HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a dream and wish for all of us 1/6 Indy collectors that either Hot Toys or even Sideshow revisits Indy. Hot Toys has revisited characters like Two Face, Bank Robber Joker and Iron Man MK1. Why not Raiders Indy? Sideshow did an outstanding job (IMHO) on Temple of Doom Indy and could probably do a vastly improved Raiders Indy if they saw fit.

It was bittersweet when HT announced their Indy figure; I was hoping they would eventually do Indy but was disappointed in the head sculpt and inaccurate details for a Raiders Indy (wrong holster, whip and whip holder). I had Mike Fisher replace the leather goods and have happily displayed two for years but can't wait for an upgrade. Since pumping hundreds of dollars into a custom isn't in the cards for me, I'll paitently wait for a new, improved version from a reputable company.

I am so sick of having to make quiver/leather replacement straps for HT pleather. I bought maybe 3 or 4 HT Indy shoulder bags and on every one of them the pleather has crumbled away. Fortunately the quiver makes a perfect replacement, but who would trust any HT pleather.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Its a damn travwsty we still do not have a decent Indy.

I still have the original SSC version....as a place holder.....

I hope someday to retire.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Anyone selling a shirt? Need one for a figure I'm putting together.

165757_488155042343_58690437343_6403168_5016601_n.jpg

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Thanks everyone. I was able to get in contact with Mike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My holster belt disintegrated in my hand.. it?s an original figure I?ve had since day one. Please let us know how ur replacement turns out [emoji119]

Hello, I've owned Indiana Jones since 2013 and looking to upgrade him. I understand that the ideal would be to get a new HS (like Buffy or Inigo) but I really cant afford any of them at the moment (and they are long sold out anyways). I have the Treasure Hunter one, but I really dislike it. It's way too big (and for some reason I can't unsee George W Bush whenever I see it.

Anyway, my current goal until another batch of customs get made is to update the original Hot Toys DX head. I've see the mod Seb did a few years ago on youtube and it looked like a big improvement. As I understand it, part of it is repainting to remove the eyeliner and changing the body.

I've been trying to search this thread without success. Can someone share perhaps a link to the exact page where people are discussing it? Which body did you guys used?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks guys! Already started upgrading actually lol

Switched him over to an ANH Han Solo body and bare hands I had lying around. Took out the extra padding from the shirt, replaced the upper shirt snap with magnets, no under shorts, and shortened the web belt a bit as it seemed a little long.

Put in an order at SteveO’s Toys for his raiders gun belt as the one it came with disintegrated as soon as I took it out lol same with the bag strap but I had expected that to happen. Got some leather cord coming to replace it and my TOD strap.

First thing I did though was put some leather protectant on the jacket, whip and boots just in case. Don’t want those falling to pieces like the other bits.

I also contacted GeeWhiz to see how much their jacket is. I know it’s not going to be as nice as some of the top tailors out there, but it will be good enough for me and it’s real leather.

But even with that, it was nice to open and experience. The box is huge and I haven’t had a DX since DX15 Sparrow and I sold that off when I lost my job in 2019. This weekend I’ll attempt to remove/paint over the guyliner.

As it’s been mentioned in this thread multiple times (yup I actually went through almost the entire thread to see what mods folks have done :lol) the sculpt is very curious. Sometimes it looks like Ford and other times not, but I’m still enjoying it for what it is.

Congrats! Pretty sure most of the Indy fans here purchased this set at some point or another. I've made some fun customs using various HT parts. A lot of good bits in there. Satchel is great once you swap out the strap (since it also disintegrates).

Glad to hear your got another Indy. It has some good value to it but Most of us Indy fans have modified like you started doing. The headsculpt to me looks ok from side angles or from underneath the figure than seeing him straight on. The guyliner seemed to vary from figure to figure as mine isn't as bad as some I have seen. I got a set of M Fisher gear and it helped alot. Still haven't gotten a custom sculpt yet as everytime they were in the works I couldn't afford it and a great painter so that is still my grail I am chasing.

Really appreciate the feedback and support on this purchase fellas :wave

Congrats! Pretty sure most of the Indy fans here purchased this set at some point or another. I've made some fun customs using various HT parts. A lot of good bits in there. Satchel is great once you swap out the strap (since it also disintegrates).
Thanks Ton Ton! Yup definitely a bunch of good stuff in there and I imagine he'll look even better once I get the new holster and bag strap. I was originally going to use it for parts as it made more sense to buy it whole and sell whatever I didn't put with my TOD Indy, but it's such a cool package that I'm thinking I'll just keep. Have the HT one completely suited and geared up, jacket and all then the TOD one as a completely separate display. I didn't plan on it, but it's just too cool to use only for parts. It was definitely a fun experience unboxing this guy. Will have to wait a little longer now though to get one of your TOD glowing sankara bags now though :slap

Glad to hear your got another Indy. It has some good value to it but Most of us Indy fans have modified like you started doing. The headsculpt to me looks ok from side angles or from underneath the figure than seeing him straight on. The guyliner seemed to vary from figure to figure as mine isn't as bad as some I have seen. I got a set of M Fisher gear and it helped a lot. Still haven't gotten a custom sculpt yet as every time they were in the works I couldn't afford it and a great painter so that is still my grail I am chasing.
Thanks! And yea it was hard to just keep it stock right away even though I normally like to enjoy figures as is before hacking away. But, I checked out most of this thread while waiting for it to arrive and saw the cool stuff folks did and 2) the holster and bag strap fell apart right when it took them out :lol so there was no choice but to just dive right on in. The MFisher gear is probably the most premium and accurate from all the pics I've seen. They look so good! But, my impulse was to just go for the SteveOs Toys. I've had his Firefly gear and was pretty happy with it, so I just went with what I knew. I think anything will be better than what HT included.

I definitely understand about the headsculpt. I felt like my eyes were doing something funny while looking at it like others have mentioned in here. I'm pretty happy with both HT and SS but I wouldn't mind an upgrade for the Raiders look if/when available. Custom sculpts are expensive though and then painting is a whole other thing so it's really hard to go down that road. I've only had one item custom haired and painted before by Jacob Rahmier, but that was before he was as big as he is now. I couldn't image what his turn around time is these days.

Post pics of your new gear when you get it. I have heard SteveOs gear is nice but haven't seen much. I really need to do the maproom setup and will use the hot toys head for that. I have the sideshow maproom set and I always loved that scene in Raiders. I am hoping that good custom sculpts start showing up. Jacob is a great painter and would love to get something painted from him but I know he is really busy now.

Post pics of your new gear when you get it. I have heard SteveOs gear is nice but haven't seen much. I really need to do the maproom setup and will use the hot toys head for that. I have the sideshow maproom set and I always loved that scene in Raiders. I am hoping that good custom sculpts start showing up. Jacob is a great painter and would love to get something painted from him but I know he is really busy now.
I'm planning the same thing. I'll use the DX head sculpt for the Tanis Map Room environment, which I think is fantastic.

The DX Indy was such a great set with all the stuff it came with. + the two backdrops.
dx05-indy18.jpg

if they had nailed the head sculpt then this would be one of the most sought after HT figs imo.
The poor likeness to Ford and that weird guyliner effect that PERS had on the sculpt really let down an epic release.

While not perfect, for its time it was a very cool release. I ended up giving away that idol pedestal and picked up the superior Sideshow one.

The map room outfit had people scrambling for an extra body and head sculpt, too.

Will do! SteveO's current turn around is 2-3 weeks according to his website, so I probably won't have it until mid-end of October. Hoping that since it's a small, 1 item order, maybe it will be a faster turn around time. I kept the buckle from the HT gun belt though in case I want to use that one on SteveO's set. The prongs on his belt buckles tend to be like a needle and that seems too thin to me for this scale, but we'll see when I get it in hand. The Geewhiz Jacket on the other hand is a 4-6 month turn around time :monkey2 so both my Indy's will have to suffer through the winter without a jacket if I proceed with them :lol

I'm planning the same thing. I'll use the DX head sculpt for the Tanis Map Room environment, which I think is fantastic.
From the pics I've seen, the DX head seems to definitely look best for that look. Maybe b/c you can sort of "reshape" the jaw with the head wraps? Right now I have no plans for the Tanis room look but that could easily change at my current rate of Indy's :lol If the Present Toys figure does end up coming out, I'll have a spare shirt and pants to use for that look if need be.

I have Steve O's Raiders set:

New Jones 0004.jpg
New Jones 0006.jpg

Back