How does pre-order on eBay work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't bother with pre orders from ebay, you can pre order from a more known company like ss or toys 2, if it's a pre order. don't use the bay for new figures. old ones you don't have a choice.:lecture

According to eBay policy, preorder auctions must identify themselves as such--and no matter what, the item must ship within thirty days of the closing. When they do slip around the rules, auctions for preorder items that won't ship within that window are dangerous because after that month is over, your official eBay/Paypal safeguards evaporate.

Lets see my experience you preorder on the bay, you give them some money & they give you all the reason under the sun why it hasn't shipped until the 90 day sale terms is out, then the seller doesn't deliver, ebay wipes their hands, you can no longer leave feedback & you look at ur empty pocket & space on the wall. Preorder through stores

Don't preorder on eBay. I'm sure some sellers will deliver, but there are also some out there who won't. Keep in mind, 45 days after payment, you have no more help from Paypal.
what do you mean no help from Paypal? i recently got a refund for a scam preorder after waiting 170 days (Paypal allows 180), the seller wasn't even registered on Ebay anymore, but Paypal still did its job. was it simply a rare miracle?

what do you mean no help from Paypal? i recently got a refund for a scam preorder after waiting 170 days (Paypal allows 180), the seller wasn't even registered on Ebay anymore, but Paypal still did its job. was it simply a rare miracle?
Lol, that post was 11 years ago. Terms have changed many times since then so no it wasn't a miracle, just business as usual.

A bot with an avatar image?...
BrilliantBareGreatwhiteshark-max-1mb.gif

Back