip off of many custom parts, but, it could be a decent starter set. No others come with the accessories that the HT did.

1. Which other Indy figures are better, and what specifically make them better? Sculpts, etc.
2. Do the other figures out there come with as many accessories/diorama pieces?

Thanks
1. You are going to want to go custom for Indy. As there isn't much available mass produced that has nailed his likeness. The SS TOD is probably the closest IMO
2. If accessories and diorama are big selling points for you then yes the HT is the best option as there hasn't been any that have offered that much. But if you want a great Indy you need to look elsewhere.

I consider myself a moderately discerning collector, and to be honest, the only unacceptable flaw I had with this figure was the sculpt. Could other parts (whip, holsters, body, clothing) be better? Of course. I did end up getting a fancy-schmancy Yunsil outfit, just because I wanted something really special for a character this important.

But if you can find a JNIX headsculpt and switch it out, I think that would be satisfactory to 90% of collectors. Sculpt absolutely needs replacing though, in my opinion.

As someone who recently got this figure as well, thought I'd chime in.

If you're casual about this character, you'll at least need to get new leather belts and bag strap. They'll literally disintegrate in your hands if they haven't in the box already. However, the more serious you get about it, the more you'll need to upgrade things. For me. I think the jacket would be next b/c it just doesn't fit right. I've tried 3 different sized bodies and I just could not for the life of me get it to lay how I wanted. I'm a fairly capable customizer, and the jacket was honestly the most disappointing thing for me, even beyond the headsculpt.

I totally understand that the headsculpt isn't for everyone (even I scratch my head sometimes still looking at it). But from some angles I'm like yup that's him, usually at 3/4 side angles with the eyes looking to the side. And while I will get other headsculpts eventually, I'm not too upset by the stock headsculpt. If you go back through this thread like I did, you'll find some collectors seemed genuinely happy with the headsculpt. I'm in the middle. If this was the only headsculpt available for it, I wouldn't be too upset to be quite honest. But knowing there are better (albeit pricier) options in the custom world, I'll definitely be going for one of those. However, I'm still keeping the stock headsculpt b/c I actually do like it.

I personally think the pants and shirt are fine as is, especially since they do have some light weathering on them. And if you weren't going for a jacketless, streets of Cairo look, they would work pretty nicely IMO.

At the end of the day, it just depends on how casual or serious you are about this character.

I think that the DX05 is an excellent starter set, as there really isn't much out there. If this is a truly important figure to have represented in your collection, then yes, upgrades to the different parts will be necessary.

But, I love the fact that it also brought the Tanis Map Room outfit. I plan on using the DX05 head sculpt with that outfit, as it does look pretty good mostly covered up... :wink1: But seriously, I don't have a problem with the original sculpt.

Im pretty happy with My HT Indy from Raiders & SS Indy from ToD. I would like a company to make a Last Crusade Indy though and a Henry Jones.
Not sure who has the Indy licence now? Maybe they will release something Indy when the new Indy film is released?

Im pretty happy with My HT Indy from Raiders & SS Indy from ToD. I would like a company to make a Last Crusade Indy though and a Henry Jones.
Not sure who has the Indy licence now? Maybe they will release something Indy when the new Indy film is released?
Hot Toys being in bed with Disney I would only assume HT has the license. But after the Lucasfilm buy out I think Ford now has control of his likeness which, from the looks of things has been the roadblock for any further SW OT Han Solo figures. Might end up the same with Indy.

But at this point I've given up on any legit official releases and have gone full steam ahead with Customs.

As someone who recently got this figure as well, thought I'd chime in.

If you're casual about this character, you'll at least need to get new leather belts and bag strap. They'll literally disintegrate in your hands if they haven't in the box already. However, the more serious you get about it, the more you'll need to upgrade things. For me. I think the jacket would be next b/c it just doesn't fit right. I've tried 3 different sized bodies and I just could not for the life of me get it to lay how I wanted. I'm a fairly capable customizer, and the jacket was honestly the most disappointing thing for me, even beyond the headsculpt.

I totally understand that the headsculpt isn't for everyone (even I scratch my head sometimes still looking at it). But from some angles I'm like yup that's him, usually at 3/4 side angles with the eyes looking to the side. And while I will get other headsculpts eventually, I'm not too upset by the stock headsculpt. If you go back through this thread like I did, you'll find some collectors seemed genuinely happy with the headsculpt. I'm in the middle. If this was the only headsculpt available for it, I wouldn't be too upset to be quite honest. But knowing there are better (albeit pricier) options in the custom world, I'll definitely be going for one of those. However, I'm still keeping the stock headsculpt b/c I actually do like it.

I personally think the pants and shirt are fine as is, especially since they do have some light weathering on them. And if you weren't going for a jacketless, streets of Cairo look, they would work pretty nicely IMO.

At the end of the day, it just depends on how casual or serious you are about this character.
I was a huge apologist for the DX when I first started collecting 1:6. At the time I thought HT was the "bees knees" and could do no wrong. There was also not many options at the time. I even bought two. One to mod into TOD. Man, how things change 😆

Hot Toys being in bed with Disney I would only assume HT has the license. But after the Lucasfilm buy out I think Ford now has control of his likeness which, from the looks of things has been the roadblock for any further SW OT Han Solo figures. Might end up the same with Indy.

But at this point I've given up on any legit official releases and have gone full steam ahead with Customs.
I have heard similar things but it doesn’t quite make sense to me because Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012 and Hot Toys did the Han Solo figures in 2014-2018. I guess it may have taken a few years to settle the legal matter.

I have heard similar things but it doesn’t quite make sense to me because Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012 and Hot Toys did the Han Solo figures in 2014-2018. I guess it may have taken a few years to settle the legal matter.
Yeah they likely had the contracts/sign off on the ANH figures prior to the buy out. And I'm sure like you said it took time to finalize the new legal contacts after the purchase.

I was a huge apologist for the DX when I first started collecting 1:6. At the time I thought HT was the "bees knees" and could do no wrong. There was also not many options at the time. I even bought two. One to mod into TOD. Man, how things change 😆
Lol we’ve all been there at someone point. A member who 1) likes to think they’re always right and argue with ppl and 2) thinks HT can do no wrong, tried to start an argument with me the other day when I disagreed with them and mentioned HT releases subpar figures sometimes. They got all up in arms about it. I can tell they’re still “green” so I didn’t engage.

I hated the DX sculpt from the start and still do. The Treasure Hunter isn't perfect, but, I could afford it and I didn't need to paint it, so, it was a no brainer for me. I still want to see how the Present Toys one turns out.

Back