Hot Toys X-Men: Days of Future Past - Wolverine (1973 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definite preorder for me, would’ve loved a logan but definitely not complaining, tbh I always felt like DOFP was the movie where wolverine felt the most like wolverine,
Here’s hoping we get a Fassbender Magento to go with him, Civilian Clothes or end suit:clap

Definite preorder for me, would’ve loved a logan but definitely not complaining, tbh I always felt like DOFP was the movie where wolverine felt the most like wolverine,
Here’s hoping we get a Fassbender Magento to go with him, Civilian Clothes or end suit:clap
If (and that's a big if) they make any more DoFP figures, Fassneto is the most likely pick (I honestly don't see McAvoy Xavier getting made, Future McKellen Magneto is too boring a design without the helmet and if they make a Stewart Xavier it'll be the MoM version with the hoverchair). He'd certainly make for a great figure. And who knows if MCU Magneto will top him, so I'd certainly want a Fassneto just in case.

If (and that's a big if) they make any more DoFP figures, Fassneto is the most likely pick (I honestly don't see McAvoy Xavier getting made, Future McKellen Magneto is too boring a design without the helmet and if they make a Stewart Xavier it'll be the MoM version with the hoverchair). He'd certainly make for a great figure. And who knows if MCU Magneto will top him, so I'd certainly want a Fassneto just in case.
They could also do the Evan Peters Quicksilver. He was pretty memorable in DOFP. I’m guessing Wolverine is all we’re getting though.

They could also do the Evan Peters Quicksilver. He was pretty memorable in DOFP. I’m guessing Wolverine is all we’re getting though.
Eh, I don't know. His look was a bit too plain, memorable as he was. Jackverine can get away with being Jackman in his jeans, but a lower tier character like Quicksilver... The problem is that HT's plate is full with the MCU & SW barrage. If it took them half a year to show the Spider-Men and a single Hawkeye figure, while they still haven't gotten around to any of the Strange Variants or a Mr. Knight, chances of anything else are not looking good. They barely have time to make the MCs of everything that's coming, and maybe a villain.

This is the 5th Wolverine figure by HT, and they still haven't made ONE definitive Jackman figure, IMO.

They made

X3 leather uniform - Don't like the sculpt and the film is meh. Awful hair too.
Wolverine Origins - Don't like the hair style and the film is awful.
The Wolverine - Black suit and tie....WTF. Hair sucks. Movie sucks too
DOFP - Future X Uniform -pretty good costume, but it's barely in the film
1973 DOFP - Great film, cool outfit for the film, but not for a one and done Wolverine in a collection. Not what I think of when I think of Jackman's Wolvie.

1973 Wolvie is a great addition for those who own the future version.

Well said. While I think this is an incredible looking figure, it definitely feels more like an “add-on” or a companion piece as opposed to being someone’s one and only Wolverine on their shelf. Having said that, since I do own the DOFP version I’m for sure getting this.

You mean the tank top?
In British English, that’s known as a vest or wife beater. What American’s refer to as a vest is called a waistcoat here.

I’m very torn here and it’s purely a budget issue. I’m gonna want a Garfield and Maguire Spidey for sure, might get the Lizard base over the 3P figure to use less space and then there’s potential Star Wars reveals and the InArt Battinson looming over my wallet.
So much plastic, so little paper…

Last edited:
Retconning the claws never bothered me much, the metal claws used to be visible from the back of the hand but changed and only came through between the fingers. But the bone claws were always shown to be in the original design position on the back of the hand. Both types of claws were used in DOFP with different positions :slap:LOL: a movie with a 200 million dollar budget couldn't make another pair of bone claws lol
wolverine-hugh-jackman.jpeg.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-231759_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220716-232032_YouTube.jpg

This is the 5th Wolverine figure by HT, and they still haven't made ONE definitive Jackman figure, IMO.

They made

X3 leather uniform - Don't like the sculpt and the film is meh. Awful hair too.
Wolverine Origins - Don't like the hair style and the film is awful.
The Wolverine - Black suit and tie....WTF. Hair sucks. Movie sucks too
DOFP - Future X Uniform -pretty good costume, but it's barely in the film
1973 DOFP - Great film, cool outfit for the film, but not for a one and done Wolverine in a collection. Not what I think of when I think of Jackman's Wolvie.

1973 Wolvie is a great addition for those who own the future version.
I will always have a soft spot for the HT origins fig. It was one of my first HT figs and blew me away back then, it still looks fairly decent even by todays standards.

This looks great. Wolverine is still one of my all time favorite characters. Don’t have room for it but still appreciate the effort put in.

My all-time favorite, so I’m always in for a nicely-made figure. I’m still hopeful for a Logan and another X-24. The X-24 isn’t likely, I suppose. I love the ‘73 tho. Bought.

I wish Hot Toys had an insider talk to the community much like John from Queen Studios. I bet if they stated something to the effect of “If sales are good on this Wolverine, we’ll re-use this body, newly engineered seamless forearm and new headsculpt” on an updated Days of Future Past Future figure. That alone would probably get them more sales on anticipation. Maybe after that, reuse it on a Logan figure. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t want to milk new engineered arms and headsculpts.

As hard as it is for me to believe, X-Men Origins probably has the most definitive Wolverine design.
The vest, flannel shirt and leather jacket combo is on par with his bar fight attire from X1 as his best fully dressed look and then getting him down to just the best with the dog tags and his far better physique in the later movies gives two great, ‘unmistakably Wolverine’ looks. His hair in the origins promo material would be ideal.
Shame the old HT fig looks soo dated now.

This DOFP figure is pure quality but none of the outfit combos really do it for me.

Back