Hot Toys Wesker Stars lower leg broke on it's own?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_20230323_200848.jpg

was away for a week came back realized few figure toppled in the cabinet. no one claims they opened it but the hot toys stars wesker had his lower knee joint broken. i am wondering is this common as this is the first time it happened and he wasnt on any figure stand.

when i saw it he was lying 45deg against another few figures behind but i found a broken tiny figure (broke into 5 pieces) with 3 small parts all over the room so i dont know how they jumped out.

i fixed the tiny figure, now need to fix wesker. he needs a long overdue body upgrade i dont know if those generic body with ball joint arm instead of seamless is good as i have few spares but the tricky part would be weskers head and light inside the neck.

also if this is common i might need to start using figure stands.

I tried to take my OG built Hot Toys Elder Predator head off and the neck post crumbled. Plastic gets weak I guess…
this is concerning since they might just topple each other off.

Plastic just gets weak/brittle overtime. My original HT Edward Scissorhands was fine one day and then I went to slightly change the pose and all of sudden the lower leg went limp. After taking it apart, turned out the knee joint basically disintegrated. Not sure what body that Wesker figure is on, but you can get cheap but sturdy knock offs of the old Hot Toys bodies. I got some for my my old Superman returns figures and the joints are nice and tight

Plastic just gets weak/brittle overtime. My original HT Edward Scissorhands was fine one day and then I went to slightly change the pose and all of sudden the lower leg went limp. After taking it apart, turned out the knee joint basically disintegrated. Not sure what body that Wesker figure is on, but you can get cheap but sturdy knock offs of the old Hot Toys bodies. I got some for my my old Superman returns figures and the joints are nice and tight
it uses those old truetype with the ugly elbow joint. i am having problems removing his vest as the zip end is sewn and i cant move the arms upwards as the shirt is restricting it and i dont want to risk tearing the shirt.

i have zw body, i am wondering can i swap out the arms from the zc toys onto the tt and how to do it. but to do so i still have to remove the vest.

the joint that broke seems to be non pivot and can be glued back. it is the extension of the leg that connects to the foot peg part. i dont know how it broke since it is not articulated but pegged into the lower leg.

Was it in a dynamic pose? I can’t imagine it broke while being on the shelf.

A couple years ago my HT Dutch broke at the knee. A much older figure, but makes you wonder how long the plastic will last before it degrades..

Was it in a dynamic pose? I can’t imagine it broke while being on the shelf.

A couple years ago my HT Dutch broke at the knee. A much older figure, but makes you wonder how long the plastic will last before it degrades..
no he was just standing straight like in promo pic but he wasnt on a stand. i cheked the figure doesnt seem to have visible damage from a drop and the crime scene does indicate the right leg gave way and tilted backwards onto other figures while kicking the 2 small figures infront. the broken part was still stuck between the pants. i have no idea how the remains of the small smashed figure fell onto the floor with a hand part at the opposite wall of the cabinet since the sliding door was closed.

all evidence tally that the crime took place within the cabinet, except the 3 small scattered body remains over the room.

it is possible the foot pegs were loose thus bending backwards and the rubber boot happens to be around the height of that broken part thus putting stress on it which eventually snaps.

i am thinking of supergluing it back and swap out an updated arm but i cant figure out how to remove the vest. also considering taping the other not broken leg just in case. the pants a tight fit i worry the zc body might be too tight so am considering arm swapping.

Back