1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt looks kind of underwhelming if I'm honest. Probably the best so far and yet still not blowing me away. They just don't nail female likenesses like they at least occasionally do with men. But perhaps nothing could possibly live up to the exquisiteness of the real Lizzie Olsen.

This will be my ultimate Wanda as the Avenger's Scarlet Witch, as I think the MoM one looks very evil.
Wha you said - spot on. No other way to put it. I'm happy with what will be my one and only Wanda. I will be digging into my kit-bashing repertoire to hide those shoulders though, outfit accuracy be damned.

Wha you said - spot on. No other way to put it. I'm happy with what will be my one and only Wanda. I will be digging into my kit-bashing repertoire to hide those shoulders though, outfit accuracy be damned.
I think some cool lookin shoulder pads can be a good decorative elements for her, and compliments the cape. :D

Yeah I love this figure, but I have to admit I don’t like the shoulders. I will probably just hide those seams with that cape harness (or whatever it should be called) and call it a day since I like the cape.
I look forward to see what you do for the shoulders, it may give me some ideas regarding the shoulder situation for the Valkyrie figure.

I think some cool lookin shoulder pads can be a good decorative elements for her, and compliments the cape. :D
Haha, right - Iron Man missile battery should do nicely!

Yeah I love this figure, but I have to admit I don’t like the shoulders. I will probably just hide those seams with that cape harness (or whatever it should be called) and call it a day since I like the cape.
I look forward to see what you do for the shoulders, it may give me some ideas regarding the shoulder situation for the Valkyrie figure.
Should be soon-ish as mine is due to arrive next week. My initial thought is to obtain another cape w/shoulder harness and remove the cape, plus the strap in between the two sides of the shoulders but I would like to try something simpler first.

Haha, right - Iron Man missile battery should do nicely!

Should be soon-ish as mine is due to arrive next week. My initial thought is to obtain another cape w/shoulder harness and remove the cape, plus the strap in between the two sides of the shoulders but I would like to try something simpler first.
Ha!
Can't wait to see what you will do with it!

…Meanwhile I’m sitting over here drinking my cup of tea quietly stoked still about my AoU Wanda. That HS on that figure is still excellent to me…
I have ordered MoM Scarlett Witch… only because she’s friggin bad ass in that movie with an awesome costume design, plus it’s always great to collect villains.
This HS is just ok for me. Justin’s video, always on mute of course, doesn’t do the figure any justice imo, her HS looks off far too often in his endless praise… ahem, I mean review.

This turned out very well, but it's so late out of the gate, I find it hard to care. Maybe if this is severely discounted later on, I might consider it.
This is what Hot Toys does. They announce something and then release it a year and a half later. They will never release something that coincides with the show or movie. I wish.

I guess you haven’t been up to speed on TBLeague bodies yet @Stephen Gentile?

Like I mentioned before in the Solo Black Widow thread (I think), TBLeague bodies have a slight different colour tone and the body is a bit restrictive (to do the costume switch) due to the silicone over shell used.

Note that you would have to use talcum/corn starch/tapioca flower to put on the costume back on the new body.

I seen kit bashers use an incorrect body type (as there is a large buxom body [mostly picked], medium sized and teenager one) and it looks totally off from its overall goal.

Edit: If the right TBLeague body type and skin colour does match very close to the Hot Toys version, then it does pay off in making the correct decision.

Last edited:
This turned out very well, but it's so late out of the gate, I find it hard to care. Maybe if this is severely discounted later on, I might consider it.
If the tiara wasnt glued on I would buy this. It still looks good in any case but I dont really need it. Ill wait for the mom version and then maybe pick this up for 20% off.

It's funny all these complaints about the shoulder joints. I understand people not liking it, but what's the alternative ? Having a rubber body that barely move and deteriorate over time like the wonder woman one ?
Even more flexible bodies like the tbleague ones are really climate sensitive and deteriorate over time. And they don't have any paint on them, so we lose the skin texture Hot Toys put on their hard plastic bodies.
I'm really not a fan of rubber things. If I want seamless sculpt, I look for statues.

There is another alternative @mattjack for those very OCD about those exposed joints.

It’s getting a full 1/6th sized skeleton body (Coo Model or another 3rd party version) and putting it on the artificial skeletal body to satisfy their own needs.

Shame about the shoulder seams because I do really like the naked shoulders look with the arm sleeves.
Yes that’s my favorite look for her also. For me it’s just a better silhouette and more visually striking with the bare shoulders.
But that said, it is still a very cool release and it will still look great in my display with the cape, unless someone in this forum comes up with a mod for those shoulder seams I can copy 😂

Yes that’s my favorite look for her also. For me it’s just a better silhouette and more visually striking with the bare shoulders.
But that said, it is still a very cool release and it will still look great in my display with the cape, unless someone in this forum comes up with a mod for those shoulder seams I can copy 😂
Yeah that's probably the look I'll be going for. I'm not crazy about the shoulder joints, but I think I like that huge bulky shoulder armor even less. Lol

I guess you haven’t been up to speed on TBLeague bodies yet @Stephen Gentile?

Like I mentioned before in the Solo Black Widow thread (I think), TBLeague bodies have a slight different colour tone and the body is a bit restrictive (to do the costume switch) due to the silicone over shell used.

Note that you would have to use talcum/corn starch/tapioca flower to put on the costume back on the new body.

I seen kit bashers use an incorrect body type (as there is a large buxom body [mostly picked], medium sized and teenager one) and it looks totally off from its overall goal.

Edit: If the right TBLeague body type and skin colour does match very close to the Hot Toys version, then it does pay off in making the correct decision.
Indeed. Using plastic wrap around appendages also works for sliding the costume on. Generally, as a "starter course" just to get things going - the material will stretch the rest of the way with careful pulling...material dependent of course.

Back