How many US military Veterans are here?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What branch of service were you in?

• Total voters
Raised by a Marine who strongly discouraged service. Vietnam will do that.
I had an uncle who supported joining the service but strongly cautioned about the reality of actually being in the service. He was also a Vietnam vet.

I had an uncle who supported joining the service but strongly cautioned about the reality of actually being in the service. He was also a Vietnam vet.

He told me he’d drive me to Canada himself if there were ever another draft. His father was at Normandy. Utah Beach. Army medic. Five tours in Europe. Saw a liberated concentration camp. So, the ethic was strong growing up, but when he got a low draft number, he enlisted as a Marine. It was two years. Army was four. He made it out with a Bronze Star and a Navy Commendation. What killed his faith was the utter incompetence of the command. He saw a lot of death as a result of horrible executive decisions.

I’m surprised more people aren’t piping up. There were quite a few of you guys here back in the day. BadMoon and Darth Cruel were both Marines. thenammagazine used to hint that he’d served, but never got specific.

He told me he’d drive me to Canada himself if there were ever another draft. His father was at Normandy. Utah Beach. Army medic. Five tours in Europe. Saw a liberated concentration camp. So, the ethic was strong growing up, but when he got a low draft number, he enlisted as a Marine. It was two years. Army was four. He made it out with a Bronze Star and a Navy Commendation. What killed his faith was the utter incompetence of the command. He saw a lot of death as a result of horrible executive decisions.

I’m surprised more people aren’t piping up. There were quite a few of you guys here back in the day. BadMoon and Darth Cruel were both Marines. thenammagazine used to hint that he’d served, but never got specific.
Yeah, I remember a lot more Vets being on this board about ten years ago.

I was Military Police in the Army, although only for 2 years. I was hurt really bad in a freak accident while serving in Iraq (fractured skull, lower leg broken in multiple places) and was eventually discharged as a result of those injuries.
Sorry to hear that, brother, I hope you're doing better these days. :duff

Back