Hot Toys- VGM07- Bio Hazard 5- 1/6 Sheva Alomar (BSAA ver)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bandito, how did you remove the shoulder balls from the sockets in the shoulder?

Are the screws holding the upper torso together glued or something, because I can budge them...?

Hey Bandito, how did you remove the shoulder balls from the sockets in the shoulder?

Are the screws holding the upper torso together glued or something, because I can budge them...?
Not glued, loosen the two bottom screws (of the upper torso, hike up the rubber torso to access it) is sufficient to provide some space that allows popping the shoulders off.

Ah thanks,
It was the two bottom upper torso screws that were really tough, but worked it ok. Thanks for the help.

...and i was surprised to see how far Hot Toys went with the details, and yes i am talking about the fact that they even created nipples on the breast. Now of course i don't know if the other female body types of Hot Toys have that...but i do have to say their attention to detail is very impressive.

That's quite an interesting review, one that I largely agree with.

The body you are referring to is the now standard HT female body, this iteration began on Machiko branded as Hot Angel body initially, and all the anatomical details you mentioned were there.

i just got sheva for 140 bucks and free shipping from redfordfilms.com, if anybody is looking for one this is a pretty sweet deal.

Are the arms really that bad to pose?

I'm thinking of buying my first Hot Toys figure but I'm torn between Sheva and Machiko. Which one would you all recommend?

Are the arms really that bad to pose?

I'm thinking of buying my first Hot Toys figure but I'm torn between Sheva and Machiko. Which one would you all recommend?

Difficult to recommend one or the other, depends on your affiliation with the characters, what you looking for to exemplify a Hot Toys figure, and what you expect of a figure and how you are going to get use or enjoyment out of it.

The main problem I would cite with sheva's arms are the awkwardness of getting the figure to shoulder the included weapons convincingly like the character would in the game - something largely that Hot Toys figure have been more than capable of doing oweing to the well articulated body they sport.

Both have plenty of accessories, Machiko has a more invovled setup process, and once set up can hold all the accessories included while still have different display options. Sheva is less involved, display options arise mainly from what weapon you set the figure up with, and the figure cannot display all the accessories itself at the same time.

Although I prefer sheva as a character, the figure didn't really meet what I wanted to get out of a hot toys figure in terms of pose value and screen accuracy. Personally if I had to choose between the two I would keep my Machiko.

But can't iterate enough that really get the one you want and think is going to be more sensible.

Used a spare Sheva body to customise a Lara Croft:

IMG_5384.jpg

Certainly fills out the costume nicely.
Most jarring thing is the skin tone I guess. Also the shins on the TT stop above the ankle, where the buck stops below, so giving the impression the lower legs are quite short.

tumblr_kwbhxjBuXa1qzx86no1_400.jpg

Well my problem with this action figure is it doesnt look like her that much but chris wow it looks like him him like ctazy I think they didnt do a good job on sheva just look at the difference with the game and the action figure

https://i39.tinypic.com/fatep.jpg

They did a great job with chris I dont know why they didnt do a good job on her really disapointed I hope they make her look like her in the game like verry verry good quality hope they do so

Well my problem with this action figure is it doesnt look like her that much... ...I think they didnt do a good job on sheva just look at the difference with the game and

So it's agreed then. Worst HT character headsculpt of the last 3 years.

Below the neck I feel there is a lot of loss of characterisation owing to the use of the standard TT. While I think it has been possible in the past to make allowances with body proportions, especially with fully clothed/male characters, increasingly HTs have had to adjust the bodies to be character specific (Hellboy, Wolverine, Leonidas, DX02, Wesker, Blade, Dutch, ChaCha to name a few (obviously some of those have been released since Sheva)), and I think Sheva caught the tail end somewhat of standard body use (barring the arms). Sheva, (as well as Chris and the others) both have very specifically tailored video game physiques.

I feel one of the indication of this is that accuracy no longer stops at details and headsculpt, but should include body type and proportion.
Certainly, with figures such as Wolverine and T-850, and Sarah Connor HT are moving in this direction more and more.

I really hope they have another crack at Sheva, in one of her other costumes.

Last edited:
sorry forgot to put this in when you see that pic they shaped her head thin and her lips are small well its a figure you dont want those huge well you know what I mean,and I wish thay made her look exactly like the game prototype.
Hot toys make it better dudes remake please

So it's agreed then. Worst HT character headsculpt of the last 3 years.

Below the neck I feel there is a lot of loss of characterisation owing to the use of the standard TT. While I think it has been possible in the past to make allowances with body proportions, especially with fully clothed/male characters, increasingly HTs have had to adjust the bodies to be character specific (Hellboy, Wolverine, Leonidas, Dark Knight, Wesker, Blade, Dutch, ChaCha to name a few (obviously some of those have been released since Sheva)), and I think Sheva caught the tail end somewhat of standard body use (barring the arms). Sheva, (as well as Chris and the others) both have very specifically tailored video game physiques.

I feel one of the indication of this is that accuracy no longer stops at details and headsculpt, but should include body type and proportion.
Certainly, with figures such as Wolverine and T-850, and Sarah Connor HT are moving in this direction more and more.

I really hope they have another crack at Sheva, in one of her other costumes.

Dark Knight Figures bodies.... Original, DK, Joker V1/v2, DX01, DX02, 2Face .... all have been using standard TT bodies underneath. I believe DK is the first figure to use narrow shoulders though...

Last edited:
Back