Hot Toys Warriors of Future Tyler and Johnson 1:6 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me a bit of Wandering Earth, and probably about the same quality. I am a sucker for exo-skeleton figures, but I am going to wait and see on these

Howard must've really like this movie! :lol
Cool to see something so different for a change.

Curious why these are so expensive… Actor licensing rights? 🧐
It’s Hot Toys. Why wouldn’t they be?

I’m surprised these up for preorder. It would make more sense if they received the Valerian treatment and they waited to see how the movie does. I really loved those figures when they showcased them, but after the movie tanked they disappeared forever.

It’s Hot Toys. Why wouldn’t they be?

I’m surprised these up for preorder. It would make more sense if they received the Valerian treatment and they waited to see how the movie does. I really loved those figures when they showcased them, but after the movie tanked they disappeared forever.
There isn't a need to wait. The China market is sufficient to put those into production.

I just ordered Tyler, one of the reasons I ordered this figure is the designer (Suit design & modeling for props, robotic design, interior design pieces) Michael Andrew Nash who is also the lead principal designer of Horizon Zero Dawn, I like this game and mechanical design a lot. Unfortunately Mike passed away in last year.

In Memory of Mike Nash - ArtStation Magazine

3959c0b87ff8e88a12e275b8efe2ca6bc4d770fd.jpeg

Last edited:
saw the movie today & loved these suits , will order nearer the release . the robots & ships are very cool too.

Curious why these are so expensive… Actor licensing rights? 🧐

400px-Pancor_Jackhammer_Mk1.jpg

600px-JohnWick2_01.jpg

Smaller edition runs. The tooling looks complex on some of those parts. Lots of odd angles and rivets and gaps. Lots of precise painting aps too.

Rifle looks like a mashup of some airsoft stuff. Pancor Jackhammer shotgun for the rear. Barrett Light 50 / M82 muzzle brake. Kriss submachinegun as the underside with some elements of a FN Scar up top.

Interesting it looks somewhat like Josh Brolin's main gun in Deadpool 2.

Pistol is a Glock but the holster is cut away at the bottom, so the front underside attachment can be holstered as well.

These figures sell better if they have a larger assortment of weapons. That's one thing that I don't think most sci fi movies really understand about the back end merchandising. Even if they have a quick 10 second scene showing the main guy with 4 more cool gun types, now you've justified putting more guns into the set or into the general aftermarket for other scales/product.

HT John Wick 2 had guns from the first film, but they were shown very briefly in the beginning when Wick was reburying them in the basement. Enough to justify putting them in the only HT Wick release we have so far.

More guns makes the sets more interesting. Also more guns gives the loose parts dealers a little easier time trying to part these sets out.

In the Aliens Special Edition, all the way back the Laser Disc version, there were extensive art work samples of other gear for the Colonial Marines. Or alternate gear. If Cameron had just made some mock ups and put them on a table and flashed it in a 5 second pan over with the camera in the film, now you've got a new load of potential merchandise. I mean look how much mileage Star Wars merchandising got out of the ANH Cantina scene.

When HT released the Lost Predator ( the greenie ), I knew it would sell poorly. It was super sparse with accessories. I kept saying fill that box with weapons, alien skulls, trophies, ancient weapons, etc, etc and it would sell better. As the price points go up, and the more likely the figure won't be a huge best seller, just fill the box with stuff. I'm not even a Red Dead Redemption fan, but the Lim Toys version is chock full of stuff that makes it pretty cool.

Sadly.. both tyler and Johnson figure does not have any distinct difference in armor except for the serial number....
it's like buying 2 identical figure with 2 different "face plate" only.

i want to get one but i cannot make the difference between the except the sculpt ^^!
Looks identical save for Johnson having a hatchet right?

Last edited:
Thanks @mj23 very helpful

I prefer the red eyes helmet but prefer the human face if the blue eyed helmet guy. Tough choice

Lol I too prefer the red eyes faceplate and I like the actor that plays Johnson but the pouches and knife on Tyler look cooler than the Hatchet.
Might be easier to get the pouches and knife from Tyler separated than Johnson red eyes faceplate...
First world problems😅

Last edited:
Back